Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

help with wiring lights

This is a discussion on help with wiring lights within the Grizzly Electrical & Lighting forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; I am trying to figure out how to wire a fuse block and relay to run some aftermarket lights so they only come on when ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Electrical & Lighting

Grizzly Electrical & Lighting Discuss Grizzly electrical and lighting modifications here.

adamsmith007 will become famous soon enoughadamsmith007 will become famous soon enough

10-09-2010, 02:47 PM
help with wiring lights

I am trying to figure out how to wire a fuse block and relay to run some aftermarket lights so they only come on when the key is turned on. I was reading a thread where a guy showed how to do it, i just got lost trying to figure out where two wires go.

Off of the relay, where do i attach the green wire (#1)? And does my fuse block run off of #5 where it says accessories?

Not sure if this is needed, but i thought it might be useful to know i have a winch and to know how it is wired. Two wires come from the winch (yellow and blue) and go to some black box attached near the rear of my grizz above the rear tire which also have positive and negative coming from the battery. The winch switch also runs to this black box. My winch only comes on when the key is on.
[IMG][/IMG]

Hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help.
adamsmith007 is offlineReport Post

Helmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant future
10-09-2010, 03:27 PM
According to that diagram, #5 is the wire that will power your lights and #1 would hook to a keyed power source, such as the hot wire going to your accessory plug or any other keyed source you want to use.

That diagram doesn't show an on/off switch for the lights, so as soon as you turn the key on, the lights will come on. You will need to add an on/off switch if you want to be able to turn the lights off without turning the key off.

Last edited by Helmut; 10-09-2010 at 03:30 PM..
Helmut is offlineReport Post

adamsmith007 will become famous soon enoughadamsmith007 will become famous soon enough

10-09-2010, 03:42 PM
If im not mistaken, my on off switch will run from the fuse block. My question is what "hot" wire or "key on only" wire do i tap into, and where is it located?

Helmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant future
10-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
If im not mistaken, my on off switch will run from the fuse block.
Yes, you can do it that way, if you're adding a fuse block. I guess I didn't read close enough.

Quote:
My question is what "hot" wire or "key on only" wire do i tap into, and where is it located?
I would just splice into the hot wire going to the accessory plug on the fender. The wire you're running to the relay is just the trigger wire for the relay, so it won't pull any power to amount to anything. Just find the wires going to the plug, turn the key on and use a test light to find the hot wire. I believe it has a pink wire and a brown wire running to it. The pink wire is the hot wire and the brown wire is the ground wire.

Last edited by Helmut; 10-09-2010 at 04:06 PM..
Helmut is offlineReport Post

Hammer07 is a name known to allHammer07 is a name known to allHammer07 is a name known to allHammer07 is a name known to allHammer07 is a name known to allHammer07 is a name known to all

10-10-2010, 01:56 AM
sounds like Helmut has you fixed up.
Hammer07 is offlineReport Post

10-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Great! Thank you for your help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Electrical & Lighting

Search tags for this page
atv winch electrical diagram
how to install auxillry lights on a grizzly atv
how to wire a light on an atv with a relay
how to wire atv for light

how to wire atv lights

how to wire lights on a atv

how to wire lights on an atv

how to wire lights to an atv
how to wire up atv lights
wire atv led lights
wiring a electric boat winch with remote

wiring atv lights

wiring diagram on how to install led reverse lights on atv
wiring lights on atv

yamaha grizzly 550 wiring diagram

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.