Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Extreme Magna Power Battery..?

This is a discussion on Extreme Magna Power Battery..? within the Grizzly Electrical & Lighting forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; I need a battery and this Extreme Magna Power battery is available at my local auto parts store for $91.00 .. It's the same size ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Electrical & Lighting

Grizzly Electrical & Lighting Discuss Grizzly electrical and lighting modifications here.

xdriver is on a distinguished road
12-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Extreme Magna Power Battery..?

I need a battery and this Extreme Magna Power battery is available at my local auto parts store for $91.00..

It's the same size battery but I can't find any info. on it other then that it has 270 cca and a leak proof case..

They have that awesome Odyssey ($130.00) battery I can get and I do understand there's some work to install it..

Does anybody have info. on these Batteries..?

Are they junk..?

Do you own one..? How do you like it..?

Should I go threw the extra work and buy the Odyssey..?

What would you do..?
xdriver is offlineReport Post
Banned

jteahan3165 is infamous around these partsjteahan3165 is infamous around these partsjteahan3165 is infamous around these partsjteahan3165 is infamous around these partsjteahan3165 is infamous around these partsjteahan3165 is infamous around these partsjteahan3165 is infamous around these partsjteahan3165 is infamous around these parts
12-19-2009, 05:44 PM
I got my Gel Cell battery at Wally world for about $70.00
It has not let me down yet.

You should go with a gell battery - just in case you filp, roll over or just ride hard - you don;t want the case to crack and leak acid all over the bike.

JMO - Good luck!
jteahan3165 is offlineReport Post
The Following User Says Thank You to jteahan3165 For This Useful Post:
xdriver (12-20-2009)
CRASH STUNT MEMBER

Thanked 1,709 Times in 1,181 Posts
desertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond repute

12-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jteahan3165 View Post
I got my Gel Cell battery at Wally world for about $70.00
It has not let me down yet.

You should go with a gell battery - just in case you filp, roll over or just ride hard - you don;t eant the case to crack and leak acid all over the bike.

JMO - Good luck!
Worthy of some major consideration before buying a battery!
Thanks Jack
OG/GROC Member #1
Thought of joining the Original Grizzly Roll Over Club? (OG/ GROC)
PM me and I'll tell you whats required to join.
All Grizzly's welcome!
desertdweller is offlineReport Post

threefortyduster is just really nicethreefortyduster is just really nicethreefortyduster is just really nicethreefortyduster is just really nice

12-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Magna Power should be from Advance Auto Parts, correct?

The batteries are fine, they are made by Johnson Controls and are of high quality.
threefortyduster is offlineReport Post
The Following User Says Thank You to threefortyduster For This Useful Post:
xdriver (12-20-2009)

12-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threefortyduster View Post
Magna Power should be from Advance Auto Parts, correct?

The batteries are fine, they are made by Johnson Controls and are of high quality.
Yes, Advance Auto has this batt.. It only has 17.5 ah, 270 cca, and my stock one thats not taking a full charge is cranking 351 cca.

I think I'll go with the Odyssey or the Deka battery depending on the price..
Ago

Ago is on a distinguished road

12-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfer View Post
You really ought to consider the Deka battery. You probably could of ordered one and had shipped to you by now.

I found this over on Highlifter. User name is JJDu4.
" Get a Deka Power Sport battery.......their AGM and comparable to the odyssey but their not as expensive. Deka designed and supplies the OEM AGM batteries for Harley Davidson. They also took the design and put it in the standard Motorcycle and 4-wheeler battery line. You can get one for under $100. My family has been in the battery business for almost 30 yrs and this is our best selling motorcycle battery. If anyone on the forum is interested in one I can ship them since their sealed and if you send me a pm letting me know your a forum member I'll give you dealer pricing on them. The Grizzly 700 takes a ETX20L and I can ship one for $69.90."

This sounds like a good deal for the op looking for a battery
Ago is offlineReport Post
I Mucked up AGAIN?!?!

