Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

2016 Grizz heat issue

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  grizzlyuk 
#1 ·
I was wondering would "Engine Ice" help? If it would how many bottles would we need? Eventhough I've had my dealer address the issue cooler is always better. Heat is our enemy!

#2 ·
The cooling system capacity is in the book that came with the bike.
Others have taken temps and posted their testing on youtube, and there seems to be a small improvement, but I'm sold it is enough to switch.
Others have installed rafter market radiators, but tried went with the coolio theory of adding an additional heat exchanger in the hose line. I used soft cooper tubing instead of the coolio and it worked great.
on my 660 I installed the tubing between the engine and the radiator, with plans to add more in the coolant return hose if needed. I didn't have to add the second tubing.
For the first 2000 miles on the 660, I had a few occasions the light would come on and cause small amounts of coolant to be pushed from the system with air temps below 90 degrees f. After the tubing the light has not come on.
Most refuse to cut a section from a good hose, but it worked for me.
On the 660 is was handy to add the tubing were the hose passes the upper shock mount and I used 2, 45 degree elbows to follow the stock routing.
The 700 upper hose is more hidden so I suggest you look at modding the lower hose. The bleed heat might make the front plastic soft. That tubing gets very hot.

#4 ·
What did the dealer do?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk[/Q

The Grizzlys run hot. really hot. On my 660 ran hot, always had to clean rad daily and they are not easy to clean thoroughly. You just cant access the whole core. You have to pretty much remove rad few times through the year to clean properly of you do a lot of muddn
on my 700 when stock always ran hot as well. Fan on about 217 deg F. off at 206F
installed aftermarket rad 2 x's the size of stock. Helped a lot but still plugged up. Installed a Spal fan as well made a huge difference. blows at least twice cfm and only uses 1/2 amp more current running. I tried water wetter, engine ice etc for me didn't see any change in running temps.
When I built the 843cc didn't want to cook my new motor and mounted rad on rack.Have never in 4 years seen temp light on ever since doing this and have never had to clean it either. Rack mount is only way to go if you mud and don't wont to see temp light on all the time

#5 ·
I find this thread interesting. I've never once thought to myself "this thing is hot". I don't even really really this being an issue prior to my tuner being installed. If someone can provide a measurement on the header temp I be happy to do a comparison test with mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.