Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Clutch Rattle Noise

This is a discussion on Clutch Rattle Noise within the Grizzly Engine & Transmission forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; I just did the shim mod on my primary and now when I rev up my quad from and idle it makes a loud rattle ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Engine & Transmission

Grizzly Engine & Transmission Discuss your Grizzly engine and transmission modifications here.

Nathan36 is on a distinguished road
03-29-2012, 04:07 PM
Clutch Rattle Noise

I just did the shim mod on my primary and now when I rev up my quad from and idle it makes a loud rattle noise and then goes once the rpms get higher. Doesnt matter if its in park, netrual, or in gear. Quad still has good power. Any ideas? Thanks
Nathan36 is offlineReport Post

daver18qc has a reputation beyond reputedaver18qc has a reputation beyond reputedaver18qc has a reputation beyond reputedaver18qc has a reputation beyond reputedaver18qc has a reputation beyond reputedaver18qc has a reputation beyond reputedaver18qc has a reputation beyond reputedaver18qc has a reputation beyond reputedaver18qc has a reputation beyond reputedaver18qc has a reputation beyond reputedaver18qc has a reputation beyond repute

03-29-2012, 04:51 PM
if you shimmed to much there's the possibility that your belt rubs the inside of the plastic CVT cover. i'd remove it to check it out. Also, did you pay attention not to have rollers weights fall out of their channels when you reinstalled it ?
8x 15.6g Clutch Weights (drilled)
Carburetor Slide Spring cut 3 turns
Muffler tip cut off, hole made bigger
Airbox top cut open with a screen
Reverse and Full-Lock Limiter Bypass
Carlisles Badland xTr radial tires
^^25-11-12 and 25-8-12^^
Warn XT25 2500lbs winch
daver18qc is offlineReport Post

Mt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond repute

03-29-2012, 04:59 PM
is the cage that goes over the primary on properly? it may be loose, or is the primary hitting the inside of the cage?
-Performance Snorkels
-Powermadd Handguards
-Moose Fender Extensions
-Wheelspacers
Mt.dewman is offlineReport Post

GrizzNasty has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzNasty has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzNasty has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzNasty has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzNasty has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzNasty has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzNasty has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzNasty has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzNasty has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzNasty has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzNasty has a reputation beyond repute

03-29-2012, 05:04 PM
you did put a little grease on in the little bearing in the middle of the clutch cage right?
28x10 SwampLawz
Gold Secondary
2mm shim
Stalld
Rad Racked
Snorks
Rhinos
etc

SOLD

Tweeked Slick60

- mileanhour.com
GrizzNasty is offlineReport Post

03-29-2012, 05:10 PM
Yes before i put it together i took apart the primary and made sure all the rollers looked good and put a little grease on them. And i also greased the little bearing. I will pull the cover off tonight and see whats going on. The way is sounds it might be the primary lightly hitting the clutch cage. Will let you know what i find.

Mt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond reputeMt.dewman has a reputation beyond repute

03-29-2012, 05:38 PM
before i got my primary machined, the amount of shim i was running had the primary really close to the inside of that cage.
-Performance Snorkels
-Powermadd Handguards
-Moose Fender Extensions
-Wheelspacers

03-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Belt was touching the cover. Sanded it down and reinstalled noise is gone now. Mt. Dewman how do you like those moose fender extensions? And what did they cost?

03-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan36 View Post
Belt was touching the cover. Sanded it down and reinstalled noise is gone now. Mt. Dewman how do you like those moose fender extensions? And what did they cost?
The grizz actually came with them from the dealer. Moose came and put a set on different makes at the dealership as a test deal. They do a great job of keeping the mud off me even with the 28's! If you look on DennisKirk, you should find them for about 70 bucks.
-Performance Snorkels
-Powermadd Handguards
-Moose Fender Extensions
-Wheelspacers

03-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Ok good. I ordered some already haha. I also have 28" zillas

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Engine & Transmission

Search tags for this page
clattering noise in yamaha rhino
cvt rattle

grizzly 450 starter rattles

grizzly 700 makes slight rattle when reved up

grizzly 700 rattling

my raptor 700 is making a rattling noise when i rev it up

quad shim mod noise

raptor 700 rattle noise

rattle noise from engine on raptor 700
yamaha 450 rattling under acceleration
yamaha grizzly 450 engine noise

yamaha grizzly 700 clutch weight noise

yamaha kodiak 450 clutch knock

yamaha rhino clutch weights rattle

yamaha rhino rattling noise
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.