Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Bison "hunter" series rear bumper or Moose

This is a discussion on Bison "hunter" series rear bumper or Moose within the Grizzly Accessories forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; I have tons of research I have narrowed my search for a rear bumpers down to 2. 1st the moose one: here are some great ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Accessories

Grizzly Accessories Discuss all other Grizzly accessories here.

dave_superjet is on a distinguished road

01-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Bison "hunter" series rear bumper or Moose

I have tons of research I have narrowed my search for a rear bumpers down to 2.

1st the moose one: here are some great images

Type in a search in "bing" for "moose grizzly 700 rear bumper review" and select the 1st one (I guess grizzlycentral blocks out my copying over a link to another competitive forum)

2nd the bison "hunter" series: This is the only image I can find
Yamaha Grizzly 700 550 Hunter Series Bison Rear BumperATVenture Inc. Manufacturer of Bison ATV UTV Bumpers, Fender Guards, Racks, Cargo Boxes.
Can anyone provide me some additional images of this bumper including the pictures of the attachments?? Plus feedback!!!

I have been leaning towards this Bison one but without additional images I just can't be sure. I know its the more expensive option (approx $170) but it looks better built than the moose. Granted I know these mount to the exsisting factory bumper which is the week point.

Just an FYI my front is the Yamaha HD bumper.

Thankyou for the Help!!!

REMOVED ACTIVE LINK TO NON-SITE SPONSOR

Last edited by UpstateNYGrizz; 01-10-2011 at 11:47 AM..
dave_superjet is offlineReport Post
DJ

Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,415 Posts
AZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond repute

01-06-2011, 10:53 AM
I just put on the Bison rear bumper. Both are similar in design but the Bison sits about 3" higher than the Moose so the Bison's top rail is even with the rack and wraps around the corners about 3" which protects the rack much better. The mounts on the Bison bolts to rear rack rail and rear support struts. The Moose has tabs that mount under rack support bolts up top. I'm very happy with Bison and finish matches my Yamaha HD front bumper. Search "Sonic's" posts for recent pics.
08 Camo 700EPS, 26" BH OGs on Blk 108's, 1" frnt whl spcrs, Elka Stg 2, RDC 2" lift , Rhino axels, EHS Bullet Box & lid mod w/K&N, Dyna FS, HMF Swamp Exh, Coop45 sheave, greaseless wts, purple spring, Yami US HD frt bumper, Bison Hunter rear bumper, ViperMax 3500 w/syn line, ATVrocks skids & Rock Sliders, Rox risers & Solex tapered quad bars, Roto Pax, PIAA Intense White H4's, Plano 1510 rear box.
AZ08Grizz is offlineReport Post

01-06-2011, 11:41 AM
AZ08Grizz....Thank you for the feedback. I was doing searches for "Sonics" within grizzlycentral with nothing showing up that included the Bison rear bumper. Perhaps you could post a link to help me out?

Thanked 1,230 Times in 807 Posts
DrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond repute

01-06-2011, 01:02 PM
I have the Moose , been on for a week, love the way it looks, will attach pic, if I can get it to work. Took a pretty hard rear end hit Saturday on new years. ,I stoped with the group line, guy behind me was looking way off yonder and just crashed into me. Way beyond a bump, like, dirty look time and sincere apologies difuse the situation. Would have broken plastic or muffler without it. Just a small scratch, nothing bent.

Mounts up as described. EDIT: Between rear rack support bolts, and rear support struts. We (My son and I) wanted the lower mount so that we could push each other out of the mud with our front bumper, matches up ok. Neither has gotten stuck yet, so we have not been able to try this. Not sure if this would work for the other higher mounted bumper. Edit: Looked at picture of Bison, looks like pushing would be fine with atv or a bulldozer, that bumper looks tough.

We are running stock exhaust and will never change. This might be issue with moose if custom exhaust directs exxhaust output straight back??? Not sure, other might clear better??? not sure.. Edit: Exhaust looks like may be possible issue on both.

I would rate my Moose a "10". Looks and Durability. Edit: Looking at both, would stay make same decision.

YACC MEMBER # 7

2010 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI EPS
My Sons: 29.5 laws or 27" Bighorns or 27" XTR's, Bunch of stuff.

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI EPS Yamaha skid plates, Yamaha hand guard, Yamaha brush guard, Moose Rear Bumper, Moose fender flares, ATV Nerf Bars, Richochet Floor skids, EPI Clutch Kit, Rigid Duallies, 1mm shim, Moose GPS Finger Grip mount, Garmin GPS, Warn winch, Yamaha Rear Storage Box, Performance Snorkles, 27" Bighorns, SS12 ITP Platinum rims.

