Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

700 grizzly rear bumper

7K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Kcpredator 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any pictures of a rear bumper on your 700? And what kind is it? Looking for pictures of the kimpex for the 700.

G
#3 ·
Has anyone mounted a rear bumper yet. Looking for pictures of how it is mounted. Yamaha didn't give us much back there to work with.

I've got the wifes front just about done and thinking about making one for the rear.

#10 ·
If you would like some measurments you may be able to make something close to the canadian one, I am not sure if e-bay has the bumpers, I bought mine from my local dealer, I also made a set of foot well guards, I posted the drawings in the past, See attached, I also bought a set of Yamaha A-arm guards, I plan to do drawings for the Items and I will be cutting out the patterns on Our waterjet to make them fit, I am looking for drawings for the front and rear bash plates and the center skid, What ever I can get for drawings will not be a problem to program and make them here at our shop.

If any one out their has any drawings for the items for the new 700 griz please send them to me so I can get them made, We will be able to work together and start shipping ciustom made parts or I can send drawings and whom ever can get them cut in your area.

Let me know what you think

Attachments

#11 ·
Hey Mark, I am just outside of Fredericton, I might be interested in some skid protection for my grizz. The Yamaha stuff is pretty pricey. Let me know how it turns out and the prices for the protection and I can probably get you some bussiness. I have a couple of friends with this bike right now also.

#12 ·
Maritimar:

I am from Miramichi (Napan)

I am in the process of designing the front bash plate tonight for my bike this will be the first one and if it works out it will be cheaper then Yamaha ones.

I bought the A-arm guards from Yamaha and we are going to design them here for the 700 griz, I payed $300 for Yamaha and when we finish them we will sell them for $200 depending on how many orders we get.

When we are finished we will have the 700 Grizzly complet skids and we now have the 650 and 750 brute completed with a bumper for the brute.

The more orders you can get it will be a better price and we will be able to get them completed faster, when we cut them out on the waterjet we like to cut full sheets not single parts, Let me know what you will be interested in and what your buddys would want, also let others know that we have the 650 and 750 brute force completed including a front bumper.

When we get the orders we will arrange the pick up or delivery for the items, I will keep you posted on our progress.

See attached for the foot well drawings for the skids I made, I installed them on my bike and they work very well.

See attachment for the full skids, ourd will look similar, we use checker plate or plan alum, you can pick what you would like.

Mark

Attachments

#13 ·
I find the Yam A arm protection doesnt protect the CV boots at all...

Tha original plastic is for the eye only, dont you think ? All it does is hold the mud and the snow...

Up to now, only Ricochet protects the boots.

I bought the Yam kevlar boot covers and plan to install on front only, havent received them yet, bought off EBay for $54CDN ship incl. for set of 4.

#14 ·
Guru:

I am in the process of redesigning, We will make them protect better, I find with the yamaha one do hold the mud and snow but the do protect better then the plastics, I will keep all posted on our progress, For you guys in the U S I am not sure what the shipping will be on items we design, I know you will not get a better price on items we design and cut out, but the shipping is another issue.

Mark

#15 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Guru @ Apr 17 2007, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I find the Yam A arm protection doesnt protect the CV boots at all...

Tha original plastic is for the eye only, dont you think ? All it does is hold the mud and the snow...

Up to now, only Ricochet protects the boots.

I bought the Yam kevlar boot covers and plan to install on front only, havent received them yet, bought off EBay for $54CDN ship incl. for set of 4.[/b]

I second that my friend... Ricochet is the only way to go for the a-arm guards.. I bought the yami skids and the richochet guards...

#17 ·
Me too. Let me know price and I will let you know how many orders I can get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.