Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Grizzly Rear Bumper

8K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  TripleR 
#1 ·
I am going to put a rear bumper on my 08 Grizzly 700. Who makes the best one, so far, I have only been able to find one from Silver Back and Bison. I heard Warn makes one, but could not find a source.

#3 ·
CBRGrizzly,

Thanks I will check it out, hadn't thought about EBay.

#5 ·
[attachment=4805:ATV_3B414_00_BK_t.jpg][attachment=4806:ATV_3B441_00_BK.jpg]I got mine from my yamaha dealer they are nice

Attachments

#7 ·
08 Grizz,

I agree, I had one put on with my winch when I bought my bike as I liked it better than any of the aftermarket ones, they said they did not make one for the rear.

Hamer,

How would I go about getting one of the Canadian ones?

I don't know why more people don't make these things as there is very little rear end protection on the Grizzly and it does have a reverse.

#9 ·
I put the Bison one from a Brute Force 750 on-- very ,very minor bending of mounting tabs to fit. The lower brackets attach right to the frame just below the rack brackets. Very sturdy setup.

Attachments

#12 ·
I stumbled across the canadian yamaha bumpers on ebay. If you google yamaha of canada and thenm look at the utility accessories you will find them. don't know if you can order from a canadian dealer or how you would do that. They have real nice front and rear bumpers

#13 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hammer07 @ November 5, 2008, 9:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I stumbled across the canadian yamaha bumpers on ebay. If you google yamaha of canada and thenm look at the utility accessories you will find them. don't know if you can order from a canadian dealer or how you would do that. They have real nice front and rear bumpers[/b]
You could try Blackfoot Motorsports in Calgary Alberta and see if they could help you out. They might ship you the bumpers. Worth the call maybe.
1-403-243-2636

#14 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CRAIGGRIZZ700 @ November 5, 2008, 8:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
can anyone post pics of how it mounts?[/b]

Their web page doesn't show a Grizz 700, but it is very similar to this one on a Grizz 660. Only takes about 20 minutes, and a couple of tools. The top attachments hook over the rear rail of the rack, and the 2 lower attachments hook onto the carriers, (upright supports), very clean and simple install, as is the front bumper/brushguard. ---

Attachments

#15 ·
Thanks for all of the information, it looks like I will be going with the Bison bumper. I don't know why there isn't more to offer as I have backed into lots more stuff than I have run into. Before I could get a rear bumper on my Rhino I had already broken a tailight and fender.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.