Gold Rush, Alaska - Discovery Channel
Hey champs -
Anyone else watching this show on discovery? I've watched the first 2 episodes so far, and without words. It starts with a few people from Oregon that get as much money out of their houses, financed, maxed out and all that, then drive up to porcupine creek, AK. That is questionable right there, like taking out a mortgage and throwing it on red in Vegas.
Honestly, I think somebody is going to die on this show, these guys are flat out WAY out of their league.
They are doing this on a whim, not 1 thing planned out.
1. They drive excavator across a river, I'm curious if thats even legal. Surprised it made it, they smashed their gator doing it.
2. Snapped a massive cable winch, trying to load their tractor trailer flatbed. Same idiot almost ruined it unloading it, as he was in a rush for some reason?
3. Nobody seems to know how to run heavy equipment.
4. Guy almost sawed his leg off trying to start a chain saw.
5. Had a brown bear in camp for having kids there leaving food around, then they went a shot a black bear....? Surprised AK DOW isn't concerned they all have rifles and only 1 bear tag? But they all shooting at it...
6. Old man smashes his truck with the excavator. Says no biggie lol...
7. Nobody really has mining experience? Old man does from 30 years ago, he is in a major rush randomly digging holes.
8. See the old man with the pistol shooting it? Surprised by the way he was holding it, didn't recoil into his face.
9. Drove to Anchorage with out enough money for a very crucial piece of equipment? Might have just been over there...
10. 1 guy showed up in a tent for the summer?
11. They are building structures for 3 months to stay in, have RV's, generators, then they put canvass material for a roof? None of that makes any sense. They talk about roughing it with heated running water and all that equipment?
What are your thoughts on this? Law suit coming for Discovery?