Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

plows snow/dirt/gravel other attachements

This is a discussion on plows snow/dirt/gravel other attachements within the General Discussion forums, part of the Public Forums category; 660 Seen a lot of conversations attaching snow plows, but is there someone that makes a plow/shovel to push gravel and dirt around that will ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Public Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion Welcome to General Discussion. This is a general forum where we talk about anything that is NON-GRIZZLY related. Please post in the appropriate forum that relates (we have engine forums, tire forums, accessory forums...and all the others too) to your topic. This way when someone (including us) comes here to look for answers, it will be a lot easier to find info. If you are posting something in general that you cant find a forum for, then this is the place to put it. Thanks for helping us try to get the info organized.

eaker02 is on a distinguished road

11-21-2010, 06:25 PM
plows snow/dirt/gravel other attachements

Seen a lot of conversations attaching snow plows, but is there someone that makes a plow/shovel to push gravel and dirt around that will attach to the grizzly?
Or can you use the snow plow for this?
And what other attachments do you use for your Grizzly, bush hog, arreators, etc
Any insight. links, experience
thanks
ron

Last edited by eaker02; 11-21-2010 at 06:27 PM..
eaker02 is offlineReport Post

Grizzly07 is just really niceGrizzly07 is just really niceGrizzly07 is just really niceGrizzly07 is just really nice

11-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Swisher looks like heavy duty stuff. Go to Swisherinc.com
2007 Grizzly 700 EPS (sold)
My Garage
Grizzly07 is offlineReport Post

11-21-2010, 07:58 PM
looks like swisher make box scrapers, grader blades, mower, fork lift etc. cool. thanks

irish317 has a spectacular aura aboutirish317 has a spectacular aura aboutirish317 has a spectacular aura about

11-21-2010, 08:48 PM
The Warn Pro Vantage has a bucket conversion kit available now. They make one for all sizes.
irish317 is offlineReport Post

11-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Warn looks pretty neat to. Both manufacturers seem to make the plows somewhat is easy on easy off. Unless I'm missing something.
thanks

UpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2010, 09:47 PM
The Swisher universal attachment you have to mount to your grizz goes under your atv. The front attaches to the bottom of your front A-arms and the bar extends all the way to the back and attaches to the rear hitch. You end up losing 3-4 inches when it is installed and it is enough of a pain to install that once I installed it, my recreational riding was over until it came off in the spring. I just got rid of it and moved over to the warn front mount. I just got the mount installed and there is no ground clearance loss and it is easier to attach the plow than the swisher. Right now you can probably still get the warn set up for less that the swisher. It seems the Warn is just as heavy duty as the swisher.
Ricochet Skid Plates & Rock Sliders
Superwinch ATV2300 w/Amsteel Blue
Mad Mike Clutch Mods 2 & 3 w/orange 2ndary spring
Plano Rear Box
Rotopax Fuel Pack
Tomahawk Front Bumber w/Rigid D2's

2009 Rhino 700 Black Special Edition
27in Sedona Rip Saw on ITP Black SS108 Wheels
Viper Max 4000 w/Amsteel Blue
Yoshimura RS-8 Muffler, K&N Filter, EZ Steer Power Steering
J Strong Roof w/lights & stereo
J Strong Full Windshield
J Strong Front & Rear Bumpers
J Strong Dual Battery Isolator

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population.
UpstateNYGrizz is offlineReport Post

11-22-2010, 06:54 AM
Thanks, what Warn setup did you go with. Looks like a 4 step process,
1. Front or Center mount kit
2. plow/push tube assembly or Power-Pivot
3. Blade tapered or straight.
In georgia snow is rare, so this will be used more for pushing gravel and dirt.
thanks
ron

UpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaker02 View Post
Thanks, what Warn setup did you go with. Looks like a 4 step process,
1. Front or Center mount kit
2. plow/push tube assembly or Power-Pivot
3. Blade tapered or straight.
In georgia snow is rare, so this will be used more for pushing gravel and dirt.
thanks
ron

I got the 54 inch straight blade setup with the Front mount. There are three components you need to order.

