United Airlines Humor - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum
General Discussion Welcome to General Discussion. This is a general forum where we talk about anything that is NON-GRIZZLY related. Please post in the appropriate forum that relates (we have engine forums, tire forums, accessory forums...and all the others too) to your topic. This way when someone (including us) comes here to look for answers, it will be a lot easier to find info. If you are posting something in general that you cant find a forum for, then this is the place to put it. Thanks for helping us try to get the info organized.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-18-2017, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts

United Airlines Humor

Hey guys, sorry it took me so long to post these, but they're still funny!!!

07 Blue Grizzly 700 EPS
26" GBC Grim Reapers - 14" Machined ITP SS212s . Moose dual zone heated grips & thumb . Viper Max 3K w/AmSteel-Blue Rope . Coop45 Mod 3, EPI Purple spring . Rox Risers & Aero Fly bars . Totron 12" combo LED bar . Rigid Duallys (angled out) . xxbilletxx 1" front spacers . Yamaha HD front bumper . ODI Rogue lock-on grips . Ricochet skids - full set . Plano 1510 rear box . Elka Stage 3's . Back-up lights . Electrical stuff . Gold plugs x3 . Grip mitts . Uni Filter . AmsOil . Halos

Last edited by BDSNJ; 04-18-2017 at 03:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BDSNJ For This Useful Post:
mainegrizz660 (04-19-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-18-2017, 01:51 PM

Garage
i travel for work a lot and when i fly i typically always fly united. so last week i was at the airport waiting for my united flight to mobile AL and a lady came across the PA and announced (for a different flight than mine) that they needed a few volunteers to take a later flight, as soon as she said that every one that herd her all lifted there heads and was looking around at each other with a funny sarcastic smile lol, and im talking about several dozens of people. it was awesome

Nate From Texas

2015 Grizz 700 FI & EPS in Bad Ass Blue
Warn ProVantage 3500 Winch W/ Steel cable
Diplomat Quad Case rear rack seat
Kimpex rear fender guards with Foot Pegs
PowerMadd Sentinel Hand Guards (Blue&Black)
STI HD3 12" wheels
ITP Mega Mayhems, 27x9x12 front, 27x11x12 rear
EPI purple secondary spring
1.68mm primary shim
Trail Tech Voyager II GPS
Yamaha HD Front Bumper/Brush Guard
Yamaha fender flairs
EHS fuel tuner
Totron 12" LED light bar
Extra brake light installed on the back of the rear rack seat
Custom reverse lights setup mounted on back of rear rack seat
post #3 of 8 Old 04-18-2017, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

I think it is complete BS that they are legally allowed (meaning federal regulations specifically allow this, from what has been reported) to take your money, tell you they have you confirmed for your flight, and then because they assume people will cancel and there will be open seats on a flight for their employees and then nobody cancels, they can just screw over some random person and tell them they have to take a flight the next day. This is effectively robbing someone of one day of their life. I understand if a flight is cancelled because of a maintenance issue or weather (still sucks, but...), however just so they don't lose a little money is crap.

In this recent situation, they could have hired someone to drive their four employees the five hour trip to Louisville, Kentucky.

07 Blue Grizzly 700 EPS
26" GBC Grim Reapers - 14" Machined ITP SS212s . Moose dual zone heated grips & thumb . Viper Max 3K w/AmSteel-Blue Rope . Coop45 Mod 3, EPI Purple spring . Rox Risers & Aero Fly bars . Totron 12" combo LED bar . Rigid Duallys (angled out) . xxbilletxx 1" front spacers . Yamaha HD front bumper . ODI Rogue lock-on grips . Ricochet skids - full set . Plano 1510 rear box . Elka Stage 3's . Back-up lights . Electrical stuff . Gold plugs x3 . Grip mitts . Uni Filter . AmsOil . Halos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-18-2017, 02:33 PM

Thanked 1,292 Times in 774 Posts

Garage
Not to try and defend United here, but supposedly, the guy dragged off the flight had previously offered to give up his seat, then decided not long after that he didn't want to give it up and then chaos pursued. He also was dragged off the flight by airport security, not United employees. In fact, those weren't even Untied employees on that flight as that was a United Express flight which is contracted with another airline, meaning United plane but other company pilots and crew.

