Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

New frame help?

This is a discussion on New frame help? within the Grizzly Chassis & Body forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; So it's been a while sense my last post. Back in September I totaled my 11 450's frame and haven't gotten around to replacing it. ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Chassis & Body

Grizzly Chassis & Body Discuss Grizzly chassis and body modifications here.

drifting09 is on a distinguished road
03-26-2013, 12:49 AM
New frame help?

So it's been a while sense my last post. Back in September I totaled my 11 450's frame and haven't gotten around to replacing it. I just swapped the frame out for a new one. I can't seem to find the right answer for my scenario. How do I get the same vin on the new frame. My dilemma is I'm still financing my grizzly and don't know what to do. I want to do everything the legal way to prevent impounding or what not. I live in Jersey.
Attached Thumbnails
New frame help?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364273376.096793.jpg  

2007 Nissan Titan 4X4
drifting09 is offlineReport Post

ktaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond repute

03-26-2013, 12:54 PM
I can only give you a guess. I'm from Canada as well so I'm sure things are different.

I would say that if you are replacing the frame and want to do things legally that you would have to get re-registered as a salvaged title. I don't think it would have any impact on your financing as really all they care about is getting the money.

It may however affect your warranty if you have one, increase your insurance rates, and drop the resale value.

I can't tell you what to do, but I wouldn't bother with any of it. I'd change the frame and keep everything the way it was. Is the serial number even stamped into the frame on our machines? I thought it was just a sticker. If it is you could just swap stickers, even though that's not really legal either.

This information may not be correct. I am mainly going off of how it works if you total a automobile in my province. I would assume an atv would be the same but you never know.

GREEN

UNI air filter
Race-Driven brake pads
Superwinch Terra 35 with 50' Amsteel
26x9x12 and 26x11x12 Interco Reptiles
Quadrax rear seat
Kimpex rear pegs
Kolpin 4 gal fuel pack
Yamaha factory fairing
Koso heated grips and thumb warmer
ktaco is offlineReport Post

keeter has a reputation beyond reputekeeter has a reputation beyond reputekeeter has a reputation beyond reputekeeter has a reputation beyond reputekeeter has a reputation beyond reputekeeter has a reputation beyond reputekeeter has a reputation beyond reputekeeter has a reputation beyond reputekeeter has a reputation beyond reputekeeter has a reputation beyond reputekeeter has a reputation beyond repute

03-26-2013, 09:31 PM
you could stamp the numbers on your new frame but be sure and keep the old frame somewhere so you can prove you replaced it!
keeter is offlineReport Post
CRASH STUNT MEMBER

Thanked 1,717 Times in 1,186 Posts
desertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond repute

03-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Wrong wrong wrong
You will need to cut the serial number off the old frame and have it welded over the new frame numbers.
This is the way frames are switched, I had it done myself when I had to replace my 08 frame for a 12 frame.
Your Grizzly will maintain it's original serial number.
OG/GROC Member #1
Thought of joining the Original Grizzly Roll Over Club? (OG/ GROC)
PM me and I'll tell you whats required to join.
All Grizzly's welcome!
desertdweller is offlineReport Post

drifting09 is on a distinguished road
03-28-2013, 07:48 PM
New frame help?

I ended up cutting the vin off the old one and im going to make a vin tag an weld it on. Hopefully that does the trick

2007 Nissan Titan 4X4
drifting09 is offlineReport Post
CRASH STUNT MEMBER

Thanked 1,717 Times in 1,186 Posts
desertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond repute

03-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifting09 View Post
I ended up cutting the vin off the old one and im going to make a vin tag an weld it on. Hopefully that does the trick
That is the right way, you will retain your original VIN Serial number only the frame will be different.
OG/GROC Member #1
Thought of joining the Original Grizzly Roll Over Club? (OG/ GROC)
PM me and I'll tell you whats required to join.
All Grizzly's welcome!
desertdweller is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Chassis & Body

Search tags for this page

grizzly frame new title

grizzly frame replacment

need a 2011 grizzly titeled frame

replacing frame grizzly 700

yamaha grizzly 700 new freme

yamaha gryzli new frema

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.