1. Blade. Straight or Tapered. 50, 54, or 60 inch length.

2. Base (push tubes). These connect to the blade and have the quick disconnect connections to the mount.

3. Mount. Front or Center. I would recommend the Front. Once installed, you don't have to remove it. No ground clearance loss and connection of the blade is done in the front, not underneath the ATV.

The power pivot does not take the place of the base. This is a gear motor that mounts onto the base and is used to change the angle of the blade instead of manually changing the angle, which is pretty simple to to. IMO, not worth the extra $350 unless your money is buring a hole in your pocket and your too lazy to get off the atv to change the angle.

However a winch to raise/lower the plow is a must!

A straight blade shoud do fine for moving gravel/dirt. And either way you should probably move the dirt/gravel with the blade at an angle. Actually the blade won't take most of the wear from the gravel. There is a replaceable wear bar that bolts to the bottom of the blade and is what actually touches the ground. Easily replaced and cheaper than buying a new plow blade.
Plano Rear Box
Rotopax Fuel Pack

J Strong Full Windshield

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population.

kenny001 will become famous soon enough
11-22-2010, 07:15 AM
"A straight blade shoud do fine for moving gravel/dirt. And either way you should probably move the dirt/gravel with the blade at an angle. Actually the blade won't take most of the wear from the gravel. There is a replaceable wear bar that bolts to the bottom of the blade and is what actually touches the ground. Easily replaced and cheaper than buying a new plow blade."
i support the warn is nice for making plow and i cannot agree the above more.
My name is Kenny and I'm new to grizzlycentral.com. I'm real glad to be here and that I found this forum! It seems to have a lot of great info here. I'm looking forward to becoming part of the community here, learning and sharing with everyone. Thanks.
kenny001 is offlineReport Post

11-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Thanks,
The winch came on the Grizzly, so hopefully set in that department. I like the sound of quick disconnect as well.

How about the standard coils and shocks, do they need to be replaced with a beefier setup up due to more weight on the front/ pushing stuff around?

Last edited by eaker02; 11-22-2010 at 08:16 AM..

11-22-2010, 08:51 AM
The stock shocks do fine. You can adjust them up a notch or two when you put the plow blade on, but not necessary. Just be a little careful when riding through dips because it will dive a little.
Plano Rear Box
Rotopax Fuel Pack

J Strong Full Windshield

11-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Warn setup looks great and sold on it, but also seen in the searches/archives a lot of the gang uses Countyplow/moose setup. In a nutshell, how are they as far as plow equipment, pros/cons.
thanks

Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,119 Posts
wayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2010, 01:11 PM
I found these machines to be too light to effectively be pushing dirt and gravel around. They have a hard time even pushing deep snow around-too light.

Defender of the Yamaha Grizzly
wayupnorth is offlineReport Post

11-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Mainly the gravel is on the driveway which is about 400 ft long. The gravel starts pushing over the sides, then I'm left with mud. so it's get out with a shovel and try to fill in the bare spots or get a truck load and spread by hand. Being 54, Wisdom kind of kicks in and says let a machine do it. I just dpn't have energy or motivation do it anymore.
for what I'm wanting to do, would this put to much of a strain on the tranny or motor? Or is to light and you just spin wheels?
thanks and appreciate the input.
ron

Last edited by eaker02; 11-22-2010 at 01:29 PM..

11-22-2010, 01:30 PM
You should be fine moving small amounts. That is basically what I did with mine. WUN is correct, you can't fill the blade up with dirt/gravel and expect this thing to move heavy loads, but to push gravel from off the driveway back into it, it is more than capable of that. As long as you don't get a build up of gravel on the blade, keep it at an angle and the gravel rolls off the blade back into the driveway.
Plano Rear Box
Rotopax Fuel Pack

J Strong Full Windshield

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Public Forums > General Discussion

Search tags for this page

atv dirt plow

atv plowing dirt
can a atv push gravel?
can you use a snow blade to push gravel
dirt blades for atv

dirt plow for atv

dirt plows
if you have a machine which is hard to push snow, dirt, or garbage
moterized plow push gravel
moving dirt with atv
tractor plow on grizzly
use snow plow to move dirt
what can you use to push dirt around
which has more force to move snow or dirt
which is the hardest for machines to push snow dirt or garbage
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.