Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Where to mount Warn Remote Connector?

This is a discussion on Where to mount Warn Remote Connector? within the Grizzly Accessories forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; Just curious where most mount the connector/plug for the Warn Winch Remote control? I don't see any place that would be an obvious location. Obviously, ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Accessories

Grizzly Accessories Discuss all other Grizzly accessories here.

Skeeter has a spectacular aura aboutSkeeter has a spectacular aura about

12-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Where to mount Warn Remote Connector?

Just curious where most mount the connector/plug for the Warn Winch Remote control? I don't see any place that would be an obvious location. Obviously, it will require a hole to be cut. OBTW...mounting it on an '09 700 Grizz.
Skeeter is offlineReport Post
yamacliner rider

scooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2009, 05:36 PM
I mounted my socket right in front of the gear shifter. Clean and simple look and is out of the way. Pic in my garage.
Banned

jteahan3165 is infamous around these partsjteahan3165 is infamous around these partsjteahan3165 is infamous around these partsjteahan3165 is infamous around these partsjteahan3165 is infamous around these partsjteahan3165 is infamous around these partsjteahan3165 is infamous around these partsjteahan3165 is infamous around these parts
12-06-2009, 08:47 PM
If the 2009 700 has the same warning plates as the older models - then may I suggest mounting it through the small plate located just to the left of the shifter handle.

Here is a photo of my remote plug mounted on my 660:
Attached Thumbnails
Where to mount Warn Remote Connector?-1.jpg  
jteahan3165 is offlineReport Post

GRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant future

12-06-2009, 08:59 PM
On the left side, under the plastic panel, right in front of the shifter- perfect place.
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/f5d2b5b5.jpg
This should give You an idea
Attached Thumbnails
Where to mount Warn Remote Connector?-img_8526.jpg  
GRIZZLY77 is offlineReport Post

DarthW has a spectacular aura aboutDarthW has a spectacular aura about

12-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIZZLY77 View Post
On the left side, under the plastic panel, right in front of the shifter- perfect place.
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/f5d2b5b5.jpg
This should give You an idea

I don't think that's what the OP was asking about, I think he has the corded remote and wants to install the plug for it.

But I am still working on getting my XT30 installed and was having a hard time deciding on where to install the wireless box. I see lots of SPACE where you put yours, but I couldn't find anything good to MOUNT it to. Did you mount yours or just let it flop around in that space?

That may be a silly question, but I have one friend who did just that and he's had no problems, even though it's right where yours is and has nothing holding it in place except for it's own wires. Makes me too nervous to leave it there without fastening it to something.
DarthW is offlineReport Post

Zombie is on a distinguished road

12-07-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure if your 700 is the same as my 450,but I mounted the connector for my Viper 3000 inside the small storage compartment on the right side.
2005 80 Grizzly Green
2006 Yamaha XT225
Zombie is offlineReport Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie For This Useful Post:
hardwater (05-10-2010)

GRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant futureGRIZZLY77 has a brilliant future

12-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthW View Post
I don't think that's what the OP was asking about, I think he has the corded remote and wants to install the plug for it.

But I am still working on getting my XT30 installed and was having a hard time deciding on where to install the wireless box. I see lots of SPACE where you put yours, but I couldn't find anything good to MOUNT it to. Did you mount yours or just let it flop around in that space?

That may be a silly question, but I have one friend who did just that and he's had no problems, even though it's right where yours is and has nothing holding it in place except for it's own wires. Makes me too nervous to leave it there without fastening it to something.
Oh! You can always use zip-ties, and strap it to something in there.
I have couple extra wires so it's not flopping and last time a checked didn't even move.
GRIZZLY77 is offlineReport Post

Hammer07 is a name known to allHammer07 is a name known to allHammer07 is a name known to allHammer07 is a name known to allHammer07 is a name known to allHammer07 is a name known to all

12-08-2009, 11:21 PM
zombie, that's a great idea!
Hammer07 is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Accessories

Search tags for this page

best location winch remote socket

best mounting spot for winch socket on atv

best place to mount remote control on grizzly

best place to mount remote socket on yamaha grizzly

grizzly 700 wireless remote mounting

grizzly winch remote control switch location

how to mount remote switch mount for grizzly atv

where should the remote connector be located on an atv winch

where to mount plug for winch remote on atv

where to mount remote winch socket on an atv
where to mount warn winch wireless receiver on grizzly 700#gsc.tab

where to mount winch remote plug for grizzly

where to mount winch remote socket on yamaha grizzly

www.grizzlycentral.com

yamaha grizzly where to mount wireless warn winch controller

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.