Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Rigid led lightbar placement.

8K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  jake72 
#1 ·
So I am trying not to lose the utility of the front rack with this install. At the same time I don't wan the led leading the charge so to speak should I bump something. The best location I have found is pictured below but I am a little concerned about it being in front of the vent. Thoughts?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I have the SR 10" and works great in that spot

Reactions: matttaylor77
#5 ·
I too have a SR 10" in that same location with no issues in 11,000 miles .

Reactions: matttaylor77
#7 ·
I think it's fine too. A lot of riding is not fast enought to affect airflow anyhow.

#13 ·
Got any pics and can you advise on which ones you used.

I was looking at reduction sleeves but couldnt find anything that took me from 0.75 to XXXX. everything seemed built for 0.875. Quick search on shims and I still couldnt find anything to take me below 1"

I dont have any welding skills or tools bro. :)

#12 ·
i welded a mount to mount my dad's in that location. some people run bolts straight through the frame, althoug i think that looks too rigged. im sure there are clamps sized for our racks, but i couldnt tell you where to find them. long story short, free bump to the top.

#14 ·
Off the top of my head u could get some pipe strap and wrap it around the tubing a time or 2. U need 1/16" all around to shim u from 3/4(.75) to 7/8 (.875).
U could even use tape.
I gotta imagine there are mounts out there that are made for rigid that mount on .75 tubes.

#22 ·
X2. If u have to buy a mount anyways, thats best. Assuming u don't have a front box to block the lights.

#23 ·
Since I'm still debating on ordering the handlebar mount, I just used some of the big black zip ties that are probably 3/8" wide, I think they're good for like 75 lbs. Going to test it out this weekend and see how I like it mounted there

#24 ·
For a temporary mount, id use some big hose clamps. I don't think you'll get the zip ties tight enough to keep it from wiggling around.

#27 ·
You can try rubber from an inner tube as well.

#26 ·

Installed mine here to keep it from getting hit by branches or logs. Also shines in the direction I'm turning! It's high enough it shines over grass when riding through fields as well. Simply attached with a set of aluminum handlebar clamps off ebay for $4 shipped! Did take 3-4 weeks to arrive tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.