Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Maintenance Cost

This is a discussion on Maintenance Cost within the Grizzly Engine & Transmission forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; My dealer quoted me $620-650 for the 6month maintenance on my grizz 700. That seems way out of line. It is 10% of what I ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Engine & Transmission

Grizzly Engine & Transmission Discuss your Grizzly engine and transmission modifications here.

kenta is on a distinguished road

10-28-2008, 05:08 PM
My dealer quoted me $620-650 for the 6month maintenance on my grizz 700. That seems way out of line. It is 10% of what I paid.

Should I check around at some of the other dealers in the state? What is everyone else paying or are you all doing it yourself?

Thanks
Kent
kenta is offlineReport Post

Yamabeast will become famous soon enoughYamabeast will become famous soon enough

10-28-2008, 07:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kenta @ October 28, 2008, 6:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
My dealer quoted me $620-650 for the 6month maintenance on my grizz 700. That seems way out of line. It is 10% of what I paid.

Should I check around at some of the other dealers in the state? What is everyone else paying or are you all doing it yourself?

Thanks
Kent[/b]

Holy crap! Are they rebuilding the engine, or what. So, they are changing fluids, cleaning the air filter, greasing pivot points, and doing a valve adjustment for $600+?

I got a Kawi 650 valve adj. done about 2 years ago...$56. As for the rest, you can def do it all yourself.
Yamabeast is offlineReport Post

viperr817 will become famous soon enough
10-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Find a good atv shop around, they will charge u much less. Yami can not void your warranty for u doin your own maintence, as long as u have receipts for fluids and gaskets. I beleive that is a us law.
viperr817 is offlineReport Post

viperr817 will become famous soon enough
10-28-2008, 08:29 PM
remember this is only an atv, not a $100,000 Lambo they will not fight u on claims unless it is obvious that your fluids and total machine was neglected. Have it done cheaper at a local rebuild shop or do it yourself and save receipts either way. Dont sweat it. As far as the valves, no prob leave em alone unnless your machine is really noisier they r fine. Well Iguess i should ask how many miles u have first. That could make a big diff. Furthermore amesoil all the way brother! Or any good syn for that matter
viperr817 is offlineReport Post

WildWest will become famous soon enough

10-28-2008, 08:40 PM
If I remember correctly my first service was like 200-250.

I'm due for another soon as it will be its 1 yr anniversary next month.

www.northeastatvers.com
Join a club and RIDE!
NEATV-WMATV-MTA-NQATV-MMATV-NDVATV-NHOHVA
WildWest is offlineReport Post

kenta is on a distinguished road

10-28-2008, 10:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (viperr817 @ October 28, 2008, 6:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
remember this is only an atv, not a $100,000 Lambo they will not fight u on claims unless it is obvious that your fluids and total machine was neglected. Have it done cheaper at a local rebuild shop or do it yourself and save receipts either way. Dont sweat it. As far as the valves, no prob leave em alone unnless your machine is really noisier they r fine. Well Iguess i should ask how many miles u have first. That could make a big diff. Furthermore amesoil all the way brother! Or any good syn for that matter[/b]
Agree 100% on the amsoil. That was the first thing I did after the break in period. Only have a 100 miles on the quad. Just coming due for the first 6 month service interval. The dealer quoted me the price when I called to schedule the appointment. They said the average Grizzly cost for maintenance is around $2000 a year. I was speechless!!

I have got to find another place to get the service done. The only thing I am worried about is the valve adjust. Never done one on a small engine before.

Kent
kenta is offlineReport Post

landscaper is on a distinguished road
10-28-2008, 11:01 PM
i had the dealer to the valves on my rhino but other than that i change the oil when the ICE comes and ICE is OUT and in the summer again IF it looks Dirty
How about changing my other fluids....diff...stuff like that???
Fuel filter will be changed along with the oil come thanksgiving
-Yamaha Doors------------Yamaha Camo Seat Covers
-Yamaha Full Windshield---Yamaha 08 CupHolders
00 John Deere Gator 6x4
landscaper is offlineReport Post

2kiddad is on a distinguished road

11-02-2008, 05:24 AM
i bought service plus at my yamaha dealer for 8oo.oo for 3 years for both grizzs, unlimited oil change, all schedule services,plus all yamaha accessories installed free winch install free, new rims and tires this is not a bad deal
2kiddad is offlineReport Post

jede76 will become famous soon enoughjede76 will become famous soon enough

11-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Last time I was @ the stealership they were charging 42.50 per half hour.
jede76 is offlineReport Post
CRASH STUNT MEMBER

Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,184 Posts
desertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond repute

11-02-2008, 09:40 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2kiddad @ November 2, 2008, 4:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
i bought service plus at my yamaha dealer for 8oo.oo for 3 years for both grizzs, unlimited oil change, all schedule services,plus all yamaha accessories installed free winch install free, new rims and tires this is not a bad deal[/b]
Thats way cheap,I like your dealer, Mine offered a 3yr. plan for 1500.oo, I said no. My first oil change was about 120.oo,and I'm due for the second any time now. I figure If I follow the maintenence plan I'll have spent less.
Plus I could always do it myself.
OG/GROC Member #1
Thought of joining the Original Grizzly Roll Over Club? (OG/ GROC)
PM me and I'll tell you whats required to join.
All Grizzly's welcome!
desertdweller is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Engine & Transmission

Search tags for this page
atv cost of maintenace comparison
atv maintenance costs
atv repair price

atv service cost

atv service prices

cost servicing an atv

cost to service an atv

cost to service atv
how much it cost for atv service
how much should a first atv service cost?
how much to service atv
lowest maintenance cost atv
maintenance cost for yamaha are six
prices of atv maintanence

yamaha atv service costs

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.