Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Grizzly 700 top speed?

13K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  jfat 
#1 ·
What is the actual top speed of a Grizzly 700? The 700's in our group all hit the revlimiter at 68mph on the speedo. I have new 26" tires and I passed a heavily modified 660 with stock tires with 73mph on his speedo and 66mph on mine right before I hit limiter. I am waiting on a Dalton clutch kit which I assume will take off some top speed but will give me better bottom end.

#8 ·
You see a lot of people worrying about top speed and then two seconds later they are wondering why their bike won't turn 27"+ tires in the sticky stuff...lol

Top speed on my ole grizz when I got it in '04 was 68MPH on the dyno...after my modifications it hits a mean 58MPH...yea, I lost 10MPH and have only hit top speed one time...on the dyno.

#11 ·
Im just wondering guys, everyones grizz hits a so called rev limiter at 68mph...Are you sure it isnt a speed govoner? Cause i seen someone was talking about a new CDI box or somthing for it and it increased top speed to like 75mph. With a CVT tranny it should never hit the rev limiter in gear.

#13 ·
I have seen 66 on pavement with 26 XTR's, but Have not done it since. The rev limiter is kicking in at 63-64 mph. I want to know how everyone is getting such high speeds. What is everyones elevation?

#14 ·
We have a brand new Grizzly 700 with no mods to our group and he hits the limiter at 68mph just like the others. No matter what tires I had on I would hit the limiter at 68mph. After the clutch kit 65mph. Mph are on the speedo of course but need to check with GPS. I am at 1000 to 2500 elevation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.