Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

how to remove headlight

This is a discussion on how to remove headlight within the Grizzly Electrical & Lighting forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; so i get back from riding today to find both of my headlight bulbs laying loose, inside the lens housing. It doesn't look to be ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Electrical & Lighting

Grizzly Electrical & Lighting Discuss Grizzly electrical and lighting modifications here.

whaffner will become famous soon enough

07-02-2009, 09:52 PM
how to remove headlight

so i get back from riding today to find both of my headlight bulbs laying loose, inside the lens housing. It doesn't look to be a simple task, removing the headlight fixture. Can anyone give me direction? Do I have to remove the grill?
It's a '05 660.

thanks

Cheeksł will become famous soon enough

05-01-2010, 12:00 PM
How about a 450 lens?
200 Watt Split Audio Tube
Powermadd Guards
Full AP Skids
ODI Rouge Grips
Cheeksł is offlineReport Post
DJ

Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,448 Posts
AZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond repute

05-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whaffner View Post
so i get back from riding today to find both of my headlight bulbs laying loose, inside the lens housing. It doesn't look to be a simple task, removing the headlight fixture. Can anyone give me direction? Do I have to remove the grill?
It's a '05 660.

thanks
PM "UpstateNYGrizz" he has an 02 660 that I know he has done headlight work on and can tell you how to handle your problem.
08 Camo 700EPS, 26" BH OGs on Blk 108's, 1" frnt whl spcrs, Elka Stg 2, RDC 2" lift , Rhino axels, EHS Bullet Box & lid mod w/K&N, Dyna FS, HMF Swamp Exh, Coop45 sheave, greaseless wts, purple spring, Yami US HD frt bumper, Bison Hunter rear bumper, ViperMax 3500 w/syn line, ATVrocks skids & Rock Sliders, Rox risers & Solex tapered quad bars, Roto Pax, PIAA Intense White H4's, Plano 1510 rear box.
AZ08Grizz is offlineReport Post

UpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond repute

05-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Hey AZ08Grizz, the orginal post was back on 07-02-2009. I sure hope whaffner has figured it out by now.
The new post is for a 450 and I have no idea. maybe somebody with a 450 will chime in and help Cheeks. But, I don't know why Cheeks is asking about a 450 lense when his signature has a 700. Unless he is trying to answer whaffner 10 months later.
Ricochet Skid Plates & Rock Sliders
Superwinch ATV2300 w/Amsteel Blue
Mad Mike Clutch Mods 2 & 3 w/orange 2ndary spring
Plano Rear Box
Rotopax Fuel Pack
Tomahawk Front Bumber w/Rigid D2's

2009 Rhino 700 Black Special Edition
27in Sedona Rip Saw on ITP Black SS108 Wheels
Viper Max 4000 w/Amsteel Blue
Yoshimura RS-8 Muffler, K&N Filter, EZ Steer Power Steering
J Strong Roof w/lights & stereo
J Strong Full Windshield
J Strong Front & Rear Bumpers
J Strong Dual Battery Isolator

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population.

Last edited by UpstateNYGrizz; 05-01-2010 at 10:14 PM..
UpstateNYGrizz is offlineReport Post

DizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant future

05-02-2010, 12:28 AM
Haha, nothin gets by you, UpstateNYGrizz!

Cheeks, the lens on the 450, like all grizzlies I believe, is a single-piece integrated lens/housing that is mounted from the back of the grill. If you have a broken lens, you will have to remove the grill to get it out. See here for explode view.

That which doesn't kill you, leaves scars to remind you not to do it again
DizGrizz is offlineReport Post

05-02-2010, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYGrizz View Post
Hey AZ08Grizz, the orginal post was back on 07-02-2009. I sure hope whaffner has figured it out by now.
The new post is for a 450 and I have no idea. maybe somebody with a 450 will chime in and help Cheeks. But, I don't know why Cheeks is asking about a 450 lense when his signature has a 700. Unless he is trying to answer whaffner 10 months later.
The wife rides the 450.

I was able to cut a small piece of the plastic shroud and bend down part of the gaurd then squeeze my arm in with a stubby screw driver and get the lens assembly out. Shoud be back together soon.
Powermadd Guards
Full AP Skids
ODI Rouge Grips

whaffner will become famous soon enough

05-02-2010, 06:58 AM
geez.....after all this time, you guys thought I was riding in the dark! It was a pain in the arse, but I removed the bulbs, re-soldered the bases, and re-installed.

thomasakehoe is a name known to allthomasakehoe is a name known to allthomasakehoe is a name known to allthomasakehoe is a name known to allthomasakehoe is a name known to allthomasakehoe is a name known to all

