Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

grizzly stalls after startup.. only when warm?

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Brian m 
#1 ·
hey guys looking for some advice .. I got a 07 grizz 700 eps.. 420hrs 4200 miles. when the engine is cold it fires right up ill ride it for 20 mins then if I turn it off an have a beer then start it again as soon as it fires it stalls .. then I hit start again an it stays running... it has done this for a long time an I am getting annoyed with it.. any ideas why when the engine is warm it stalls right away when I start it the first time but then after it stalls it fires right back up an stays running?

#2 ·
If you haven't done it already, replace the spark plug.

#6 ·
Have you adjusted the valves? If not, needs to be done.
Did it do it before you replaced the spark plug?
Make sure gas tank vent is not getting plugged.

#8 ·
Start there as that's probably your issue.

#9 ·
X2 on valves and plug change for sure. My plugs don't last more than 500 miles but I pull it in and out of the garage a lot just to get stuff out which is hard on the plug.

#11 ·
I just did mine for the first time. They are not hard to do. took me about 2 hours, taking my time. (I did adjust them, not just inspect) You will need a feeler gauge, and i recommend valve tools, although you don't need them.
search valve adjustment on the site and you will find guides to do it. look on youtube also. i didnt find any good ones for a 700. but the 660 and 450 ones give you the idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.