Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Chinese 700 Grizzly Knockoff

This is a discussion on Chinese 700 Grizzly Knockoff within the Grizzly Talk forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; We were headed home yesterday when some woman flags me down to help a stuck atv in this 100 yard long mudhole that 999 out ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Talk

Grizzly Talk Here we talk about our Grizzlys in general.

Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,119 Posts
wayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond repute

07-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Chinese 700 Grizzly Knockoff

We were headed home yesterday when some woman flags me down to help a stuck atv in this 100 yard long mudhole that 999 out of every 1000 people that looks at, decides to go around. I've been thru it with the 660 and 700, never could make it thru with the 400 Kody. My friend made it with a snorkled BF 750 but I've never seen anyone else that didn't have to be winched out. Don't mean people haven't been thru it, just never saw it at this time of the year. Theres a hard frozen bottom maybe 5 feet down and a few feet of muck then a slurry that stops you from raising the front end of the bike so you have to work thru it flat. So people with a belt and not snorkled, that's what usually gets them. So I line up to pull the one machine out and a guy jumps off the bank and they both manage to get it going and out. Little did I realize that I'd just been robbed of the most elusive towing trophy in alaska. The chinese knockoff of a popo They all were driving knockoffs, here's the 700 Grizzly, they be non efi and if they hadn't told me it was a copy of the grizz I never would have figured it out.

Here is the knockoff SXS. They were really talking up these knockoffs. They said the sxs knockoff has been SMOKING RZRs in races. The sxs went around the mudpit but the other knockoffs very much impressed me by getting thru it. They had a knockoff popo, grizz,kawa and susuki. The grizz was made by Hi-Sun and the Kawa by I think Odin, can't remember the names. They sell in anchorage for $3-4 thousand below the stock price of atvs they are copying. Maybe in 20 years they will make the best atvs. I remember when I was a kid in the 1950s, anything that was made in japan was absolute lowpriced junk.
One of them was burning oil, maybe they all were. Also notice the strength and fit and finish of the plastics

Defender of the Yamaha Grizzly
wayupnorth is offlineReport Post

Bentonmike will become famous soon enough

07-18-2010, 03:23 PM
I've learned my lesson on the Chinese stuff. Everytime my boys wanted to ride, I had to work on them. And I mean EVERYTIME.
The other thing to remember is resale, around here you can't give a chinese 4 wheeler away. Maybe they are getting better, but I don't plan on finding out anytime soon.
Bentonmike is offlineReport Post

Grizzly4fun is a splendid one to beholdGrizzly4fun is a splendid one to beholdGrizzly4fun is a splendid one to beholdGrizzly4fun is a splendid one to beholdGrizzly4fun is a splendid one to beholdGrizzly4fun is a splendid one to beholdGrizzly4fun is a splendid one to beholdGrizzly4fun is a splendid one to behold

07-18-2010, 04:10 PM
O.K. I'll admit it. I bought a 110 chinese quad for my two kids to use. Couldn't afford the Grizzly for them. They won't need it but for several years before needing bigger, I expect. But then I can get them a Grizzly.
I got what I paid for. It's a budget quad for sure. Been running fine for me and I do the maint. on it. Will probably disassemble and use to make a go-cart later. Budget or not, I'll wait til I can afford the Grizzly 550-700 before I buy a new one for me.

26" ITP Mud Lite XTR's
Frt: 26x9R12
Rear: 26x11R12
Black ITP ss108's
Grizzly4fun is offlineReport Post

wayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond reputewayupnorth has a reputation beyond repute

07-18-2010, 04:30 PM
I wouldn't buy one either, just saying in 20 years they could outdo the japanese. If you're old enough ya remember when ALL jap was crap.

I Mucked up AGAIN?!?!

~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute~Muckboy has a reputation beyond repute

07-18-2010, 05:07 PM
I got a 110cc for my son...used, couldnt get it more than 10 feet. after that fiasco, I got a new one and that had the same issue. Heck with it , I sold that too and got him a CanAm90 and never looked back.
You get what you pay for. They may have fun and they may work now. Give them some break in time....let them try and get parts and support...

