Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Grizzly won't start, has power

This is a discussion on Grizzly won't start, has power within the Grizzly Electrical & Lighting forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; I have a 2003 Yamaha Grizzly 660. It has power. The lights turn on and work like nomral. the LCD panel works and turns on ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Electrical & Lighting

Grizzly Electrical & Lighting Discuss Grizzly electrical and lighting modifications here.

bowei006 is on a distinguished road
10-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Grizzly won't start, has power

I have a 2003 Yamaha Grizzly 660. It has power. The lights turn on and work like nomral. the LCD panel works and turns on just fine...Basicaly all the lights work. I have also just charged the battery too. But it won't start. Pressing the electric start button doesn't prouduce any sound at all. The grizzly ran fine the day we were ridinig it. we took it through some really deep water though and it was stil running. of course that has nothing to do with the starting system while it was running becasue...it was running. Now we are thinking if it could be a fuse. There is a red thick wire leading from the battery to this thing with a fuse in it. on one side there is a 30 amp(or something) fuse...there is a nother slot on the other side. Does a 30 amp(or something) fuse go there too? what other problems could it be?
bowei006 is offlineReport Post

Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,118 Posts
wayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2011, 04:22 PM
That's the starter relay you are talking about. It has 2 fuses. One for the relay and the other is a spare. You can switch that one fuse to the other side but I doubt that is your problem if it ran awhile ago. They don't just fall out.
Anyway you should first make sure your battery connections are all clean and all the connections on the starter relay. Then look down near your dipstick for a black ground cable that is bolted to the engine. Remove it and clean up the copper ends with a wire brush. You may have to remove the side panel to see it.
With the key on go to your starter relay and use a screwdriver or something and jump across the two posts. If the engine turns over and starts then your starter relay is shot. This is assuming you have a GOOD battery and have cleaned up all the connections I told you about.

Defender of the Yamaha Grizzly
wayupnorth is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Electrical & Lighting

Search tags for this page

2003 yamaha grizzly 660 wont start

2010 yamaha grizzly turns over slow

atv has power but wont start

get my grizzly 660 to start

grizzly 660 starter make lights dim

grizzly 660 starting problems

grizzly 660 wont start

grizzly starter turning but not moter
how to start yamaha grizzly 660
lights work but electric start has no piwer

yamaha grizzly 660 starting problems

yamaha grizzly 660 wont start

yamaha grizzly dosent start

yamaha grizzly wont turn over and all lights work

yamaha quad wont start

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.