Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

NEW DEAD 700

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Mad Mike 
#1 ·
Hey guys, My new 700 Grizzly is having some problems. It only has 7 hours on it and the battery stays dead. I can charge it up and usually within a few hrs its dead again. I don't think its charging either because it misfires when it is running. whats the problem?

#3 · (Edited)
a shorted battery is most likely the problem but you need to do some diag. work first to make sure. when running (around 2000
+ rpm) check battery voltage (13-14 volts) and turn off and check again (some ware around 12 volts). does the battery go dead just sitting or does it go dead while riding?

#5 ·
I had this happen to the 400ex when I first bought it, The dealer said it was not charged properly and asked if I could bring it back. I did, he drained the acid completely out over night, and re filled the battery with fresh, then fully charged the battery, the bike is now two years old and has never lost a charge.

#8 ·
If it will stay running after you jump it than your charging system should be ok. If its not charging it would just die while driving as it would be running off of the battery. I have seen shorted batteries draw all the power that the charging system can produce and won`t let the motor run.

#10 ·
Its sad you have to get all worked up for them to cover something a simple as a battery.

#12 ·
finding a good service manager is the key. Most won`t give ya the time of day around here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.