Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Dont know where the oil well is?

This is a discussion on Dont know where the oil well is? within the Grizzly Engine & Transmission forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; I have a 2001 grizzly 600 and I just bought it and I dont have a manual. I wanna check the oil but I'm not ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Engine & Transmission

Grizzly Engine & Transmission Discuss your Grizzly engine and transmission modifications here.

atvmuddin is on a distinguished road
08-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Dont know where the oil well is?

I have a 2001 grizzly 600 and I just bought it and I dont have a manual. I wanna check the oil but I'm not sure where the well is. I've taken off the plastic protectors on the side which is where I thought it would be but no luck. Anyone know where it is?
atvmuddin is offlineReport Post

UpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Go to the Yamaha web site and download a copy of the Owner's Manual there. It is a free download. If you want a service manual, they are copy righted and there are different sites that have them. I have gotten mine off ebay on cd. The cd makes it easy to search and print the pages I will be using. This keeps a clean master copy.

Here is a link to the Yamaha web site for getting the Owners Manual:

My Yamaha Prompt - Owners Manual

Here are some ebay listings for the Service/Repair Manuals.

grizzly 600 service manual items - Get great deals on eBay Motors, Books items on eBay.com!

To check the oil, the 600 has a oil level window on the lower left side of the crankcase cover. Make sure the oil is between the high and low level marks. It looks like that is between 1/2 and 3/4 high in the window.
Attached Thumbnails
Dont know where the oil well is?-600-oil.jpg  
Ricochet Skid Plates & Rock Sliders
Superwinch ATV2300 w/Amsteel Blue
Mad Mike Clutch Mods 2 & 3 w/orange 2ndary spring
Plano Rear Box
Rotopax Fuel Pack
Tomahawk Front Bumber w/Rigid D2's

2009 Rhino 700 Black Special Edition
27in Sedona Rip Saw on ITP Black SS108 Wheels
Viper Max 4000 w/Amsteel Blue
Yoshimura RS-8 Muffler, K&N Filter, EZ Steer Power Steering
J Strong Roof w/lights & stereo
J Strong Full Windshield
J Strong Front & Rear Bumpers
J Strong Dual Battery Isolator

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population.
UpstateNYGrizz is offlineReport Post
Banned

jfer has a reputation beyond reputejfer has a reputation beyond reputejfer has a reputation beyond reputejfer has a reputation beyond reputejfer has a reputation beyond reputejfer has a reputation beyond reputejfer has a reputation beyond reputejfer has a reputation beyond reputejfer has a reputation beyond reputejfer has a reputation beyond reputejfer has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2010, 01:36 PM
You can view a manual here My Yamaha Prompt - Owners Manual.
jfer is offlineReport Post

thomasakehoe is a name known to allthomasakehoe is a name known to allthomasakehoe is a name known to allthomasakehoe is a name known to allthomasakehoe is a name known to allthomasakehoe is a name known to all

08-20-2010, 01:43 PM
The oil fill plug is right behind the shift rod on the left side when sitting on the ATV no need to remove plastics, but you will need a funnel with a neck to add oil. The sight window to check the level is right between the pull start and the oil filter cover on the same side, pretty low down.
TKO Custom Jetting
EHS Racing Air Box Lid With K&N Filter
Supertrapp Mud Slinger Exhaust
Odyssey PC545 Battery
More new factory parts than I care to remember.
But, Green Mountain Grizzly Lives.
thomasakehoe is offlineReport Post

DizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant futureDizGrizz has a brilliant future

08-20-2010, 01:52 PM
If you do not know the maintenance history of this quad (and, unless you bought it from a close relative, you really don't), now is a good time to change all the fluids; oil & filter, differential fluid, final drive fluid. Be sure to use the proper fluid for each and remember, you MUST use motorcycle oil in the crankcase (compatible with a wet clutch)...do NOT use automotive oil or the wet clutch will slip big time.

That which doesn't kill you, leaves scars to remind you not to do it again
DizGrizz is offlineReport Post

keith20mm has a brilliant futurekeith20mm has a brilliant futurekeith20mm has a brilliant futurekeith20mm has a brilliant futurekeith20mm has a brilliant futurekeith20mm has a brilliant futurekeith20mm has a brilliant futurekeith20mm has a brilliant futurekeith20mm has a brilliant futurekeith20mm has a brilliant futurekeith20mm has a brilliant future
08-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvmuddin View Post
I have a 2001 grizzly 600 and I just bought it and I dont have a manual. I wanna check the oil but I'm not sure where the well is. I've taken off the plastic protectors on the side which is where I thought it would be but no luck. Anyone know where it is?
Here's the oil check window (below the oil filter cover, left engine side):

You might have to wipe the window off with a rag to see it, if it's covered with oil/dirt.
keith20mm is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Engine & Transmission

Search tags for this page

2000 yamaha grizzly 600 4x4 manual

2001 yamaha grizzly 600 manual

2001 yamaha grizzly 600 oil filter

2001 yamaha grizzly 600 owners manual

2001 yamaha grizzly 600 service manual free download

check oil level yamaha grizzly 600

checking oil level grizzly 600

grizzly 600 check oil

how to check engine oil in a yamaha grizzly 600

how to check oil level for yamaha grizzly 600 4x4

how to check oil level in 2000 yamaha grizzly 600

where do u add oil to a grizzly 600 2001

yamaha 600 rhino service manual free download

yamaha grizzly 600 4x4 how to change the oil

yamaha grizzly 600 oil plug
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.