Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Added a rear bumper and a front bumper mod.

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  screg 
#1 ·
So I had my Bison rear bumper from my old 650BF lying around and decided to try to make it fit the Grizz.It went pretty well I think. I had to shorten the mounting brackets a little but it fits good. I also added a piece of steel to the front bumper to reinforce the center pipe above the winch. I have seen that piece get bent when getting pulled out or in my case I wanted to make sure it was Strong enough to hook my snatch block to it. Here are a few Pictures.

See less See more
#6 ·
I did not weld it. I wanted to be able to remove it so I used some u bolts to go around the bar and through the steel. If you look close at the 4th picture I posted you can see the end of the u bolt sticking out from behind the plastic cover. I will try to get a picture but it is hard to get the camera in there to get a good shot of it. I also cut the ends of the steel so it would fit inside where the 3 pieces if the bumper are welded together for a little more strength.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.