Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

who still has a 660

This is a discussion on who still has a 660 within the Grizzly Talk forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; and why haven't you upgraded to the 700?...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Talk

Grizzly Talk Here we talk about our Grizzlys in general.

Beau is on a distinguished road
03-15-2010, 10:49 AM
who still has a 660

and why haven't you upgraded to the 700?
Beau is offlineReport Post

UpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond repute

03-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Why would I need to?
Ricochet Skid Plates & Rock Sliders
Superwinch ATV2300 w/Amsteel Blue
Mad Mike Clutch Mods 2 & 3 w/orange 2ndary spring
Plano Rear Box
Rotopax Fuel Pack
Tomahawk Front Bumber w/Rigid D2's

2009 Rhino 700 Black Special Edition
27in Sedona Rip Saw on ITP Black SS108 Wheels
Viper Max 4000 w/Amsteel Blue
Yoshimura RS-8 Muffler, K&N Filter, EZ Steer Power Steering
J Strong Roof w/lights & stereo
J Strong Full Windshield
J Strong Front & Rear Bumpers
J Strong Dual Battery Isolator

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population.
UpstateNYGrizz is offlineReport Post

131unlimited is a jewel in the rough131unlimited is a jewel in the rough131unlimited is a jewel in the rough

03-15-2010, 11:25 AM
I have an 07 660 that I bought used and like a lot.

Would I love to have a 700 with EPS? Sure, but it's just a toy.

I've got more important things to take care of and they come first, wife, kids, mortgage, etc...

One day- when a 09 700 with eps - is just considered an "old ATV" , and they are selling at good prices, I'll pick one up... ;)
131unlimited is offlineReport Post
Hold my beer watch this..

AKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond repute

03-15-2010, 11:27 AM
The differences between the two bikes are so vast that I don't even compare them...that being said, I still had a blast on my 660. It was even faster than my current 700 and it was all stock except for the 26 inch Mudlite XLs I put on it.

The 700 rides much better and is more stable than the 660...but if you never rode the 700 you wouldn't care because the 660 is an awesome quad!
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, Hunterworks Tri-Fire Plus CDI, Hunterworks Aluminum top, Uni filter, Ebay exhaust tip, Hunterworks full windshield, 26" Terracross tires on Series 7s, EPI Clutch Kit, 450 roller weights, Hunterworks Machined Sheave

Visit My Garage

Friends don't let friends moderate drunk!
AKMuddy is offlineReport Post

Logger1 is on a distinguished road

03-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Why, My 660 keeps up to the Jones on the trails just fine.
Logger1 is offlineReport Post

Beau is on a distinguished road
03-15-2010, 12:54 PM
just wondering, i have a 660 an all my friends do too, they were thinking about getting 700's but i love my 660. Just thought i would see who else loved there's, an whats the difference besides a few cc's and ps an fi to make me upgrade?

Last edited by Beau; 03-15-2010 at 12:55 PM..
Beau is offlineReport Post

UpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond repute

03-15-2010, 01:44 PM
To me, they are worth giving up a perfectly fine machine. I have an 02 an haven't had any issues with it. Gas sitting in it for extended periods is the only problem I had with not getting out there and riding. Stupid is as Stupid does. I didn't by my Grizz to drag race and I haven't been lacking in power anywhere I wanted to go, so CC's haven't been an issue. My grizz starts anytime I want it to, I get good throttle response when I need it, so FI although would be nice, can't see paying for it. The only item I would probably benifit from would be the steering, especially when I get hit with a good kickback. But I can't see spending money on a new/used machine when mine is paid off and works just fine. I will have to wait for SNIRT to find out if a stock 700 leaves me in the dust.
Ricochet Skid Plates & Rock Sliders
Superwinch ATV2300 w/Amsteel Blue
Mad Mike Clutch Mods 2 & 3 w/orange 2ndary spring
Plano Rear Box
Rotopax Fuel Pack
Tomahawk Front Bumber w/Rigid D2's

2009 Rhino 700 Black Special Edition
27in Sedona Rip Saw on ITP Black SS108 Wheels
Viper Max 4000 w/Amsteel Blue
Yoshimura RS-8 Muffler, K&N Filter, EZ Steer Power Steering
J Strong Roof w/lights & stereo
J Strong Full Windshield
J Strong Front & Rear Bumpers
J Strong Dual Battery Isolator

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population.
UpstateNYGrizz is offlineReport Post
Hold my beer watch this..

AKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond repute

03-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYGrizz View Post
To me, they are worth giving up a perfectly fine machine. I have an 02 an haven't had any issues with it. Gas sitting in it for extended periods is the only problem I had with not getting out there and riding. Stupid is as Stupid does. I didn't by my Grizz to drag race and I haven't been lacking in power anywhere I wanted to go, so CC's haven't been an issue. My grizz starts anytime I want it to, I get good throttle response when I need it, so FI although would be nice, can't see paying for it. The only item I would probably benefit from would be the steering, especially when I get hit with a good kickback. But I can't see spending money on a new/used machine when mine is paid off and works just fine. I will have to wait for SNIRT to find out if a stock 700 leaves me in the dust.
Conrad, the 700 will not leave you in the dust at all. Honestly, I think the power is about the same. Here is what I like about the 700 over the 660...

1. Power Steering - for obvious reasons and I don't need to explain much here. The "bump steering" is a huge improvement.

Now the other reasons I like the 700 more...

