Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Dead Grizzly

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  InvizGrizz 
#1 ·
I took my Grizzly 700 on the deer hunt this weekend and it damn near got shot instead of the deer because it would not start. After towing it up the mountain, started at 4500 ft and ended at 8400 ft, it would not start. After 15+ min of letting the starter wind away a couple of hundred times, it finally choked to life and would not stay running. Needless to say, after about 45 min of screwing around with this thing, it lit and stayed lit.

On Sat, while parked outside my wall tent for the night, it had to endure a quick moving but cold blizzard. Again it took another 35 min in the morning just to start.

What the hell is wrong with this thing. My buddies, who have an 06 Grizz 660 and an 07 Grizz 450, both fired right up and they were off. Fuel injection was supposed to eliminate this. Allegedly......

This 700 is STOCK.... all the extras were put on my 08. NO MODS WHATSOEVER. Anyone else have this problem? Is it the cold or the altitude? Any of you Canucks having this problem?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.