Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

winch contactor

This is a discussion on winch contactor within the Grizzly Accessories forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; I was rewiring some things yesterday, and when I started to retighten the connectors on the contactor one of the studs broke. I called Warn ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Accessories

Grizzly Accessories Discuss all other Grizzly accessories here.

Niskibum is a jewel in the roughNiskibum is a jewel in the roughNiskibum is a jewel in the rough
03-16-2009, 12:04 PM
I was rewiring some things yesterday, and when I started to retighten the connectors on the contactor one of the studs broke. I called Warn and, even though the winch is less than a year old, they say it isn't a warranty issue because it was more than likely over torqued. I asked if I could get parts to repair it, since a new one is around $80, but was told no, the company that Warn get them from doesn't sell parts. He said I could send it in and they could tell if it was from being over torqued, but I'd rather just fix it myself. Not very happy with Warn right now, since there was no way I could over torque it with an open end wrench in the space that I had, let alone get a torque wrench in that spot.

So, does anyone here have a bad contactor they would be willing to part out? It is from a xt3000, and all I need is the blue stud or the top cap off of the contactor the the studs are in. Thanks
Niskibum is offlineReport Post
I Mucked up AGAIN?!?!

~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute

03-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Good Ol' WARN. THat is why I left them....this kind of "help" they offer....

I would call again and ask for a manager. Buying a $600 winch, being less than a year old, you should have SOME kind of assistance from them more than just, "send it in".
GC/OG GROC MEMBER #2

~Muckboy is offlineReport Post

Mudslinger08 is on a distinguished road

03-16-2009, 04:27 PM
I did the same thing when I was installing my winch for the first time. Putting the wires on and the damn stud broke. The next day I called up Warn and told them that I had a torque wrench on it and I wasnt quite to their spec when it broke. They sent out a whole new contactor free of charge. Try calling them back up and trying the same thing telling them that you had a torque wrench on it and it broke. Hope this helps
Mudslinger08 is offlineReport Post

ktmwoodsman will become famous soon enoughktmwoodsman will become famous soon enough

03-17-2009, 11:25 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Niskibum @ March 16, 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
I was rewiring some things yesterday, and when I started to retighten the connectors on the contactor one of the studs broke. I called Warn and, even though the winch is less than a year old, they say it isn't a warranty issue because it was more than likely over torqued. I asked if I could get parts to repair it, since a new one is around $80, but was told no, the company that Warn get them from doesn't sell parts. He said I could send it in and they could tell if it was from being over torqued, but I'd rather just fix it myself. Not very happy with Warn right now, since there was no way I could over torque it with an open end wrench in the space that I had, let alone get a torque wrench in that spot.

So, does anyone here have a bad contactor they would be willing to part out? It is from a xt3000, and all I need is the blue stud or the top cap off of the contactor the the studs are in. Thanks[/b]
I have a complete contactor from a Warn 2500 that is several years old but was fine when removed.I dont know if it is the same or not? Have any pics of the contactor.
ktmwoodsman is offlineReport Post

Niskibum is a jewel in the roughNiskibum is a jewel in the roughNiskibum is a jewel in the rough
03-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Thanks for checking ktmwoodsman, this is the newer model, and I'd like to stick to it if I can. I think the newer ones are a little better design for being waterproof, and this one is going down behind the winch where it will be exposed to water a lot.
Niskibum is offlineReport Post

CThusky08 is on a distinguished road
03-19-2009, 03:55 PM
when i first got my winch 2 years ago i was so anxious to get it on i over torqued one of the studs. i called warn and they shipped one out to me right away no questions asked, however they said it was a one time deal, so i couldnt complain since it was completely my fault and they were sending me a new contactor for free. now, about 2 months ago i was getting ready to trade my rincon in for my grizz and i was disassembling my xt25 and i wanted to make sure everything was still working. i hadnt used my winch in a couple months before this and right when i tried to spool it out with the switch the contactor shortened out on me. i called up warn and let them know what happened and 3 days later i had a new contactor at my doorstep...for free...again. warn makes a great product and their customer service is uncomparable which is why im sticking with them for winches and other accesories i may need. JMO
Jet-Offroad 8000K HID
Ricochet Skidplates Black
450 Clutch Weight Swap
Warn XT25
CThusky08 is offlineReport Post
yamacliner rider

scooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond reputescooter has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Glad to hear that someone on here had good luck with Warn.

4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold

03-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Look up Warn dealers in your area, I believe you can do it from Warn's web site. I have had them replace 2 contactors because the coil wires break. The new contactors for the RT series use a thicker coil wire. They say it is waterproof, I compared them to the older ones and could not see any difference. Good luck.
4welynn is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Accessories

Search tags for this page
atv winch contactor
atv winch contactor difference
contactor warn how to fix
how to fix warn winch contactor
how to repair a winch contactor
polaris winch contactor issue
stud in winch contactor
warn contactor studs
warn xt25 bad contactor
warn xt25 winch selinoid
winch contactor broke
winch contactor rebuild
winch contactors

yamaha winch contactor post broke

yamaha wrench contactor
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.