Last edited by DrMud; 08-04-2011 at 06:52 PM..
DrMud is offlineReport Post

TripleR is a splendid one to beholdTripleR is a splendid one to beholdTripleR is a splendid one to beholdTripleR is a splendid one to beholdTripleR is a splendid one to beholdTripleR is a splendid one to beholdTripleR is a splendid one to behold

01-06-2011, 03:33 PM
I have the old style Bison bumper on mine as it was all I could find when I bought mine in 08. It is not as streamlined as the Hunter, but as to quality and strength, I am very pleased with it.
2 Kawasaki Mules
TripleR is offlineReport Post

onemoretry will become famous soon enough
01-07-2011, 08:38 AM
I have a handful of pictures of the Moose here:
bumpers and skids installs
I think it looks and acts great, but I have never seen a Bison in person.
Tough decision. I wouldn't think twice about going with the Moose again.
onemoretry is offlineReport Post

JBean is on a distinguished road
01-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Here are some photos of the attachment points for the Bison Hunter one. Bolts onto the rack and a second pipe using pipe clamps, don't need to alter anything on the bike, goes on very easy!

Bison "hunter" series rear bumper or Moose-bison-241hunter.jpg

Bison "hunter" series rear bumper or Moose-topattach.jpg

Bison "hunter" series rear bumper or Moose-bottomattach.jpg
JBean is offlineReport Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:
bentframekodiak (12-24-2013), dave_superjet (01-07-2011)

DrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond repute

01-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Looking at the pics, I believe the moose is a stronger mount up, if I am looking at the pics right.

YACC MEMBER # 7

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI EPS Yamaha skid plates, Yamaha hand guard, Yamaha brush guard, Moose Rear Bumper, Moose fender flares, ATV Nerf Bars, Richochet Floor skids, EPI Clutch Kit, Rigid Duallies, 1mm shim, Moose GPS Finger Grip mount, Garmin GPS, Warn winch, Yamaha Rear Storage Box, Performance Snorkles, 27" Bighorns, SS12 ITP Platinum rims.

01-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Thank you JBean!!! Thats what I was looking for. I'm a little suprised that the Bison mounts right to the rack as I kinda hoped it mounted to the rack attachment like the moose does even though I'm not a fan of the mooses little tabs. They look of pretty heavy gauge though.

How strong are our grizzly racks anyhow? If somebody rear ends me with the Bison bumper will it just bend the rack to kingdom come?

I'm a little torn to which way to go. Both look great, I do like the powder coating on the Bison alot better as It looks like it matches the oem racks better in the picture.

hummm....what to do???

GrizzlyMan660 is a glorious beacon of lightGrizzlyMan660 is a glorious beacon of lightGrizzlyMan660 is a glorious beacon of lightGrizzlyMan660 is a glorious beacon of lightGrizzlyMan660 is a glorious beacon of lightGrizzlyMan660 is a glorious beacon of light

01-07-2011, 06:14 PM
I think the bison one looks nice! If i had a 700 or 550 id go with that one in a heartbeat!
(Mine) 2001 Yamaha YZ 125 With Wisco BBK,Graphics Kit,CEET Seat Cover,Scott Grips,Throttle Jocky Throttle,Jet Kit.
GrizzlyMan660 is offlineReport Post

01-08-2011, 12:26 AM
FYI: My bumper is wet from just being washed, the little bubbles all over it is water.

YACC MEMBER # 7

01-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMud View Post
FYI: My bumper is wet from just being washed, the little bubbles all over it is water.
DrMud when I look at the picture from you your Moose bumper looks like its textured similar to oem which I really like. However when I look at the pics from "onemoretry's" link his moose bumper looks to be glossy not really matching up. Maybe its just the cameras taking the pictures or moose has made 2 different finishes???

I think I'm going to go with the moose as I just can't get past how the Bison attaches the rack like that. They are both great looking of course. Also hearing how DrMud was violated out on the trail with hisMoose one and it held up well helped me as well. I guess if I get the rack and it doesn't match up I'll just shoot it with bed liner spray from a rattle can which should get it pretty close.

Wheres everyone been getting the best total price on the Moose delivered?

Thank you for the great info everyone!!

Sonic is a name known to allSonic is a name known to allSonic is a name known to allSonic is a name known to allSonic is a name known to allSonic is a name known to all

01-09-2011, 01:54 PM
I have the bison and it seems very strong. I'm not going to Intentionally test out getting rear ended but I would trust it as a jack up point. The finish is identical to the factory finish and I like how the bison is more protective since it cover the tail light and wraps around the rear end. The tubes are thick and strong. I wouldn't own any other rear bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2009 550 FI EPS Midnight Armor Red Grizzly Special Edition
Sonic is offlineReport Post

01-09-2011, 04:41 PM
The finish looks the same on the Moose, as the rear rack, My dealership beat anybody else price, I had just bought two grizz from them in the last 60 days though.

YACC MEMBER # 7

Ron

Ron will become famous soon enoughRon will become famous soon enough

01-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Go with the Moose. I liked the it was mounted better than some of the others.

Hey, I was next. Shut up, you still are!!
Ron is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Accessories

Search tags for this page
09 700 grizzly front and rear bumpers

bison atv bumper review

bison atv bumpers

bison bumper review
bison bumper reviews
bison hunter bumper review

bison hunter series atv bumpers

bison hunter series rear bumper
bison rear brush guard yamaha 700 grizzily
comparison between the moose and bison bumper for 2013 grizzly 700
hunter series grizzly 700
moose atv bumper review
moose bumper reviews
warn vs moose atv bumper king quad
yamaha grizzly bison bumper
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.