Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Lock Diff Rev speed limiter

This is a discussion on Lock Diff Rev speed limiter within the Grizzly Electrical & Lighting forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; Has anyone done a permenant by pass for the speed limiter when in 4x4 Lock? Would it be the same as the 660?...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Electrical & Lighting

Grizzly Electrical & Lighting Discuss Grizzly electrical and lighting modifications here.

camoman is on a distinguished road
03-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Has anyone done a permenant by pass for the speed limiter when in 4x4 Lock? Would it be the same as the 660?
camoman is offlineReport Post

Hebs is a jewel in the roughHebs is a jewel in the roughHebs is a jewel in the roughHebs is a jewel in the rough

03-29-2007, 09:32 AM
The wiring is in a different location... I've been looking to do this as well. (cept I want the switch like I've always had) I pull everything off to give myself acess... but I think the wires might be a different color. Still waiting for someone to do it and post the instructions how... :)
Hebs is offlineReport Post

Taz700 is on a distinguished road
07-18-2007, 09:33 AM
First remove the cover on the front of the quad, there you will see all the wires

standing in front of the quad, there are a bunch of wires that come from the handlebar, down into the quad, it's a siz pin connecter. You want to jump the sea foam green wire, to the black wire. This will ground it out and allow full speed in 4x4 low. I believe I have a picture of it. Again it's the six pin tab in the center of the photo (not the two on the left) The wires you want on the connecter is the top left one (black with yellow dot) and the top center (Green with yellow dot) connect those together and your screen with change when in diff lock (like the older modles)

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa31/Ta...%20700/ed7a.jpg
Taz700 is offlineReport Post

tom9933 is on a distinguished road

07-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Ok so now the dumb question. Since it sounds like in both cases (the reverse and lock) mods we are grounding out a wire. Has anyone looked into what it would take for the override button to not only override the lockout limiter, but also the reverse limiter? In other words make this a dual use button? For the life of me I still donít understand why Yamaha didnít do it this way in the first placeÖ..
tom9933 is offlineReport Post

camogrizz51 is on a distinguished road
07-18-2007, 05:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tom9933 @ Jul 18 2007, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
Ok so now the dumb question. Since it sounds like in both cases (the reverse and lock) mods we are grounding out a wire. Has anyone looked into what it would take for the override button to not only override the lockout limiter, but also the reverse limiter? In other words make this a dual use button? For the life of me I still donít understand why Yamaha didnít do it this way in the first placeÖ..[/b]
i dont see why it wouldnt work.
camogrizz51 is offlineReport Post

doober is on a distinguished road

11-16-2007, 10:04 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Taz700 @ Jul 18 2007, 06:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
First remove the cover on the front of the quad, there you will see all the wires

standing in front of the quad, there are a bunch of wires that come from the handlebar, down into the quad, it's a siz pin connecter. You want to jump the sea foam green wire, to the black wire. This will ground it out and allow full speed in 4x4 low. I believe I have a picture of it. Again it's the six pin tab in the center of the photo (not the two on the left) The wires you want on the connecter is the top left one (black with yellow dot) and the top center (Green with yellow dot) connect those together and your screen with change when in diff lock (like the older modles)

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa31/Ta...%20700/ed7a.jpg[/b]

Hey, so what wires do you connect together?? Has anyone figured out how to get the override botton to work for both reverse and quadlock?
doober is offlineReport Post

bens700fi will become famous soon enough

11-16-2007, 01:37 PM
not so sure you could get it to work like you'd like using the override button... I've done the reverse override using a switch and found that it works great but you have to switch it on (ground the wire) before turning on the quad. It has no effect if the quad is already on when you flip the switch. Hope this helps.

Hebs is a jewel in the roughHebs is a jewel in the roughHebs is a jewel in the roughHebs is a jewel in the rough

11-16-2007, 03:04 PM
http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forums/index...?showtopic=1116
Hebs is offlineReport Post

Boets is on a distinguished road
11-17-2007, 01:49 AM
[quote name=

2008 Renegade 800 X
Boets is offlineReport Post

403Grizz is on a distinguished road

02-10-2008, 02:51 AM
hey guys just want to double check (for reverse override)!!! The green wire with white stripe coming off of tranny is a single black upside down L plug (black). When looking at bike from right side when sitting on it, if rear v-belt 45 hose is removed it is eay to see. Then connect green with stripe to switch, from other side of switch connect to - battery terminal. I just want to make sure, I just want too do it right the first time.
07 700 Grizz, ITP type 5 Chrome rims, Zilla's 28's HMF Utility, snorkeled, UNI air filter, power madd hand guards, moose hand & thumb warmers, Ricochet skids, Dynatek FS, Warn 2500. Innovative O2 with gauge
403Grizz is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Electrical & Lighting

Search tags for this page
07-12 grizzly rev limt on diff lock

660 yamaha 4x4 speed limiter in4x4

700 grizzly diff lock speed limiter

700 grizzly rev limit locked diff?

atv speed limiter

disconnect rev limiter yamaha grizzly
grizzly 550 diff lock rev limiter
grizzly 660 diff lock limiter
grizzly 660 diff lock rev limiter by pass
grizzly 700 max speed with dif lock
motobishe 700 differential lock rev limiter

rev limiter yamaha grizzly 700

speed limiter on atv
yamaha grizzly diff lock limiter
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.