Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

PICS INSIDE:Overfenders,rock sliders, stainless foot pegs, amsteel winch, rear bumper, rear box

6K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Jstowell2008 
#1 ·
Just a few pics of some of the new accessories i added to the 700 Grizz this weekend. Sorry for all the water on the bike just washed it after a day in the mud...BTW the overfenders are the first of anywhere ive seen on a 700 in this style. They protect all the way down to the floorboards and ext out about 3 inches all the way around. They are made by Moose Utilities and they were 119$. Stayed mud free for the most part yesterday. The winch is a 3500 venom that came off my rhino.

Hard to tell but, i installed the rear snatch bracket that mounts to the trailer ball location. Very nice large d-hook for pulling or a tie down spot. It came from Cabellas

Also notice the shackle and bracket on the front bumper. It has a rubber bushing to prevent it from vibrating. Im gonna put some reinforcement behind it but it would be perfect for getting yourself out of a jam using a snatch block and looping your winch hook on the shackle..It came from cabelas also..got the rear snatch bracket and the front shackle and mount for 35$..

Other mods not seen are the european pod mod, Dynarek CDI, and the coolest of all TRUE HID headlights. These are so awesome that everyone last night turned there lights off and let me ride the rear. The light output is incredible. We parked my grizz beside a 2007 Nissan Maxima with HID's and the output was about the same and so was the blue color. The maxima had a wider beam pattern due to the reflectors inside the head light assembly. I had more of a straight beam which is awesome for an atv. I may try to find a set of trail lights to mount on the new highlifter front bumber i have comming for even more light. They only draw 35 watts. Other groups of atvs we met on the roads last night were speechless at all the light these put out.

See less See more
#3 ·
The overfenders attach with 5 bolts on the front and 6 bolts on the rear. Very easy to install. You simply remove the OEM stainless allen head bolts on each of the rear and front fenders where the black floor board plastics attach and use these stock bolts to get the moose overfenders aligned properly.Then you just take a drill and 1/4" bit and drill through the hole in the overfender and through the yamaha fender from inside the tire wells. Took me 20 minutes to mount all 4. Love the protection

#4 ·
Love the mods. Looks good. After riding the quad at my Dad's farm Saturday I found myself covered in cow crap. Mud/water isn't so bad, but cow crap? Yeah...those fenders look pretty good right now.

A word of caution, that front snatch block on the stock bumper, maybe not a good idea. The front bumps on these machines are almost cosmetic, they don't offer up much strength at all. I just don't want to see you hook to something and end up with a bent bumper.

#8 ·
Good looking bike !!

I will warn you that the shackle in the front is attached to a hollow bar that bends real easy !!! I would not use that as an anchor point to winch with.

#9 ·
yeah i figured the front bar wouldnt be sufficient enough for pulling...im gonna try to reinforce it if possible...the hids came from ebay for 80$ shipped with the slim ballest, the rear box is made by moose utilities..came from dennis kirk around 100$...very nice low profile box that holds everytrhing i need..it may be for sale soon, since i just got the wes deluxe lounger seat and the kimpex footpegs so the wife can ride along...or i may end up keeping it and putting it on the front rack since its pretty small...

#13 ·
So you just put HIDs into the stock light housings? (Not saying there is anything wrong with that)

DDM Tuning has what I've seen to be the best prices around on HID kits, you can get 55w slim ballast units for like $40 shipped! I've heard negative talk about them, I had them in my old truck, along with quite a few people I know personally w/o any issues. So, who knows.

#14 · (Edited)
Those are the same style i was looking at for overfenders, Kolpin and Quadboss make the same looking ones cept for 160 bucks, could you send me a pm with where you got them and how are they holding up so far. I love that style way more than the yamaha oem ones.

edit, just noticed this was an old thread

#18 · (Edited)
Hey tx, i just bought mine from amazon for 157 and change, make sure you click the 3 new from, under the main price. They are made by Kolpin and stocked by amazon, I should hopefully get mine in time for next weekend, and ill test them out and get some pics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.