Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Dead Battery

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Bloke 
#1 ·
So I went riding for a few days, all was fine. Went to unload the bikes this morning, the Grizz is dead as a a doornail. ---- Nothing, Zippo, nada. ----- No lights, nothing on the pod, not a click or tick to be had anywhere. --- Checked all the fuses, all good. --- Put a battery charger on, about 5 minutes later @ 16 amps, she starts just fine. ----- Tried the winch, (Viper 3000 lb, 4 months old) no in or out, nothing. Plugged up the 10" remote cord thinking maybe a bad switch, nothing. ---- Touched the charger leads directly to the connections on the side of the winch, --- winch motor spins, no clutch engage to pull cable in or out. ----- Disconnected the winch leads from the battery, thinking my problem is the "contactor box". ---I also checked the aux. power plug in to see if all was well there, it is, (that is what I have my switched lead wired to) ----- Did a little creek wading, but barely over the boards, -- no mudding. ------ Took the battery charger off of the bike, going to see if maintains charge over night. ----- My money's on the contactor box, internal dead short, --- ------ What do you think?

#2 ·
could be a few things. There might be a short in the connections to the coil for the contactor. Or the coil for the contactor is shorted, Which is killing the battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.