Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Bison bumper

This is a discussion on Bison bumper within the Grizzly Accessories forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; I bought a bison front bumper (still not in yet ) I was wondering how well it fits and how it mounts...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Accessories

Grizzly Accessories Discuss all other Grizzly accessories here.

shawn is on a distinguished road

09-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Bison bumper

I bought a bison front bumper (still not in yet) I was wondering how well it fits and how it mounts
shawn is offlineReport Post

NCMudHunter is a jewel in the roughNCMudHunter is a jewel in the roughNCMudHunter is a jewel in the roughNCMudHunter is a jewel in the rough

09-06-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm trying to decide between a Moose bumper and a Bison. I really didn't like how the old Moose bumpers looked but the new bumpers look great. Where did you get yours?

"Observe the masses and do the opposite".
NCMudHunter is offlineReport Post
The Following User Says Thank You to NCMudHunter For This Useful Post:
shawn (09-07-2009)
RIP Mike Mayho

Mad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond repute

09-07-2009, 07:04 AM
I have the binson bumper and think its the worst bumper you can buy(unless they have changed them) The mounting is at the top and middle nothing at the bottom just 2 tubes hanging there not very well thought out. I really like the looks of the new moose bumper but they seem awful proud of it.
Mad Mike is offlineReport Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Mad Mike For This Useful Post:
shawn (09-07-2009)

TripleR is a splendid one to beholdTripleR is a splendid one to beholdTripleR is a splendid one to beholdTripleR is a splendid one to beholdTripleR is a splendid one to beholdTripleR is a splendid one to beholdTripleR is a splendid one to behold

09-07-2009, 08:55 AM
I don't know about the front, went with the Yamaha, but the Bison rear bumper mounts easily and is very sturdy.
TripleR is offlineReport Post
The Following User Says Thank You to TripleR For This Useful Post:
shawn (09-07-2009)

turnhog is on a distinguished road

09-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Shawn, I have both the front and back bumper guards mounted on 2009 700 Grizzly. I liked the price and they mounted easily enough, but I am disappointed with the way they mount. They mount to some of the weakest links on the quad (both front and back). The horizontal factory bar (frame) is now bent at where the mounting brackets attach. Granted, I did push someone but it was a big deal. I bought the guards to protect my frame and body parts, but the bumpers from Bison just seem to transfer the blows directly to the places I wanted to protect. In hindsight, I'd prefer something more substantial that is attached (bolted) directly to the frame at stronger points. But since you're like me and have already purchased the bumpers, I'd suggest wrapping the mounting points of your quad with rubber before installing the new bumpers. Maybe that might absorb some of the force that the frame receives when in contact. Steve
turnhog is offlineReport Post
The Following User Says Thank You to turnhog For This Useful Post:
shawn (09-07-2009)

Grizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond repute

09-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnhog View Post
Shawn, I have both the front and back bumper guards mounted on 2009 700 Grizzly. I liked the price and they mounted easily enough, but I am disappointed with the way they mount. They mount to some of the weakest links on the quad (both front and back). The horizontal factory bar (frame) is now bent at where the mounting brackets attach. Granted, I did push someone but it was a big deal. I bought the guards to protect my frame and body parts, but the bumpers from Bison just seem to transfer the blows directly to the places I wanted to protect. In hindsight, I'd prefer something more substantial that is attached (bolted) directly to the frame at stronger points. But since you're like me and have already purchased the bumpers, I'd suggest wrapping the mounting points of your quad with rubber before installing the new bumpers. Maybe that might absorb some of the force that the frame receives when in contact. Steve
That was the main reason i went with the yamaha HD bumper, other bumpers just bolt onto a already weak bumper, and that doesnt help anything. The yamaha hd bumper replaces the stock with much stronger.
08' Grizzly 700 EPS: US Yamaha front brushguard, Full ricochet skids, 3.5" Rox risers, solex bars, odi grips, rox handguards, 27" Maxxis zillas, Tamarack Classic box, Viper 3k winch, 2r tip, 2r foot pegs and traction rails, 2r front receiver, uni filter, pod mod, hanger mod, greasless, Rigid D2s, Rigid 10" SR

2013 Can Am Renegade 1000 XXC

Lots o' mods
Grizzrider08 is online nowReport Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Grizzrider08 For This Useful Post:
shawn (09-07-2009)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Accessories

Search tags for this page
2014 700 grizzly bison front bumper
accesories yamaha byson

accessories yamaha bison

accessories yamaha byson

asesoris byson

asesoris yamaha byson
atv bison pushbars\

bison atv bumper review

bison atv bumper reviews

bison atv bumpers

bison bumper reviews

bison bumpers

bison front bumper

forum yamaha byson

yamaha byson accessories
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.