PASS!
GC/OG GROC MEMBER #2

~Muckboy is offlineReport Post
CRASH STUNT MEMBER

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,180 Posts
desertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond repute

07-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Boy that Grizz knockoff sure looks ugly and cheap!
Sad we even have to see this crap in the states but I would exspect to see lots more. As long as there is a dummy who'll buy them.
OG/GROC Member #1
Thought of joining the Original Grizzly Roll Over Club? (OG/ GROC)
PM me and I'll tell you whats required to join.
All Grizzly's welcome!
desertdweller is offlineReport Post

Bill Nobles is a jewel in the roughBill Nobles is a jewel in the roughBill Nobles is a jewel in the rough

07-19-2010, 06:04 AM
I bought one of those Kazuma Mammoth 800, Knock off of a Polaris Ranger, Boy was that a piece of crap. I did 3000 worth of damages in 3 months. Couldnt get nobody to work on it. Paid 7000 for it and turned around and sold it for 2500
GROC Member #21
Trinity 734 BBK
Hot Rod +5mm stroker crank
Hot Cam Stage 2
K&N air fliter
Dynojet PC5 w/ autotune
Full Muzzy Exhaust
Dynatek CDI
Highlifter 2inch lift
Gorilla Axles and Radiator Relocator
Warn 3000 winch w/ HL front bumper
Richocet Skid plates
Street-Glo whites/dual 4" Leds
30" Silverbacks on 14s
1 " wheel spacers
EPI Extreme Clutch kit/white spring, 1.5 shim
Submarine Snorkles
Car horn for the Hondas
Bill Nobles is offlineReport Post

swdockter is just really niceswdockter is just really niceswdockter is just really niceswdockter is just really nice

07-19-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Muckboy View Post
I got a 110cc for my son...used, couldnt get it more than 10 feet. after that fiasco, I got a new one and that had the same issue. Heck with it , I sold that too and got him a CanAm90 and never looked back.
You get what you pay for. They may have fun and they may work now. Give them some break in time....let them try and get parts and support...

PASS!

My brother bought the SUNL Chinese 110cc POS. His boy ran it one time and smoked the clutch, I mean smoked it. It would not move at all. He knows I wrench on stuff so he asked me if I wanted it. I took it and after about a month I decided to tear it down. Drained the oil and pulled the clutch basket....hahahahha.....there wasn't s speck of clutch material on any of the clutches. They were all down to the metal. Well, I took the clutch plates to a honda dealer and he matched it up to a honda 90 or something like that and I was on my way. I put it back together and it's been runner ever since. Problem with these things are you have to always look behind you so you can find the parts that fall off.

After reading a ton of info on ATV connection website, there appears to be Chinese POS experts . They say before you start them you need to drain the crappy Chinese oil and remove all bolts and loktite them down. I would agree 100%. Believe it or not, it still runs. It sat for a year so now it needs the carb rebuilt....but it runs.

I have to be honest, its better than my neighbors poopoo 90 they have for their kid. What a POS that thing is. Broken frame, chain grooved into the frame, oil reservoir mounting tabs broken off, ignition throttle safety failed and the list goes on.junk! So I guess Im saying Id buy a little Chinese quad before a poopoo
'02 Gizzly 660, ITP T7 Beadlocks on 26" OP Bighorns, Greaseless, UTVCrap Machined Sheave, Dynojet (DJ155 w/#45 pilot), DizGrizz RX-5032 K&N Mod, 2" Stainless Tip ... dats it
swdockter is offlineReport Post

UpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2010, 09:01 AM
I got one of those SUNL 110 for my son. He has ridden it for 3 years. Still runs. Just cleaned the carb for it this year and charged the battery. He still gets on it, even though he is a little big for it. Heck, I've even gotten on it and rode it around. If you take care of it, like anything, it can last. I bought it figuring it would be a throwaway bike, suprisingly I was wrong.
Ricochet Skid Plates & Rock Sliders
Superwinch ATV2300 w/Amsteel Blue
Mad Mike Clutch Mods 2 & 3 w/orange 2ndary spring
Plano Rear Box
Rotopax Fuel Pack
Tomahawk Front Bumber w/Rigid D2's

