Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Which winch?

This is a discussion on Which winch? within the Grizzly Accessories forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; I never hear anyone mention Superwinch. I bought their top of the line 3500# winch with synthetic cable for $250. Doesn't even flinch sucked deep ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Accessories

Grizzly Accessories Discuss all other Grizzly accessories here.

GreenF350 is a glorious beacon of lightGreenF350 is a glorious beacon of lightGreenF350 is a glorious beacon of lightGreenF350 is a glorious beacon of lightGreenF350 is a glorious beacon of light

02-19-2012, 04:50 PM
I never hear anyone mention Superwinch. I bought their top of the line 3500# winch with synthetic cable for $250. Doesn't even flinch sucked deep into some nasty mud on a single line pull. Been submerged at least once on every ride and I've had it for about a year. Tough little unit. Aside from that....Viper has a great reputation and I considered that route too. Warns were just too expensive for my taste and I've seen a good number of them fail too. Time will tell on the Superwinch, but we know Vipers are pretty stout for a reasonable price from everyone on here.
-Aaron
Mad Mike Clutch Mods #2 and #3
White Secondary Spring
RDC Radiator Relocate
Performance ATV Snorkels
Full Ricochet Skids
GreenF350 is offlineReport Post

CamoGrizz47 will become famous soon enoughCamoGrizz47 will become famous soon enough
02-19-2012, 05:48 PM
I have the harbor freight 3000 winch (badlands winch). I have had it for over a year now with no problems what so ever. Go to the Harbor Freight website and click on the 3,000lb winch, then scroll down and click on the product manual tab. Read the Winch Specifications Chart (pg.4) it will tell you everything about it.

The 3,000lb winch turns out to be one of the better winches (in my opinion) compared to the 2,500lb and 5,000lb. The 3,000lb winch can take immersion up to 3' compared to the 2,500lb that is only resistant to "water jets" and the 5,000lb which is only resistant to "powerful water jets".

In the end, Its your money. Pick which winch fits you best.

Bad Lands 3000 Winch
1.5" Wheel Spacers
Rear Rack Pack
Optronics driving lights
Billet Shift Knob
Homemade 2" exhaust tip
26" Kenda Executioners
Angel eyes
3" Lift
CamoGrizz47 is offlineReport Post

lsgaf is on a distinguished road

02-19-2012, 07:39 PM
I have had a RT3000 Warn for over 4 years and it had gotten me out of some bad spots. They are expensive, but worth every penny.
lsgaf is offlineReport Post

GreenF350 is a glorious beacon of lightGreenF350 is a glorious beacon of lightGreenF350 is a glorious beacon of lightGreenF350 is a glorious beacon of lightGreenF350 is a glorious beacon of light

02-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davgil View Post
I have a Superwinch Terra 35, about $220. Its been bulletproof so far. Its built like a tank. Be sure to get the KFI mount because some others won't work on the grizz, due to the winches big size. This series is totally different than the older Superwinchs, It's heavy duty. It's got a kinda weird circut breaker, but I wrapped it in some rubber electrical cover and electrical tape. I'm glad it has it now.
Not sure how I missed this post. Same winch I have and it seems to be a B.A. Plenty of pull power when I need it. I mounted my contactor "under the hood" and ran the wires down the frame. I must have got lucky because I was looking at a Viper and a KFI mount plate and I am pretty sure I went with the KFI. It's tight (as in I can't turn the freespool "knob" all the way) but I rarely pull THAT much rope out that I can't just power it out. Kind of wished that worked, but I love the reliability. That thing has spent 5 minutes + underwater at a time and it hasn't missed a beat. Hopefully it keeps up at the rate it has been going.
-Aaron
White Secondary Spring
RDC Radiator Relocate
Performance ATV Snorkels
Full Ricochet Skids

woodsman has a brilliant futurewoodsman has a brilliant futurewoodsman has a brilliant futurewoodsman has a brilliant futurewoodsman has a brilliant futurewoodsman has a brilliant futurewoodsman has a brilliant futurewoodsman has a brilliant futurewoodsman has a brilliant futurewoodsman has a brilliant futurewoodsman has a brilliant future

02-20-2012, 12:49 AM
[QUOTE=GreenF350;287342]I never hear anyone mention Superwinch. I bought their top of the line 3500# winch with synthetic cable for $250.

