Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Grizzly 700 vs Polaris 800

This is a discussion on Grizzly 700 vs Polaris 800 within the Grizzly Talk forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; Buddy of mine is about to buy a new four wheeler. I got him talked into a Grizzly 700 when i walked all over a ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Talk

Grizzly Talk Here we talk about our Grizzlys in general.

Bill Nobles is a jewel in the roughBill Nobles is a jewel in the roughBill Nobles is a jewel in the rough

11-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Grizzly 700 vs Polaris 800

Buddy of mine is about to buy a new four wheeler. I got him talked into a Grizzly 700 when i walked all over a Honda 680. But then he gets up to the dealership and now hes hung up between a Polaris 800 and a Grizzly 700. Now I havent heard anything good about a Polaris in a while.But they are going to cut him a better deal on the Polaris due to it being an 08. Give me your insights so I can go to him and have some facts to throw in there so we can get him back on the right path.
Bill Nobles is offlineReport Post

Johnny mac has much to be proud ofJohnny mac has much to be proud ofJohnny mac has much to be proud ofJohnny mac has much to be proud ofJohnny mac has much to be proud ofJohnny mac has much to be proud ofJohnny mac has much to be proud ofJohnny mac has much to be proud ofJohnny mac has much to be proud of
11-21-2009, 07:34 PM
All though the Grizzly is a very good machine, the PoPo 800 is also a very good machine. It's strickly personal choice. I prefer the the PoPo 800 as I have close to 5000 mi. on my PoPo 700 EFI. DRKnight has a Grizzly 700 eps and other than doing Wheelies easier than I, he does not out preform me. I love the 700 and it feels like it becomes part of me.

While riding Friday I was running with a PoPo 850 and he could not manuver the trail as fast as I could. Like I said It's the rider and rider preference. I think he will be happy with either one. Now some folks are going to come on here and talk bad about the polaris. Still It's personal choice and there are a lot of folks that love the PoPo. jmac
Johnny mac is offlineReport Post

Bill Nobles is a jewel in the roughBill Nobles is a jewel in the roughBill Nobles is a jewel in the rough

11-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Well now im definatly going to have to talk him into the grizzly. Cant have anyone out there outperforming me.

Johnny mac has much to be proud ofJohnny mac has much to be proud ofJohnny mac has much to be proud ofJohnny mac has much to be proud ofJohnny mac has much to be proud ofJohnny mac has much to be proud ofJohnny mac has much to be proud ofJohnny mac has much to be proud ofJohnny mac has much to be proud of
11-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Nobles View Post
Well now im definatly going to have to talk him into the grizzly. Cant have anyone out there outperforming me.
Hit a nerve? did I?

BILL! It's the rider not the machine! Read my lips! jmac
CRASH STUNT MEMBER

Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,184 Posts
desertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Nobles View Post
OH Lord Bill you crack me up!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny mac View Post
Hit a nerve? did I?

BILL! It's the rider not the machine! Read my lips! jmac
Bill Now you have been

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfer View Post
Grizzly lighter weight, better tranny and engine breaking, More nimble. Brotherhood of all things Grizzly

PoPo, Faster flat out, smoother ride. One youthfully challenged rider.

I'm speachless jfer has weight all the facts and apon condensing, has nail it on the mark no dought.hehehe
OG/GROC Member #1
Thought of joining the Original Grizzly Roll Over Club? (OG/ GROC)
PM me and I'll tell you whats required to join.
All Grizzly's welcome!
desertdweller is offlineReport Post

Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,119 Posts
wayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Going only off what I've seen by riding with some 800 popos he should go with the grizz. My 660 outperformed them in every situation. Never raced topend though, don't care at all about top speeds.
wayupnorth is offlineReport Post

Nayster10 is a glorious beacon of lightNayster10 is a glorious beacon of lightNayster10 is a glorious beacon of lightNayster10 is a glorious beacon of lightNayster10 is a glorious beacon of lightNayster10 is a glorious beacon of light