I guess there is not as much drama created by the press if the press provided the missing facts in the original story.

Yes I do fly United a lot too and I do know a few United pilots and believe me, I've had my issues with United and other airlines. I suppose when you are a frequent flyer, it comes down to which airline sucks the least that still has a fair amount of flights out of your home airport.

- Brad, '07 Grizzly 700 (bought 02/14) | Updated '09 oil line cover w/ RM Stator | Dynatek DFCA-13 FI Controller | 26" BigHorns OG | Yamaha Rhino SE wheels w/ 1" spacers | Coop45 Primary Sheave mod3 & .7mm shim | EPI purple spring | RoxRisers w/ Renthal Fatbar | Ricochet Full skids w/ UHMW Overlays | BlueSea Fuse Block | Yamaha HD bumper w/ Totron 12" LED light bar | Back-up LED light | Heat Demon grips/throttle | Kolpin Fuel Pack | Uni air filter
post #5 of 8 Old 04-18-2017, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

I too fly United pretty regularly and do not have a personal problem with them. And, it's tough because you can't please all the people all the time. And, I am sure there are plenty of additional facts that are not being reported. But, the policy is the policy - they can kick people off the plane because they wanted to maximize their profit.

A couple on their way to their wedding was recently kicked off a plane for sitting in upgraded seats after asking for and being denied an upgrade. I do not have a problem with that.

07 Blue Grizzly 700 EPS
post #6 of 8 Old 04-18-2017, 05:35 PM

I don't know if it's true or not but I heard after this incident United is now #1 in Chinese takeout :)

08 700 EPS
27"BHOG's W/ITP SS112 rims
Ricochet full skids
1.5xxbillet spacers
1.5shimw/EPI purple spring
HMF XL pipe w/optimizer
Uni air filter
Moose front and rear bumpers
12" LED bar
Rotopax 3gal fuel cell
Yami overfenders
Yami hand guards
Warn XT2.5 winch w/syn. rope
LED reverse light
ODI grips
Rhino axles and etc etc....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jvictory1974 For This Useful Post:
BDSNJ (04-18-2017), okbear (04-19-2017)
post #7 of 8 Old 04-18-2017, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvictory1974 View Post
I don't know if it's true or not but I heard after this incident United is now #1 in Chinese takeout :)
BWHAAAA!

07 Blue Grizzly 700 EPS
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BDSNJ For This Useful Post:
jvictory1974 (04-18-2017), mainegrizz660 (04-19-2017), okbear (04-18-2017)
post #8 of 8 Old 04-19-2017, 12:52 PM

Thanked 3,195 Times in 2,006 Posts

Does anyone really give a sh!t about how corporation work to maximize profits?
Over book, under book, rent-a-cops, leased airplanes, customer satisfaction.......
How about payment in advance, no refund if you don't show up and sell as many tickets as seats.
The only true winner in this story will be the 'f'ing attorney if he can prove those doing the beating were order by United, or the airport, or someone with money.

Jim,
Fast Green Convertible "06" 660 on 26" BH OG's with Stock Wheels.
COOP45 Primary, 1.5 mm shim, -1.5 mm belt, Purple Secondary Spring,
21 gram weights, weight covers reduced to 29 mm diameter and a 2 mm Cut Cam Plate.
2 heat range hotter plug, Warn Winch, Passenger Foot Rests, Rock Deflectors, Heated Grips and Hand Mitts,
Grab Strap, Cooling System Up-Grade and multiple position mirrors.
8040 miles, 812 hours on 1-1-15
Y.A.C.C. #43

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Public Forums > General Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode