Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

600 grizzly orange hot exhaust manifold?

This is a discussion on 600 grizzly orange hot exhaust manifold? within the Grizzly Engine & Transmission forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; hey.. i just bought a 2000 grizz 600.. the bike was not in the best of shape just needed some tlc so i decided to ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Engine & Transmission

Grizzly Engine & Transmission Discuss your Grizzly engine and transmission modifications here.

denis is on a distinguished road
10-13-2012, 10:24 PM
600 grizzly orange hot exhaust manifold?

hey.. i just bought a 2000 grizz 600.. the bike was not in the best of shape just needed some tlc so i decided to tear her down a bit.. after doing some cleaning.. i started the bike up.. ran it for 2 mins and the exhaust manifold became orange so i shut her down..

work i did.. clean the carb.. i did not adjust any of the screws only took it appart and cleaned the jets seat and bowl.. cleaned the belt housing.. airbox.. and washed the whole bike..

after this seeing the exhaust the way it was i was baffled on what was wrong.. i checked the fan.. it works.. i took the exhaust off to make sure it wasnt plugged and was heating up that way.. it was clear... i decided to drop the oil.. thinking that possibly the oil filter was plugged and maybe not letting the oil through the motor properly and creating it to overheat that way.. once i dropped the oil i found a few pieces of what seemed to be rust.. i took my magnent and the debris would not stick to it.., so to me that rules out metal.. i also found what i think may be a crush washer above the little strainer in the oil drain..

im just wondering if anyone has had similar issues.. the bike is new to me and im a bit worried i got screwed over..

the bike seems to have lots of compression still.. and was not knocking or anything while it was running..

any help would be great.. i can take pictures tomorrow of the oil.. and stuff that i found in the oil.. it was not much a few tiny tiny pieces but to me its something and worries me..
denis is offlineReport Post

92rslt1 is on a distinguished road
10-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Its lean. Re-clean the carb and make sure there is no air leaks. Glowing exhaust is a certain lean condition. does it pop when you let off the gas?
92rslt1 is offlineReport Post

denis is on a distinguished road
10-14-2012, 08:13 PM
yes it did pop.. i did some more tuning today and got it running way better.. after having a buddy look at the oil that i drained out.. he said there was nothing to worry about.. the bike is running way better now.. and is not getting hot.. thanks for the help.
denis is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Engine & Transmission

Search tags for this page
600 grizzly exhaust turning red
600 grizzly seems to be running hot
baffle for yamaha grizzly 600
best 600 grizzly exhaust

exhaust red hot yamaha grizzley after carborater work

grizzly 600 exhaust getting hot

grizzly 600 exsaust red
suzuki atv exhaust red hot
yamaha atv 600 grizzly
yamaha grizzly 600 exhaust manifold

yamaha grizzly 600 exhaust turn red hot

yamaha grizzly exaust geting red

yamaha grizzly exhaust hot

yamaha grizzly gets really hot on exhaust side
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.