Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Swisher Universal Mount Parts

This is a discussion on Swisher Universal Mount Parts within the Grizzly Accessories forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; I'm new to the forum as I just picked up a 2003 Grizzly 660! Unfortunately the plow that came with the machine is missing some ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Accessories

Grizzly Accessories Discuss all other Grizzly accessories here.

MNGrizzly660 is on a distinguished road
09-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Swisher Universal Mount Parts

I'm new to the forum as I just picked up a 2003 Grizzly 660!

Unfortunately the plow that came with the machine is missing some key parts needed to install it. It is a Swisher plow with the universal mount. In review of the illustrated parts diagram available on the Swisher web site, the parts missing that I can't readily purchase from local sources are the (2) mount brackets and (2) bracket plates (the parts that attach to the "A" arms). I believe that the universal mount kit comes with two different sizes of brackets (short & long) for different applications. I'm wondering if anyone else has this same Plow set up & if so, will both sizes work on a Grizzly 660? If so, would someone be willing to part with the set you do not have installed? Swisher sells the parts, but the cost is outrageous!

Thanks!
MNGrizzly660 is offlineReport Post
I Mucked up AGAIN?!?!

~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute

09-16-2009, 09:50 PM
I have a Swisher plow, love it. What are they asking for, for the A-Arm attachments (plates & arms)???

It came with two sets of bracket plates. Unsure if I kept the one I didn't use, but I could look.
GC/OG GROC MEMBER #2

~Muckboy is offlineReport Post

09-17-2009, 06:29 PM
From the Swisher web site, total cost will be around $70. I plan to call them to see if there might be something they can do to reduce the cost, but I thought I'd see if anyone had them laying around first.

Do you have the short ones or the long ones installed now? Do you see any reason why the set you don't have installed wouldn't work on a Grizzly 660?

Thanks!
I Mucked up AGAIN?!?!

~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm fairly sure the smaller ones will work closer to the wheel. I never tried to mount the other ones.

Unsure how those second ones mount. Don't even know if the big loose bolts and those "U" shaped things are part of these mounts of extra pieces for the plow...

I put a sharpie there for size reference along with the big ones I use (with the bolts through them)

I'll part with them if you want them. Keep in mind, they are very heavy and shipping will be for 3-4lbs. for one set alone...
Attached Thumbnails
Swisher Universal Mount Parts-swisher-aarm-mounts01.jpg   Swisher Universal Mount Parts-swisher-aarm-mounts02.jpg  
GC/OG GROC MEMBER #2

~Muckboy is offlineReport Post
The Following User Says Thank You to ~Muckboy For This Useful Post:
MNGrizzly660 (09-25-2009)

09-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the details!

Yes, I believe the short ones were on the machine at one time. I can see that they were mounted almost all the way out to the ends of the A arms. It looks like if the hole to hole distance is ~3.5" they should work. The other ones according to the Swisher manual are for Polaris machines.

I'll send a PM to you shortly. Thanks again.

09-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks to Muckboy, I'm all hooked up with the parts I needed!

Atvnutz is on a distinguished road
12-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Swisher plow brackets

Hey I know this an old thread but I'm currently having the same issue I bought a plow it came with Honda mounts and I need Polaris I didn't know if any one possibly held on to brackets for a Polaris they wouldn't need I'd pay shipping and some for brackets if any help could be offered
Atvnutz is offlineReport Post

12-17-2012, 09:54 PM
To be honest I'm hoping muck boy sees this because I noticed he had held onto his Polaris brackets :)

UpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond repute

12-18-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atvnutz View Post
To be honest I'm hoping muck boy sees this because I noticed he had held onto his Polaris brackets :)
Muckboy rarely comes around anymore. I know he was in the middle of some serious personal issues and was looking to move down towards NJ. I live close to him and haven't heard anything for a while.

As for the Swisher, I used to use it also. Looking at the brackets above, I used the setup on the right. The main brackect goes under the A-Arm with the bolt going up through the brace in the middle of the A-Arm. The universal mount leaf spring fits in the U-bracket and there is a pin the goes through to secure the mount. I thought it was a big PITA to put the mount on every year, plus losing inches of ground clearance really limited my winter riding. Ended up selling the whole thing and got the Warn Provantage Front Mount Plow System. You can install the front mount and leave it there all year long. No loss in ground clearance and it only takes a couple minutes to put the plow on/off just like the Swisher. Fits around your front bumper and works with the Ricochet Skid Plates too. A little bit of an investment, but man I am glad I switched.
Ricochet Skid Plates & Rock Sliders
Superwinch ATV2300 w/Amsteel Blue
Mad Mike Clutch Mods 2 & 3 w/orange 2ndary spring
Plano Rear Box
Rotopax Fuel Pack
Tomahawk Front Bumber w/Rigid D2's

2009 Rhino 700 Black Special Edition
27in Sedona Rip Saw on ITP Black SS108 Wheels
Viper Max 4000 w/Amsteel Blue
Yoshimura RS-8 Muffler, K&N Filter, EZ Steer Power Steering
J Strong Roof w/lights & stereo
J Strong Full Windshield
J Strong Front & Rear Bumpers
J Strong Dual Battery Isolator

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population.

Last edited by UpstateNYGrizz; 12-18-2012 at 07:04 AM..
UpstateNYGrizz is offlineReport Post

12-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Well that's too bad to hear yea I also need the images in the right picture I probably would have gone with the quick detach but a long time friend was getting rid of this they put a blower attachment on their John Deere and I picked up the plow and universal mount for 40 I can order brackets for 80 or I could try to make them but I figured I'd see if their was an easier route :)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Accessories

Search tags for this page
how to mount a universal swisher snow plow
swisher atv plow mount kit
swisher atv plow mounts
swisher atv plow parts

swisher atv snow plow parts

swisher plow installation tips
swisher plow mount
swisher plow mount parts
swisher plow mounting

swisher plow parts

swisher snow plow mount for honda
swisher snow plow skids
swisher snow plow system for a 660 grizzly
swisher snow plows skid plates
swisherplowparts
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.