Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

grizzly 600 carb, going back to stock jets

This is a discussion on grizzly 600 carb, going back to stock jets within the Grizzly Engine & Transmission forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; I have a 2001 Grizzly 600 and last winter I put on an HMF Utility slip-on exhaust setup as my stock muffler rusted clean through. ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Engine & Transmission

Grizzly Engine & Transmission Discuss your Grizzly engine and transmission modifications here.

hiljak will become famous soon enoughhiljak will become famous soon enough
11-29-2011, 12:15 PM
grizzly 600 carb, going back to stock jets

I have a 2001 Grizzly 600 and last winter I put on an HMF Utility slip-on exhaust setup as my stock muffler rusted clean through. I had the so-called "silent core" for it (ya right) and the thing was just too loud for use. Well anyway, when I put it on, I also put in a dynajet kit which upped the main from i think 42.5 to something like 85 (can't remember right now the exact but it was what i considered a pretty big jump). I also put in their upgraded needle and the k&N air filter.

Here's my question. I ended up buying a new "OEM" muffler for the bike and put it on in place of the ridiculously loud HMF setup but I still have the k&n air filter installed and plan on leaving that in. Would I be right to swap the main jet back to the original stock size of 42.5 now that the OEM pipe is installed? Also, if I do go back to the 42.5, would I be able to leave the upgraded needle in there or is that going to cause issues? I basically just want a stock setup with the K&n filter but the way I understand it, the stock jetting is based on the needs of the stock exhaust and air filter setup? Anyone have any insights on this? Thanks

Last edited by hiljak; 11-29-2011 at 12:17 PM..
hiljak is offlineReport Post

11-29-2011, 12:20 PM
BTW, the OEM pipe I got was the Kimpex Exsound. got in on ebay for around $300.00. Really nice quality pipe.

11-30-2011, 06:22 PM
went ahead and put the stock main jet back in and set the air screw (dont know it thats the right name) to 3.5 turns from the bottom. Seems to be running better now, but there is a wierd sound from behind the secondary. I read some threads on here and I'm pretty sure my problem is the one way bearing. The sound comes as you rev it up and stays when you let off but gets quiter. I also noticed that if the idle is really low, its like theres a click from down there then it dies.

Don't know for sure but I ordered the bearing, seal, the other bearing in the clutch holder, the nut and oil seal that the book says need swapped with new. We'll see. I may try to run the secondary greesless as I've seen on here. what a great site this is, lots of info to take in.

11-30-2011, 06:23 PM
the sound is kind of a grinding gravely noise, dont know how to decribe it really.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Engine & Transmission

Search tags for this page
2001 yamaha grizzly 600 carburetor main jet

600 grizzly carb needle clip position

600 grizzly jet stock

bigger carb jets for 2001 grizzly

grizzly 600 jetting

grizzly 600 main jet clip settings

grizzly 600 stock jet size

grizzly 600 stock jetting

hmf exhaust for grizzly 600

jetting 600 yamaha carberator

stock jet size grizzly 600

what size main jet should i use in a grizzly 600
yahama 600 grizzly stock jet size
yamaha grizzly 600 carb size

yamaha grizzly 600 needle position

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.