05-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Ye olde 600's are cake don't even need to pull the bumper just reach up and remove to phillips on each light and then it kist swingd our of the upper holding tab.
TKO Custom Jetting
EHS Racing Air Box Lid With K&N Filter
Supertrapp Mud Slinger Exhaust
Odyssey PC545 Battery
More new factory parts than I care to remember.
But, Green Mountain Grizzly Lives.
thomasakehoe is offlineReport Post
CRASH STUNT MEMBER

Thanked 1,709 Times in 1,181 Posts
desertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond repute

05-02-2010, 09:59 PM

It seems we have now found the answer to a old question
I hope every one has learned a lesson about keeping the rest of us members in the DARK......
Remember then post up a reply, others may need your knowledge
OG/GROC Member #1
Thought of joining the Original Grizzly Roll Over Club? (OG/ GROC)
PM me and I'll tell you whats required to join.
All Grizzly's welcome!
desertdweller is offlineReport Post

smoke660 is just really nicesmoke660 is just really nicesmoke660 is just really nicesmoke660 is just really nicesmoke660 is just really nice

05-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
It's a '05 660.

thanks
next time, if there is a next time. Shut the fuel off, stand bike on the rear rack, take off the rubber cover on the back of the headlight assembly and then its easier to fish out the old bulbs. Glad to hear you got them out and fixed.

06 Can Am Outty 800 MAX Modded out

06 686 Grizzly: Gone but never forgotten!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/atlas346/videos
smoke660 is offlineReport Post
DJ

Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,448 Posts
AZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond repute

05-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Wow, all of these responses generated by Cheeks asking an unrelated question to a post that was 10 months old and never followed up on by the original poster. Just goes to show you have to pay attention to details like "dates". LOL
08 Camo 700EPS, 26" BH OGs on Blk 108's, 1" frnt whl spcrs, Elka Stg 2, RDC 2" lift , Rhino axels, EHS Bullet Box & lid mod w/K&N, Dyna FS, HMF Swamp Exh, Coop45 sheave, greaseless wts, purple spring, Yami US HD frt bumper, Bison Hunter rear bumper, ViperMax 3500 w/syn line, ATVrocks skids & Rock Sliders, Rox risers & Solex tapered quad bars, Roto Pax, PIAA Intense White H4's, Plano 1510 rear box.
AZ08Grizz is offlineReport Post

05-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ08Grizz View Post
Wow, all of these responses generated by Cheeks asking an unrelated question to a post that was 10 months old and never followed up on by the original poster. Just goes to show you have to pay attention to details like "dates". LOL
Wasn't unrelated...lol... I needed the same information, how to remove the headlight assembly on a 450 just not a 660. They have a lot of similarities so after a Google search led me back here I figured someone would have something by now.
Powermadd Guards
Full AP Skids
ODI Rouge Grips

pitkinguy is on a distinguished road
09-21-2011, 04:58 PM
fishing out popped headlight bulbs in 660 Grizzly

Quote:
It's a '05 660.

thanks
My sister-in-law crashed my new machine into my Griz 660, both bulbs broke at the soldered ring and poped out into the reflector. Don't dismantle everything. Remove the outer rubber boot, then twist and remove the inner bulb holder boot. create a small tight hook in the end of a wire, use it to make a loop the size of the bulb base. Bend this loop at right angle to wire. Insert through bulb hole, manipulate bulb until it is vertical with glass up and base drops through loop. carefully lift bulb and start glass through the hole. I had to jerk hard enough to break the glass, but got both bulbs out this way. Only a few shards of glass left in the reflector.
pitkinguy is offlineReport Post

Pepper is a jewel in the roughPepper is a jewel in the roughPepper is a jewel in the rough

09-21-2011, 07:18 PM
I had mud in one headlite after a boot came loose and as i was trying to find away to clean the lense i stuffed a small piece of rag in and sprayed windex liberally in the hole where the bulb goes. Then got air hose and blew. It swirled the rag around and cleaned the lense nicely after 3 or 4 times
1" xxbillet1 spacers
Liquid ice
Warn winch
2" exhaust tip
Homemade extended foot pegs
Handle bar mounted driving lites
Uni air filter
Pepper is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Electrical & Lighting

Search tags for this page

2002 yamaha grizzly removal of light assembly

2007 yamaha kodiak 450 headlamp bulb
how to change a headlight on a rhino 660

how to change headlight on grizzly 660

how to change headlight yamaha grizzly

how to change headlight yamaha kodiak 2005
how to change headlights in 2004 yamaha grizzly
how to change headlights on 2006 450 yamaha grizzly
how to change the headlight on yamaha 450 kodiak

how to change the headlights in a yamaha grizzley

how to remove head light yamaha grizzly 700

how to replace headight bulb kodiac 400

how to replace headlight in a 2005 yamaha 450 kodiak atv

how to take a ligh out of a 660 grizzly
yamaha grizzly 660 light change
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.