Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

EPS light came on!!!!

This is a discussion on EPS light came on!!!! within the Grizzly Electrical & Lighting forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; Hey guys. I was out riding my bike through some snow drifts on my lake yesterday in the bitter cold. I mean like 30 below ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Electrical & Lighting

Grizzly Electrical & Lighting Discuss Grizzly electrical and lighting modifications here.

hardrider is on a distinguished road

01-03-2010, 10:35 AM
EPS light came on!!!!

Hey guys. I was out riding my bike through some snow drifts on my lake yesterday in the bitter cold. I mean like 30 below cold. I just happend to look down and notice that my EPS light had come on. I have never seen this happen before and it was only on for maybe 30 seconds. Im not sure if it was psychological or if my power steering wasnt actually working. It came on again later that day and tis time stayed on for 2 minutes or so. Could this just simply be some snow and ice messing with my electrical or is my EPS unit shot. Let me know what you guys think.!
hardrider is offlineReport Post

Grizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond repute

01-03-2010, 10:57 AM
I believe theres a circuit breaker in the system, if the EPS gets hot it will shut off, but im not sure if the light would come on. I would look over the connections and make sure everything is tight, better yet disconnect each one and put some dielectric grease in the connections.
08' Grizzly 700 EPS: US Yamaha front brushguard, Full ricochet skids, 3.5" Rox risers, solex bars, odi grips, rox handguards, 27" Maxxis zillas, Tamarack Classic box, Viper 3k winch, 2r tip, 2r foot pegs and traction rails, 2r front receiver, uni filter, pod mod, hanger mod, greasless, Rigid D2s, Rigid 10" SR

2013 Can Am Renegade 1000 XXC

Lots o' mods
Grizzrider08 is online nowReport Post

grizlock will become famous soon enough

01-03-2010, 11:43 AM
water

One thing to consider, if there is water in the unit.If in the summer months you have been in deep water,it is possible the seal has been compromised and water has got in.At 30 below it will surly freeze up,causing the unit to fail.I have heard if some fellas getting water in there EPS unit.
ITP SS 106 RIMS 26" Maxxis Zillas.
Moose front bumper.Ricochet full skids.
Rear 2500 winch,custom made mount.
Garmen Legend
, RAM mount.
grizlock is offlineReport Post

Trailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to behold
01-03-2010, 11:46 AM
I was going to start a thread on this yesterday as well. I was working on my clutch ...........i had the belt cover off and i ran the bike for about 3 mins to check for clearence issues. I turned the bike off put the belt cover back on. Started it up to put it in the back of my truck and my steering felt heivy ....looked down an dthe light was on. Then when i drove in the truck it turned off. Friggin wierd

my on going grizzly custom parts project

http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/...home-brew.html
Trailhunter is offlineReport Post

jake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond repute
01-03-2010, 11:48 AM
never had the light come on when eps got hot but I could feel the steering get heavier
jake72 is online nowReport Post

jake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond repute
01-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardrider View Post
Hey guys. I was out riding my bike through some snow drifts on my lake yesterday in the bitter cold. I mean like 30 below cold. I just happend to look down and notice that my EPS light had come on. I have never seen this happen before and it was only on for maybe 30 seconds. Im not sure if it was psychological or if my power steering wasnt actually working. It came on again later that day and tis time stayed on for 2 minutes or so. Could this just simply be some snow and ice messing with my electrical or is my EPS unit shot. Let me know what you guys think.!
did you have a lot of snow up around all the connections and the eps motor

blum has a spectacular aura aboutblum has a spectacular aura aboutblum has a spectacular aura about
01-03-2010, 01:01 PM
I have had my light come on a couple of times and both times I was sitting still turning the tires on concrete. The steering went dead and all I did was start driving and turn the handle bars side to side and the light would go off. I have never had one come on in the snow yet. I just figured that the ECM was telling me I need to ride more.
blum is offlineReport Post

01-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Well thanks for all the input guys. Im crossing my fingers and hoping that it is just snow built up. Its so cold here right now even if i tried to melt the snow the water would instantly freeze lol. Is there any damage that can come from running it as it is or is it doing what its designed to do by turning off and on?

01-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Well thanks for all the input guys. Im crossing my fingers and hoping that it is just snow built up. Its so cold here right now even if i tried to melt the snow the water would instantly freeze lol. Is there any damage that can come from running it as it is or is it doing what its designed to do by turning off and on?
as long as there is no water inside seal unit where the plastic gear is your alright

01-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Well i just took her back out to the ice hut and its still blowing like bugger and cold as hell. No EPS light on that run so ill keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again guys.

Bill Nobles is a jewel in the roughBill Nobles is a jewel in the roughBill Nobles is a jewel in the rough

01-03-2010, 07:39 PM
ITS GONNA LOCK UP!!!!!!
Bill Nobles is offlineReport Post

01-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Really???? Care to elaborate please LOL. What can i do to avoid that.?

01-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Really???? Care to elaborate please LOL. What can i do to avoid that.?
change it over to manual lol

ganny76 will become famous soon enoughganny76 will become famous soon enough

01-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Probably a stupid question, but I guess the EPS doesn't work when you are not moving? When I am in a hole trying to manuever a way out and you are stopped trying to cut the wheels, I have to bear down on it just like mine without EPS. Do you have to be moving for it to work?

09 Rhino 450, 30' Zillas w/ 14' SS 212's, 3" Extreme Lift, Viper Elite 4500 Winch
ganny76 is offlineReport Post

Grizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond repute

01-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganny76 View Post
Probably a stupid question, but I guess the EPS doesn't work when you are not moving? When I am in a hole trying to manuever a way out and you are stopped trying to cut the wheels, I have to bear down on it just like mine without EPS. Do you have to be moving for it to work?
Yep, the EPS only works when your moving. Personally i think it should be going at all times, with alot of assist when sitting still.
08' Grizzly 700 EPS: US Yamaha front brushguard, Full ricochet skids, 3.5" Rox risers, solex bars, odi grips, rox handguards, 27" Maxxis zillas, Tamarack Classic box, Viper 3k winch, 2r tip, 2r foot pegs and traction rails, 2r front receiver, uni filter, pod mod, hanger mod, greasless, Rigid D2s, Rigid 10" SR

2013 Can Am Renegade 1000 XXC

Lots o' mods
Grizzrider08 is online nowReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Electrical & Lighting

Search tags for this page
2007 yamaha grizzly 700 eps light on
2008 yamaha grizzly 700 eps light on
2010 yamaha grizzly eps light is on
550 grizzly eps light on
eps light 700 grizzly
eps light on 700 grizzly

eps light on grizzly 700

eps light on yamaha grizzly

grizzly 700 eps light on

grizzly eps light
grizzly eps light on
what does the eps light mean on a grizzly 700
yamaha grizzly 700 eps light
yamaha grizzly 700 eps light on

yamaha grizzly eps light

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.