Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

660 axle clips & diff seals

This is a discussion on 660 axle clips & diff seals within the Grizzly Engine & Transmission forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; I have a 2005 660 grizzly. started having the dreaded rear axle poping out on the rear left axle. Read up on the gorilla heavy ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Engine & Transmission

Grizzly Engine & Transmission Discuss your Grizzly engine and transmission modifications here.

erieaddict is on a distinguished road

07-26-2009, 04:32 PM
660 axle clips & diff seals

I have a 2005 660 grizzly. started having the dreaded rear axle poping out on the rear left axle. Read up on the gorilla heavy duty axle clips. These are the square heavy duty clips. Installed them and it cured the problem of the axle popping out. Man were they tough to get into the diff though. Ihad to pound the axle into the diff.
Now here is my problem. Last weekend i had a rear axle seal start leaking. Been there, done that. I even had the seals in my trailer to fix it at the trail head, but i couldn't get the axle out of the diff. Cranked on it so hard, i pulled the axle out of the inner CV joint. Fixed the cv joint and refilled the boat with grease and a new band, but can't figure out how to get the axle out of the diff with the gorilla clips to fix the seal. Any one have any advice?
erieaddict is offlineReport Post

Transam355 is just really niceTransam355 is just really niceTransam355 is just really niceTransam355 is just really niceTransam355 is just really nice

07-26-2009, 05:25 PM
If the axle is giving u a hard time coming now I would try taking the axle on the other side out and use a punch the approximate size of the spline shaft (slightly smaller) and hit straight and hard and hopefully it will come out.If memory serves me the rear diff is spool style so hiting direct on the axle should be no problem.Also change both seals at the same time so you don't have this little joyful issue again GOOD LUCK!!
Transam355 is offlineReport Post

erieaddict is on a distinguished road

07-26-2009, 07:48 PM
I thought of that. but both sides have the gorilla clips. i think i can take the cover off the diff and get the axles out that way. Will give it a try this week.
erieaddict is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Engine & Transmission

Search tags for this page
c clip on gorilla axle
clip for grizzly 660 axle

gorilla axle clips

gorilla axle square clips hard to remove

grizzly 660 axle clips

grizzly 660 axle seal
grizzly 660 c clips
grizzly 660 gorilla axle clips
grizzly 660 rear axle popping out
grizzly 660 removing c clip
heavy duty axle clips for yamaha grizzly 660
part number for rhino axle c clip
rear diff problem 06 grizzly with c clip for rear
rhino axle clip part number
yamaha grizzly 660 gorilla clip
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.