Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Bleeding brakes

This is a discussion on Bleeding brakes within the Grizzly Chassis & Body forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; I had to change my left rear calipier so my system had to be bleed.First I tried pump,pump,pump then open/close bleeder no dice very soft ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Chassis & Body

Grizzly Chassis & Body Discuss Grizzly chassis and body modifications here.

Transam355 is just really niceTransam355 is just really niceTransam355 is just really niceTransam355 is just really niceTransam355 is just really nice

08-17-2008, 06:18 PM
I had to change my left rear calipier so my system had to be bleed.First I tried pump,pump,pump then open/close bleeder no dice very soft feel.Next I clamped off the calipiers and pump,pump,pump then open/close bleeder no dice still very soft.Next I tried standing the bike on the rear bumper and gravity bleed better about 65% firm but not perfect (WHAT A PAIN IN THE *SS to BLEED).Called a friend who races amatuer motocross and does his own repairs and up keep to his bikes for advice.He advised me to drain the system completely and open both bleeder screws and push brake fluid through the system with a syringe and some clear hose on nipple of the bleeder screw.This took about 15 minutes and the brakes are perfect.I should have called him first and save myself about 6.5 hours of torture trying to bleed the "normal" way.I thought I would share this to hopefully save someone else from wasting time.
Transam355 is offlineReport Post

Trailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to behold
08-18-2008, 10:59 AM
so you just put the syringe in the hole of the rez?

my on going grizzly custom parts project

http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/...home-brew.html
Trailhunter is offlineReport Post
Wanting warm weather!!

maxthis has a spectacular aura aboutmaxthis has a spectacular aura aboutmaxthis has a spectacular aura about

08-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Were you pumping it and holding the break in when you were cracking the bleeder? I've never had a problem doing it that way!
maxthis is offlineReport Post

Transam355 is just really niceTransam355 is just really niceTransam355 is just really niceTransam355 is just really niceTransam355 is just really nice

08-18-2008, 05:19 PM
No I put the clear rubber hose directly on the open bleeder screw of the capilier fill the hose and syringe with brake fluid and gently push in the syringe.You will first fill the capilier then the line and last the master cylinder.If you have a small syringe make sure when brake fluid getting low in the syringe to CLOSE the bleeder so no air gets in the system.Refill the syringe OPEN bleeder and continue pushing brake fluid through the system.This method is painless no pumping or nothing as soon as the master start to fill with fluid close the bleeder and put the cap plate on your master and your done!!
Transam355 is offlineReport Post

Gurtie is on a distinguished road

09-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Unhappy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Transam355 @ August 18, 2008, 6:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
No I put the clear rubber hose directly on the open bleeder screw of the capilier fill the hose and syringe with brake fluid and gently push in the syringe.You will first fill the capilier then the line and last the master cylinder.If you have a small syringe make sure when brake fluid getting low in the syringe to CLOSE the bleeder so no air gets in the system.Refill the syringe OPEN bleeder and continue pushing brake fluid through the system.This method is painless no pumping or nothing as soon as the master start to fill with fluid close the bleeder and put the cap plate on your master and your done!![/b]

Do you open both bleeder valves and fill from one side? Can you fill both calipers for one side?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Chassis & Body

Search tags for this page
bleeding rear brakes on 2003 yamaha grizley
do you have to bleed drum brakes on 2003 yamaha kodiak
grizzly brake bleeding
hoe to bleed a 2003 yamaha 450 atv rear brakes
hoe to bleed a 2003 yamaha 450 atv rear brakes#gsc.tab
how to bleed brakes on a grizzley
how to bleed brakes on a grizzly
how to bleed brakes on a yamaha kodiak

how to bleed brakes on yamaha grizzly

how to bleed brakes on yamaha kodiak
how to bleed rear brakes on 2007 yamaha 450 grizzly
how to bleed rear breaks yamaha grizzley 700
i put brakes on my 2004 660 grizzly now i have no brakes
where is the bleeder screw on grizzly 660
yamaha xt 600 how to bleed front brakes
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.