I have the 3000lb superwinch that the dealer installed when I bought my griz. I was leary about getting it but I got a steal of a deal...at least by standards this side of the border. I still think they made a pricing mistake but not my problem. It was just too good an offer to refuse. I have only used it twice. Once to pull out my friend who bought my 05 Kawi 650 Brute. It pulled me with no problem right to where that brute was stuck. Seems he was way heavier than me plus the knucklehead had his atv in gear. The second time was to pull a log out of the way. It seems like a pretty good unit but if it does go, I am getting the viper 3000 or 3500 with synthetic.
Ricochet black anodized full skid / floor plates
Kolpin transport 5.0 gun boot
Kolpin Rhino single gun grips
woodsman is offlineReport Post

02-20-2012, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
I have the 3000lb superwinch that the dealer installed when I bought my griz. I was leary about getting it but I got a steal of a deal...at least by standards this side of the border. I still think they made a pricing mistake but not my problem. It was just too good an offer to refuse. I have only used it twice. Once to pull out my friend who bought my 05 Kawi 650 Brute. It pulled me with no problem right to where that brute was stuck. Seems he was way heavier than me plus the knucklehead had his atv in gear. The second time was to pull a log out of the way. It seems like a pretty good unit but if it does go, I am getting the viper 3000 or 3500 with synthetic.
My plans exactly...If it craps out....Viper Elite, here I come.
White Secondary Spring
RDC Radiator Relocate
Performance ATV Snorkels
Full Ricochet Skids

day86 will become famous soon enoughday86 will become famous soon enough

02-23-2012, 05:24 PM
There is a Super Wintch TERRA 3500 on amazon for 180$ and 240$ with synthetic rope

miassmaro98 is on a distinguished road

02-24-2012, 08:49 PM
who run's a mile marker?
K&N Filter
Dyno Jet Kit
miassmaro98 is offlineReport Post

marceau818 has much to be proud ofmarceau818 has much to be proud ofmarceau818 has much to be proud ofmarceau818 has much to be proud ofmarceau818 has much to be proud ofmarceau818 has much to be proud ofmarceau818 has much to be proud ofmarceau818 has much to be proud ofmarceau818 has much to be proud ofmarceau818 has much to be proud of

02-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Just curious... What are you guys calling a blown winch?
The reason I'm asking is because a lot of guys say that when they'll break their winch they'll change the whole winch for an other brand... Do you open them to see what wrong inside? I just broke my XT25 couple weeks ago... I tear it appart and a 25-30$ gear was destroy... I sent an e-mail to warn and that gear gonna be at my door in a couple days for free... Instead of 300 for a new winch...

These winches regardless the brand, need to be serviced. I tear both of mine once a year just to make sure everything is fine inside and to clean and re grease them. THAT is what gonna make them last.

IMO, Warn winch worth it. However, don't buy them at the first dealer you cross. If you do a little research you can find a warn winch at fair cost. And their customer service is awesome!

Viper winch don't seem to be that bad but their controls and acessories seem to be more "made in china"
YACC Member #21
SGCR #15
2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI EPS
27'' Mudzilla for Mud
Commander Wide Track for Snow
R.D.C. Custom Rad Relocate
2" Home Made Lift
Warn XT25 Front Winch
Warn 4000MT Rear Winch
Rigid Industries 20" Lightbar
1 Gorilla Axle's
Reverse / Diff Lock Rev Override Mod
2MM Shim Mod
Reciver Hitch
Passenger Seat / Cargo Box
Custom LED Back up/Work Light
Garmin ETrex with Support
Hand/Thumb Warmer

Last edited by marceau818; 02-24-2012 at 09:28 PM..
marceau818 is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Accessories

Search tags for this page

badland 5000 lb winch review

badland winch vs superwinch

badlands vs venom winch

superwinch or badlands

superwinch vs badland

superwinch vs badlands

superwinch vs venom

superwinch vs viper

superwinch vs. badlands winch

venom 3500 hd winch reviews
venom vs harbor freight winch

viper 3000 ultra winch

viper or badlands winch

viper or superwinch
viper vs superwinch
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.