Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Linkage problem

This is a discussion on Linkage problem within the Grizzly Engine & Transmission forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; Hi all I'm having problems with my 2002 Grizzly 660 not selecting park properly. From what I can tell it looks like the linkage/selector cable ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Engine & Transmission

Grizzly Engine & Transmission Discuss your Grizzly engine and transmission modifications here.

KiwiSteve is on a distinguished road
01-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Linkage problem

Hi all

I'm having problems with my 2002 Grizzly 660 not selecting park properly. From what I can tell it looks like the linkage/selector cable may need adjusting. is there a really good web site that shows how to do this?
Cheers Steve
KiwiSteve is offlineReport Post

Dan1724 has a reputation beyond reputeDan1724 has a reputation beyond reputeDan1724 has a reputation beyond reputeDan1724 has a reputation beyond reputeDan1724 has a reputation beyond reputeDan1724 has a reputation beyond reputeDan1724 has a reputation beyond reputeDan1724 has a reputation beyond reputeDan1724 has a reputation beyond reputeDan1724 has a reputation beyond reputeDan1724 has a reputation beyond repute

01-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Well I don't know if there's another good website for it, but GC is a great place to come for that answer.

1. Put your bike in Neutral and take your left side black plastic cover off.

2. using a vice-grip and a 10mm (I think) wrench, loosen the nut at the end of the linkage shaft (the long silver rod) on the right side, and the nut that is tucked wayyy up by your shifter.

3. Use a pencil or a marker to make a horizontal line that you can see clearly along that rod.

4. There is a flat spot on that rod. Use your wrench to turn the rod 1/4 turn either way. Then try and "find" each gear, including P and R. You'll know if it got worse or better. If it got better, continue turning the rod 1/4 turn in that same direction until it is perfect. If it got worse, turn it back 1/4 turn at a time to get back to where you started (keep an eye on that mark you made). Then go 1/4 turn in the other direction until it gets better.

5. If it still doesn't find park and ALL the other shift positions, you may need to replace the ball joints on the end of that rod.

6. After you get it where you want, hold the rod steady and re-tighten BOTH of the nuts on the end of the rods.

Good luck. And remember, this is THE website for all things Grizzly!!!!
RED 2002 Grizzly 660, 28" Gorilla Silverbacks, Wiseco 11:1 Piston, HotCams Stage 1 Raptor Cam, Raptor Valve Springs, DizGrizz Serious Air Filter Mod HERE, K&N Air Filter, Custom Rad Relocate, 1mm Shim, 660 Mega-Air Snorkels HERE,Powermadd Handguards, ODI Rogue Grips.
Dan1724 is offlineReport Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan1724 For This Useful Post:
KiwiSteve (01-24-2011)

KiwiSteve is on a distinguished road
01-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Cheers for that!! Sound fairly easy.
Great web site. All the best guys from New Zealand
KiwiSteve is offlineReport Post

awames76 is a glorious beacon of lightawames76 is a glorious beacon of lightawames76 is a glorious beacon of lightawames76 is a glorious beacon of lightawames76 is a glorious beacon of lightawames76 is a glorious beacon of light

01-24-2011, 04:27 PM
i have a prob on mine where i could not get it to go into low and park, only one of them the linkage was good and tryed to adj but did not work, i took the shifter apart and the rod that goes through to where the shifter handle hooks to [its a square tube] had play i took it apart and put 3 or 4 layers of pop can in there and used a hammer and hit it lightly and it took all play out and the kinkage was adj right. now i have park.

if u need more info let me know, if your ball ends are good and cant get it adj try that. there is a nut on both ends of the rod u need to loosen
china 49cc 4 wheeler for son 9 yr old]
electric 4 wheeler for son [5 yr old]
payed $50 for a non runner needs carb, cable, throttle to run
nothing for my daughter yet [2 yr old]

just added a 1.1mm shim $.48

Green Grizzly Owners Club #2
awames76 is offlineReport Post

fuzzy bear foot is a name known to allfuzzy bear foot is a name known to allfuzzy bear foot is a name known to allfuzzy bear foot is a name known to allfuzzy bear foot is a name known to allfuzzy bear foot is a name known to all
01-25-2011, 03:31 AM
Mines the same it's not a Bice noise when it grinds trying to select a gear. Think I'm guna replace the ball joints as it doesn't select either way properly if I remember rightly. I was going to adjust it but it will get better one way and worse the
Other.
dynojet kit.
pro-design k&n kit w/outerwear.
epi sport utility clutch kit w/greaseless conversion.
oil filter magnet mod.
25" kenda bear claws.
powermadd guards/spider grips.
quadworks gripper seat cover.
fro systems ally tank vent.
allen mossy oak front bag and fender bag.
"THE PUNISHER" decals.
fuzzy bear foot is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Engine & Transmission

Search tags for this page
2002 grizzly 660 adjust throttle cable
2002 yamaha grizzly shifter module

grizzly 660 shift linkage adjustment

how can i adjust the shifter linkage on a 2002 yamaha grizzly 660

how do you adjust the shift selector linkage on a 450 grizzly

how to adjust shift linkage on 2002 grizzly 660
how to adjust shift linkage on a 2002 grizzly 660
how to adjust the linkage on a kodiak 400
issues with yahama grizzly linkage
kodiak 400 linkage adjust

kodiak 400 shifter linkage

yamaha big bear 400 shift linkage
yamaha big bear atv shift linkage
yamaha big bear shift linkage broke
yamaha kodiak shift linkage#gsc.tab
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.