2. The shocks are placed outside the A-arms. This improves the documented "tippiness" of the 660.
3. Fuel tank moved under the seat. This lowers the center of gravity and improves ride in steep or rough terrain....additionally, reducing the "tippiness" over the 660
4. Seat comfort. Hands down the 700 is a lot more comfortable riding on long trail rides. This has to do with the power steering but also has to do with the improved seat feel.
5. Disc breaks. Huge improvement over the 660!!!
6. Fuel Injection...I never had an issue with my 660 starting down to -15f degrees. After that, it was a crap shoot but it usually would start. With the fuel injection, my 700 starts down to -25f degrees. After that, who cares!!! I am not going to be outside anyway.
7. Fuel Economy. The stock 700 gets noticeably better fuel economy over the stock 660. I have a couple mild mods done to my 700 and now I get about the same fuel mileage as I did with my stock 660...but it is more fun getting to
"empty" .
8. Improved clutch. The 700 has an improved stock clutch over the 660. It makes turning 26 inch tires easier with less power loss over the 660.
9. I like the storage compartment on the front fender of the 700. I know it's a small thing but it really improves the bike. I use that storage compartment on every single ride!!!

To be fair...a couple things I don't like about the new Grizzly

1. Seat length. The new 700 seat is more comfortable but noticeably shorter. I like the feel of the 700 seat but wished it came in the length of the 660 seat.
2. I like the 5 valve motor of the 660 better than the current 700. I wish they would have kept the 5 valve motor and just increased the size.

So there you have it...

I think both bikes are great and there is really no reason to upgrade unless you want to. The 660 will get you everywhere the 700 will so it's just a personal choice.
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, Hunterworks Tri-Fire Plus CDI, Hunterworks Aluminum top, Uni filter, Ebay exhaust tip, Hunterworks full windshield, 26" Terracross tires on Series 7s, EPI Clutch Kit, 450 roller weights, Hunterworks Machined Sheave

Visit My Garage

Friends don't let friends moderate drunk!
AKMuddy is offlineReport Post

10 point hunter is a name known to all10 point hunter is a name known to all10 point hunter is a name known to all10 point hunter is a name known to all10 point hunter is a name known to all10 point hunter is a name known to all

03-15-2010, 09:39 PM
My 02 660 is paid for and isn't giving me any problems I can't handle. I would like the fuel injection for the cold months but other than that it works fine. If I bought something I would keep the 02 and buy a Rhino.
10 point hunter is offlineReport Post

oldstyle is a glorious beacon of lightoldstyle is a glorious beacon of lightoldstyle is a glorious beacon of lightoldstyle is a glorious beacon of lightoldstyle is a glorious beacon of light

03-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Got 'em both. Nothing wrong with the 660, but I love the 700. The 660 has a more comfortable seat. The 700 has better brakes and snappy throttle response. Power steering is a nice perk too.

warj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to all
03-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Had an 04 660. Picked up a 700 for the EPS (all wheel drive and I can still steer - enough said) Wife loved the power steering, picked up second 700 with EPS, sold my 660 to my father.

Instantly he sold an 02 polaris and never looked back.

Both 660's and 700's are great. All 3 in mint condition and start everytime.
warj1990 is offlineReport Post

GrizzlyRebel87 will become famous soon enough

03-15-2010, 11:00 PM
I just got my Brand new 660 from a dealer here in Baton Rouge back in August 09. They had a few 08 660's left in crates still and I got a heck of a deal.... I love it and I wouldnt want to pay the extra for a fi or power steering, even though it would be nice.
GrizzlyRebel87 is offlineReport Post
RIP Mike Mayho

Mad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond repute

03-16-2010, 06:31 AM
you guy`s forgot to mention the 700 has better belt snorkel`s so u can go deeper stock with out getting water in the cvt.

Mike road a mean...
07 770 Green Grizzly: EHS/Barker Port/Polish w/1mm o/s valves,Trinity 734 BBK, Barker +4mm Stroker Crank, Stage 2 Raptor Hot Cam, Barker true dual exhaust, PC5 w/Auto Tune, EHS Airbox Setup, 2mm o/s Throttle Body by KDS, 25.5" Pit Bull Growlers, Owner of Mike`s Powerhouse Mods #2 and #3 (formerly coop45 mods).

GOD BLESS MIKE'S SOUL. HE WAS A GREAT FRIEND AND ASSET TO THIS SITE. SEE YOU WHEN I GET THERE BUDDY! JAMEY (AKA GEARSLAYER).
Mad Mike is offlineReport Post

kajunboy89 is on a distinguished road

03-16-2010, 07:34 AM
psh, 660s? i still have my 600!!! no problems with it whatsoever, and i still pull around new honda's like they're tonka toys. will be upgrading to a 700 after my boat, truck, wifeys car, jetski, and other boat are paid off :(
kajunboy89 is offlineReport Post
CRASH STUNT MEMBER

Thanked 1,709 Times in 1,181 Posts
desertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond repute

03-16-2010, 10:05 AM
The 660 is a true Yami Work horse and has done a heck of a job keeping up with most other quads. It will beat a 700 in a stright out drag but only given enought track.
They are a very dependable and reliable model never sell them short, it would be a big mistake!
OG/GROC Member #1
Thought of joining the Original Grizzly Roll Over Club? (OG/ GROC)
PM me and I'll tell you whats required to join.
All Grizzly's welcome!
desertdweller is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Talk

Search tags for this page
660 grizzly richocet skid plate
660yamaha
96 grizzly fuel

grizzly 660 extended a arms

grizzly 660 faster than raptor
grizzly 660 gets upgraded
grizzly 700 improvements over 660
is the 660 grizzly better than the 700 grizzly

ktm 600 faster than yamaha 700

tracks for yamaha grizzly 660#gsc.tab
used yamaha grizzly 700 for sale
yamaha atv 660 grizzly forum
yamaha grizzly 660 storage compartments

yamaha grizzly 660 used airbox ebay

yamaha grizzly front storage compartment
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.