Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Decals

12K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  wayupnorth 
#1 ·
Im in the process of polishing my plastic and redecaling my Grizzly and so i got all my decals off and I was going to remove my Warning stickers that are rivited on and use the aluminum plates to put various stickers on . Couldnt get them to come off even with a heat gun. Then I read on hear about drilling out the rivits and flipping the plates but I tried ansd mine was glued on also. Now what?

#3 ·
Pressure washer took all but the warning plates off mine...although I didn't mean to.

Speaking of decals does Grizz central have any?
Hey CR Post some pic's of your Rockers ok!
I TOOK ALL THE DECALS OFF I paid for the Grizzly I'm not going to advertise for Yami unless they pay me.
Looks better any way, have not tried to take the warnings off yet but will sometime.

PM Jack, I know he did some custom work on the warnings. He could tell you how hard or easy they are.

#4 ·
Taking the safety placards off is very easy. There is an easier (quicker) way than drilling the rivets, as follows:

With a good pair of ***** - snip the backs of the rivets off. it's actually easier than you think.

• I used a small chisel, but any simuler tool like a flat screwdriver will work. Just lightly wedge the chisel under the rivet head (top side of placard) and pry upward. They will pop right off.
  • Now - the placards are glued down, but the glue isn't all that strong. I just pryed up a corner of the placard and pulled it off with a pair of pliers.
  • Glue was removed with Goof Off. I have camo plastics and the Goof Off did no damage to the plastics.
There are sevaral options to replacement placards - you could cut your own blanks out of plastic and rivet back on and place vinyl decals over that, or you could just put decals in place of where the placards were - just don't mind the rivet holes.
There is a guy on Ebay named Jon Cryer - He made my custom placards and now sells thewm on Ebay for about $40.00 a set of 4. You could e-mail him and ask him if he will do a custom job for you and what the cost would be.
the placards he makes are cut from a good quality plastic that are CNC cut to allow a colored backround to show through in the shape of the cut graphic - I think they look cool.
You can see the ones I have in My Garage.

Any other questions - Just ask.
Good Luck!
The ModFather

#13 ·
AND - since so many of my friends are on this thread, I thought I'd share a precious moment with you all.

Yesterday we go two feet of snow on the Jersey shore so I took my wife out for a little ride in the white stuff.

Here is how we roll on the Jersey shore:

Attachments

#15 · (Edited)
AND - since so many of my friends are on this thread, I thought I'd share a precious moment with you all.

Yesterday we go two feet of snow on the Jersey shore so i too my wife out for a little ride in the white stuff.

Here is how we roll on the Jersey shore:

Hey!!!! That's my wife!!! I thought she only did that with me:devil::icon_ laughup:

Reactions: Christopher Robin
#16 ·
I THOUGHT THIS WAS ABOUT DECALS NOT TAT'S LOL! ANOTHER FINE DAY OUTDOORS!

#17 ·
It was about decals but it seems we got alittle off track, but after seeing her i dont mind a bit. But on to the original subject, went up to the car wash and it wouldnt blast them off. So we are in the process of cutting out some diamond plate and Im just to replace them with those.

#18 ·
If you insist on being serious - The Yamaha decals should come right off, but if they are cold you may need some help.
Try using rubbing alcohol and let it sit for a couple of minutes, or use a hair dryer set on low - either way just peel the corner with your fingernail and they should come right off.

As for the decals on the aluminum plates (placards) - they will not come off easily! It's just easier to remove the complete plate and start over, or put a dark colored vinyl decal over the white faced warning plates.

#19 ·
Why did you photoshop the grizzly out of the picture, afraid nobody would look at your wife?

:nana:

#22 ·
Took care of it today guys. Drilled out the rivits, pryed them off, removed the glue, used the aluminum plates as a template with some diamond plate, got them cut out , sprayed them with some bedliner, rerivited them back on and man does it look cool. Know Im brainstorming where to use the rest of the diamond plate at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.