Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

fuel leak

This is a discussion on fuel leak within the Grizzly Engine & Transmission forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; I have a 2002 grizzly 660 and recently I noticed what appears to be a fuel leak on the bottom of my motor. There appears ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Engine & Transmission

Grizzly Engine & Transmission Discuss your Grizzly engine and transmission modifications here.

callsign.nuts is on a distinguished road
09-09-2009, 09:52 PM
fuel leak

I have a 2002 grizzly 660 and recently I noticed what appears to be a fuel leak on the bottom of my motor. There appears to be a seal that looks cracked. Is this a sign of a bigger problem and is this seal easy to fix.
callsign.nuts is offlineReport Post

Grizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzrider08 has a reputation beyond repute

09-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Im not sure, but did you turn your fuel off? I believe ive heard you should turn your fuel off or you could drain your tank. Could also be a stuck float letting fuel flow all the time, and maybe thats why your seeing a leak. Just throwing some ideas out.
08' Grizzly 700 EPS: US Yamaha front brushguard, Full ricochet skids, 3.5" Rox risers, solex bars, odi grips, rox handguards, 27" Maxxis zillas, Tamarack Classic box, Viper 3k winch, 2r tip, 2r foot pegs and traction rails, 2r front receiver, uni filter, pod mod, hanger mod, greasless, Rigid D2s, Rigid 10" SR

2013 Can Am Renegade 1000 XXC

Lots o' mods
Grizzrider08 is offlineReport Post

DizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant future

09-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Welcome to GC, nuts! You are sure to find help here as well as a lot of great conversation and humor.

My '02 660 did the same thing. It was leaking out of the overflow at the bottom of the carb. I had already gotten a carb rebuild kit and, after installing (and, of course, cleaning the carb), no more leak. If you have the overflow hose on the carb, you should be able to determine if this is the issue by simply seeing if the fuel is coming from this hose. The hose in question is attached to the carb at the dead center of the bottom of the bowl...basically, the lowest point on the carb. If you do not have a hose attached at this point, you need to order one...it has a one-way valve to keep the water out and it redirects any overflow safely away from the hot engine.
If it's not the overflow, check all over the carb for seal leaks and the hose from the tank to the carb. That pretty much rips the lid off of the fuel passage ways.

Grizzrider is right, you should shut off the fuel when not in use but, my shutoff valve leaks like a sieve (will be ordering new seals) and I would not be surprised if your did also...it's just one of those age things.

Where is this seal you believe to be cracked? Is it on the carb? If not, there may be more to look into than the fuel leak but checking it out will probably save you mare grief in the long run.

Another thing I might suggest is to check your wheel bearing seals, my rears are shot (more parts on order)

Last edited by DizGrizz; 09-09-2009 at 11:55 PM..
DizGrizz is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Engine & Transmission

Search tags for this page
07 grizzly 660 leaking fuel when shut off
2001 yamaha grizzly 600 gas cock pit

2002 yamaha grizzly fuel leak

carb leaks on 02 grizzly 660
fuel leak on yamaha 660

gas switch leaking yamaha grizzly

grizzly 660 gas leak

grizzly 660 gas smell
how to install shut off valve on yamaha grizzly 660

yamaha grizzly 660 gas leak

yamaha grizzly 660 gas shut off leak

yamaha grizzly 80 fuel valve shut off

yamaha grizzly fuel leak

yamaha grizzly gas leak

yamaha grizzly leaking fuel

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.