Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Battery keeps going DEAD.

15K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  riano14 
#1 ·
I was riding the other day and my lights started going dim, check engine light and eps lights both came on. As i'm loading onto the trailer it cut off and would not start back up. So I figured it was the battery and went and bought another one. Well I was washing it off today and let it run while I was doing so, and when i wentto get on it and pull it into the shed i noticed the engine and eps lights were both on again. So i pulled it into the shed and cut it off and it won't start. Threw code 46. Do ya'll think it could be my stator going out.

#2 ·
could be the stator

#3 ·
Yah It sounds like your battery is not getting charged and you just draining it. Good Luck and report back on your finding ok:icon_ goofy:

#5 ·
If the stator or other charging elements are not functioning properly, the battery will not charge, if the battery is not charged no electrical power for spark, lights or anything else...

#6 ·
Sounds like your stator. First charge your battery and then test the battery voltage without the machine running(between 12v & 13v). Then start the machine and check the voltage on the battery. It should be about about 1 volt higher than your earlier reading. Actually should read about 14v with the machine running....if not, then it sounds like you lost your stator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.