~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute

12-20-2009, 07:19 PM
I bought the Battery Tender Jr for $31. I have the OEM battery in my 2008 Grizz and she cranks great. The Battery Tender will double the life of your battery...
GC/OG GROC MEMBER #2

~Muckboy is offlineReport Post
The Following User Says Thank You to ~Muckboy For This Useful Post:
xdriver (12-20-2009)

12-21-2009, 05:27 AM
I went ahead an ordered the Odyssey PC545MJ for my Grizz cause I do a lot of cold winter work at night using my winch plow lift, plow lights, salt speader, and other led flashing lights..

I was lucky to get almost 5 years out of the stock one using a battery tender..

My wife has a 05 Suki Eiger 400 4x4 and It's just a cruizer.. When her battery goes I'll take jfer on that offer if its stands then..

Thank everyone for ur help...!

cdogg44 is on a distinguished road
12-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Not to hijack this thread, but I have a question for you guys running a Battery Tender on your Grizz.

I have a 2004 660 Grizzly that I just replaced the battery in. I bought a Batter Tender Jr. and went to hook it up tonight, but never got satisfied with how it worked.

The directions stated that I should hook the positive lead to the battery, but the negative lead to the frame or engine block. What's wrong with just hooking it to the negative battery terminal? The positive terminal is small, covered, and hard to get to, but I made it work. What are you guys doing for the ground? The only frame visible under the seat is painted and I really don't want to scratch it off to hook up an alligator clip.

Thanks
cdogg44 is offlineReport Post

cdogg44 is on a distinguished road
12-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfer View Post
First off welcome to GC, the Brotherhood of all things Grizzly.

My Schumacher 1.5A Automatic Battery Companion came with a quick disconnect plug, I just hooked the red (+) lead to the (+) on the battery, and the black (-) lead to the (-) on the battery. It is on the permanet, and have had no issues with it. My GL1500 Goldwing is the same way.

So go ahead and hook the neg straight to the battery. Now enjoy your stay here, and all that is Grizzly.
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Why do you think the Battery Tender people want you to ground it to the frame? Just seems like a hassle to me.

I figured having it on the battery terminals wouldn't be a big deal (cause it's really the same thing), but figured I'd ask.
cdogg44 is offlineReport Post

threefortyduster is just really nicethreefortyduster is just really nicethreefortyduster is just really nicethreefortyduster is just really nice

12-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdogg44 View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Why do you think the Battery Tender people want you to ground it to the frame? Just seems like a hassle to me.

I figured having it on the battery terminals wouldn't be a big deal (cause it's really the same thing), but figured I'd ask.
The battery is grounded to the frame. That is why they want you to ground to the frame. It just eliminates any possibility of a bad ground if you are using the item that the entire electrical system is grounded to.
threefortyduster is offlineReport Post

Toxarch will become famous soon enoughToxarch will become famous soon enough

12-30-2009, 01:27 AM
If the battery is leaking gases, it releases hydrogen gas. A spark will ignite the gas. If a connection gets loose and sparks when the battery tender is switching on an off, then it could ignite the gases when nobody is around. Or at least that is what my guess would be. When you jump a car, you are supposed to connect to the frame for the same reason.
Toxarch is offlineReport Post

warj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to all
12-30-2009, 06:34 AM
I agree, liability of the small possiblilty of explosion from H2.

Jteahan3165:

I had a gel cell battery in one of my past cars - I always left the radio on while I worked outside in the summer.

I noticed the gel cell goes dead fast- How do I explain this correctly, the battery would last 2 hours with no charge then the radio would just pick up static. So that battery went down, I tried to start the truck and nothing!. Work fine then completely dead.

A lead acid battery will recover enough to start the vehicle, where the gel cell will not. (I think it was the optima battery from autozone).
warj1990 is offlineReport Post

Toxarch will become famous soon enoughToxarch will become famous soon enough

12-30-2009, 03:30 PM
I use the extreme magna power battery in my motorcycle. Got it from O-Reilley Auto Parts. Works fine but I am on my second one. I just let the bike sit over winter without a charger.
Toxarch is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Electrical & Lighting

Search tags for this page
et4l battery
etx20l grizzly
extreme magna power
extreme magna power batteries

extreme magna power battery

extreme magna power battery etx20l
extreme magna power battery reviews
extreme magna power sports battery
extreme magna power sports battery part #etx12
extreme manga powersports batteries etx9
grizzly atv battery etx 20
magna power battery 3-4422
magna power battery review
magna power et4l battery
who makes magna power batteries
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.