11-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Let him ride yours for a day to prove the grizzly all around greatness. I have rode both and to me the grizzly is better for aggressive riding if thats his thing or if he's a casual rider the poopsmen is a nice cadillac riding tank. Best thing is a little seat time on both to see what fits his style of riding.
Nayster10 is offlineReport Post

grizlock will become famous soon enough

11-21-2009, 09:01 PM
I have personally rode with two different guys with 800 Poo's.The one fellow spent a small fortune getting the exhaust pipes ceramic coated due to melting plastic.The other fellow I rode with only once. He had to put his bike in the shop after we rode. His bike kept over heating when he tried to use it afterwards.Turned out the rad was packed with mud.The Poo's have very low rads,seem very vunerable to me.He did comment that the Grizzly seemed more refined compared to his bike.The poor assembly seems to create rattles and vibration alot. After he rode the Griz he went home and tried to tighten up the nuts and bolts all over his machine.Just my experiance guys, take it for what it is.
ITP SS 106 RIMS 26" Maxxis Zillas.
Moose front bumper.Ricochet full skids.
Rear 2500 winch,custom made mount.
Garmen Legend
, RAM mount.

Last edited by grizlock; 11-21-2009 at 09:03 PM..
grizlock is offlineReport Post

wildbilljp has a spectacular aura aboutwildbilljp has a spectacular aura about
11-21-2009, 09:39 PM
All of this has been discussed before. Use the Search Luke.....
wildbilljp is offlineReport Post
Ursus arctos horribilis

Tumbleweed is a jewel in the roughTumbleweed is a jewel in the roughTumbleweed is a jewel in the roughTumbleweed is a jewel in the rough

11-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Given the choices available, I would go for the Grizzly, but if it were the new style/model 850 Sportsman...well that would be a tougher call.
http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/Jaxom44/
Tumbleweed is offlineReport Post

11-22-2009, 06:04 AM
Thanks for you input guys.
RIP Mike Mayho

Mad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2009, 06:39 AM
The 800 is a good machine if ya ride a lot of dry trails. If hes going to be riding a lot of mud/water you will be towing him to the truck. I`ve only rode with 1 guy that had a 500 ho sportsman it was fast for a 500 when it ran. He beat it pretty bad and it broke a lot.Not just hard parts it had a lot of electrical issues also. Tell him he has to buy a tow strap.

Mike road a mean...
07 770 Green Grizzly: EHS/Barker Port/Polish w/1mm o/s valves,Trinity 734 BBK, Barker +4mm Stroker Crank, Stage 2 Raptor Hot Cam, Barker true dual exhaust, PC5 w/Auto Tune, EHS Airbox Setup, 2mm o/s Throttle Body by KDS, 25.5" Pit Bull Growlers, Owner of Mike`s Powerhouse Mods #2 and #3 (formerly coop45 mods).

GOD BLESS MIKE'S SOUL. HE WAS A GREAT FRIEND AND ASSET TO THIS SITE. SEE YOU WHEN I GET THERE BUDDY! JAMEY (AKA GEARSLAYER).
Mad Mike is offlineReport Post

warj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to all
11-22-2009, 07:33 AM
I have always heard the ultramatic transmission is better on the belts than the competition.

Maybe go to a different dealership and look for a leftover Grizzly?
warj1990 is offlineReport Post

11-22-2009, 09:00 AM
SEE BILL? I told you there would be a lot of PoPo bashing. But like Mike stated, I ride on dry trails 99% of the time. I don't understand how some of these youngsters can take a 7 or 8000 dollar machine and bury it in mud. As for as agility, I personally feel I have as much of IT on the type trails we ride as any Grizz. But that's just an "Old MAN" talking. What do I know? Right now I would say if your friend has the bucks, the 850 XP EPS is the only way to go. But you didn't ask about that one, did you?jmac

Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,119 Posts
wayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2009, 12:21 PM
"I don't understand how some of these youngsters can take a 7 or 8000 dollar machine and bury it in mud."

You must ride gravel and paved roads and powerlines. If you can't make it thru mud and deep water in this state, then you aren't going anywhere.
wayupnorth is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Talk

Search tags for this page
2005 polaris 800 versus 700 grizzly
grizzly 660 vs sportsman 800

grizzly 700 vs polaris 800

grizzly 700 vs sportsman 800

polaris 800 atv vs 700 grizzly
polaris 800 vs

polaris 800 vs grizzly 700

polaris 800 vs yamaha grizzly 800 year 2008

polaris sportsman 700 vs 800

polaris sportsman 800 vs yamaha grizzly 700

sportsman 800 vs grizzly 700

yamaha grizzly 700 vs polaris 800

yamaha grizzly 700 vs polaris sportsman 700

yamaha grizzly 700 vs polaris sportsman 800

yamaha grizzly 800

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.