Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Help! My 700 Won't start!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Help! My 700 Won't start!!!!!! within the General Discussion forums, part of the Public Forums category; I did a search and found nothing on this. My 07 700 won't start. It cranks but just won't fire. I pulled the airbox top ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Public Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion Welcome to General Discussion. This is a general forum where we talk about anything that is NON-GRIZZLY related. Please post in the appropriate forum that relates (we have engine forums, tire forums, accessory forums...and all the others too) to your topic. This way when someone (including us) comes here to look for answers, it will be a lot easier to find info. If you are posting something in general that you cant find a forum for, then this is the place to put it. Thanks for helping us try to get the info organized.

RAWGrizzly is on a distinguished road

12-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Help! My 700 Won't start!!!!!!

I did a search and found nothing on this. My 07 700 won't start. It cranks but just won't fire. I pulled the airbox top off and pulled the filter, it was a little dirty but not bad enough to stop it. Tried it again and still won't fire. I noticed engine oil in the bottom of the airbox, what the heck caused that. I'm at a loss and there is a big snowstorm heading my way and I have to plow my driveway, all 800 feet of it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Todd
RAWGrizzly is offlineReport Post
DJ

Thanked 1,736 Times in 1,382 Posts
AZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond repute

12-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Check that the kill switch on the handlebars is not on.
AZ08Grizz is online nowReport Post

mudduck is just really nicemudduck is just really nicemudduck is just really nicemudduck is just really nicemudduck is just really nice

12-18-2009, 07:00 PM
did you check to see if you have spark?
mudduck is offlineReport Post
CRASH STUNT MEMBER

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,180 Posts
desertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond repute

12-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ08Grizz View Post

Good call DJ thats triped me up a couple times!!!!!!!!
DOUH!!!!!!
OG/GROC Member #1
Thought of joining the Original Grizzly Roll Over Club? (OG/ GROC)
PM me and I'll tell you whats required to join.
All Grizzly's welcome!
desertdweller is offlineReport Post
The Following User Says Thank You to desertdweller For This Useful Post:
AZ08Grizz (12-18-2009)
jtm

jtm will become famous soon enough

12-18-2009, 08:21 PM
If its cold you may have water in the fuel line that froze.
jtm is offlineReport Post

Grizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond repute

12-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ08Grizz View Post
If i remember correctly, with the killswitch off, it wont even crank. Ive done it a few times on the trails, forget i use the killswitch and go to start it and no nothing, i get that panic feeling rushing in, until i notice its the killswitch then i just feel real stupid haha.
08' Grizzly 700 EPS: US Yamaha front brushguard, Full ricochet skids, 3.5" Rox risers, solex bars, odi grips, rox handguards, 27" Maxxis zillas, Tamarack Classic box, Viper 3k winch, 2r tip, 2r foot pegs and traction rails, 2r front receiver, uni filter, pod mod, hanger mod, greasless, Rigid D2s, Rigid 10" SR

2013 Can Am Renegade 1000 XXC

Lots o' mods
Grizzrider08 is offlineReport Post
RIP Mike Mayho

Mad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond repute

12-18-2009, 09:20 PM
spray a little carb clean in the throttle body if it starts you know it`s a fuel problem. If it won`t start than it might be a spark problem. We need a little more info.

Mike road a mean...
07 770 Green Grizzly: EHS/Barker Port/Polish w/1mm o/s valves,Trinity 734 BBK, Barker +4mm Stroker Crank, Stage 2 Raptor Hot Cam, Barker true dual exhaust, PC5 w/Auto Tune, EHS Airbox Setup, 2mm o/s Throttle Body by KDS, 25.5" Pit Bull Growlers, Owner of Mike`s Powerhouse Mods #2 and #3 (formerly coop45 mods).

GOD BLESS MIKE'S SOUL. HE WAS A GREAT FRIEND AND ASSET TO THIS SITE. SEE YOU WHEN I GET THERE BUDDY! JAMEY (AKA GEARSLAYER).
Mad Mike is offlineReport Post

12-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Ok, I have spark, and fuel, still won't start. I could be the EHS box that I have on it. When I first turn it on, it flashes green1 then red8, back and forth a few times, then goes green 1 thru 8 and then green 8 thru 1 back and forth a few times, and then green1 stays lit. When I stop cranking it, it them goes back to flashing between green1 and red8. I'm not sure if this is normal or not but I'm at my wits end trying to diagnose this thing. Any suggestions?

Todd
DJ

Thanked 1,736 Times in 1,382 Posts
AZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond repute

12-19-2009, 03:07 PM
You can set the EHS Bullet Box as though it was not in the system and try it. If you don't have the instructions you can download and/or read them at the EHS website. Hope this helps. It does sound like the Bullet Box may be the problem. Is it cranking over real good?? If the battery does not have sufficient charge the fuel injection system will not funtion properly while cranking. That could also be why the Bullet box seems to be acting up. Make sure you have a good charge on the battery.
AZ08Grizz is online nowReport Post

12-19-2009, 06:11 PM
According to the installation instructions, it seems that it's an issue with my injector harness connector. But now, after trying several things and cranking it several time, it won't crank now. I guess I can't win.

Last edited by RAWGrizzly; 12-20-2009 at 07:56 AM..

12-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Okay, I disconnected the EHS box, still won't start. Does anyone know how to pull the diagnostic codes from the POD?

12-26-2009, 10:12 AM
Well, I finally got it started and found out the route cause. The EHS box flooded it and fouled the plug. I replaced the plug, made sure the the battery was fully charged, and left the EHS box disconnected and it started up. There was a big puff of black smoke, the unspent fuel, and she runs better than ever. I don't think that I need a fuel controller for the GYTR pipe that I have on it. I'm going to run it for awhile and then check the plug to see how efficiently she is burning fuel. If I am running lean, I will prob get a PCIII. I have always had problems with the EHS, stalling and occational popping. Probably because, like most of the fuel controllers on the market, they only guess as to how much, if any, fuel that you need. The PCIII is one of the few that actually has a fuel map that has been dyno tested, and accurately controls your FI. So, anyone want a EHS Box?.....lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Public Forums > General Discussion

Search tags for this page
08 grizzly 700 not starting
08 yamaha grizzly 700 cranks and wont start
2008 yamaha grizzly 700 will not start

2008 yamaha grizzly 700 wont start

2009 yamaha grizzly 700 wont start
700 rhino won't start
my yamaha rhino wont start
need help yamaha rhino not fireing
rhino 700 wont start
yamaha 700 grizzly won't start
yamaha 700 grizzly wont start and back fire
yamaha 700 rhino fires but wont start

yamaha grizzly 700 wont start

yamaha rhino 700 wont start

yamaha rhino wont start

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.