2009 Rhino 700 Black Special Edition
27in Sedona Rip Saw on ITP Black SS108 Wheels
Viper Max 4000 w/Amsteel Blue
Yoshimura RS-8 Muffler, K&N Filter, EZ Steer Power Steering
J Strong Roof w/lights & stereo
J Strong Full Windshield
J Strong Front & Rear Bumpers
J Strong Dual Battery Isolator

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population.
UpstateNYGrizz is offlineReport Post

Helmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant futureHelmut has a brilliant future
01-27-2011, 09:18 PM
What happened to the pics of the knockoffs? I can't see them.
Helmut is offlineReport Post

01-27-2011, 10:02 PM
I only get so much space for piks on the one site so I had to remove piks to add more. I got another site now with unlimited space. Check back tomorrow and I"ll see If I can have the piks back up.

Moab Aficionado

Gusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2011, 10:57 PM
That Chinese crap is why I bought my daughter a Yamaha Blaster.

Seen too many problems with the China bikes. Love the Jap bikes.

Dino Bravo has a brilliant futureDino Bravo has a brilliant futureDino Bravo has a brilliant futureDino Bravo has a brilliant futureDino Bravo has a brilliant futureDino Bravo has a brilliant futureDino Bravo has a brilliant futureDino Bravo has a brilliant futureDino Bravo has a brilliant futureDino Bravo has a brilliant futureDino Bravo has a brilliant future
01-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Can't wait for the Walmart 700 eps ! LOL !
2009 550eps warn 2500xt , 26x12 mudlite xl , ITP 212's , EPI clutch , with stall , 1.5mm shim mod , hd front brush guard , moose racing rear bumper, piaa 510s , HMF swamp xl , UNI filter , EHS lid , Dynajet pc5
Dino Bravo is offlineReport Post

big7 has a brilliant futurebig7 has a brilliant futurebig7 has a brilliant futurebig7 has a brilliant futurebig7 has a brilliant futurebig7 has a brilliant futurebig7 has a brilliant futurebig7 has a brilliant futurebig7 has a brilliant futurebig7 has a brilliant futurebig7 has a brilliant future
01-28-2011, 12:09 AM
Junk x Junk = 100% Junk
Big7 Machined Clutch 1 & 2 - 18 gram greaseless weights - EPI Purple Spring - ATV MODS stainless steel exaust tip - Hanger Mod - Pod Mod - Vision Buckshots - ITP Terracross - Warn 2.5 - Big7 receiver hitch
big7 is offlineReport Post

Thanked 1,062 Times in 664 Posts
AUSSIE BATTLER has a reputation beyond reputeAUSSIE BATTLER has a reputation beyond reputeAUSSIE BATTLER has a reputation beyond reputeAUSSIE BATTLER has a reputation beyond reputeAUSSIE BATTLER has a reputation beyond reputeAUSSIE BATTLER has a reputation beyond reputeAUSSIE BATTLER has a reputation beyond reputeAUSSIE BATTLER has a reputation beyond reputeAUSSIE BATTLER has a reputation beyond reputeAUSSIE BATTLER has a reputation beyond reputeAUSSIE BATTLER has a reputation beyond repute
Location: TOWNSVILLE , AUSTRAILIA When injustus becomes law,Resistance becomes duty !!

01-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4fun View Post
O.K. I'll admit it. I bought a 110 chinese quad for my two kids to use. Couldn't afford the Grizzly for them. They won't need it but for several years before needing bigger, I expect. But then I can get them a Grizzly.
I got what I paid for. It's a budget quad for sure. Been running fine for me and I do the maint. on it. Will probably disassemble and use to make a go-cart later. Budget or not, I'll wait til I can afford the Grizzly 550-700 before I buy a new one for me.
GIVE UR SELF AN UPPERCUT MAN NEXT TIME DONT BUY RUBBISH !!
AUSSIE BATTLER is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Talk

Search tags for this page
700cc chinese atv
chinese atv 700
chinese atv forum
chinese made atv reviews
hisun 700 utv review
hisun atv problems

hisun atv review

hisun quad review
hisun utv reviews

kazuma mammoth 800 reviews

kazuma mammoth 800 utv reviews
knock off 4 wheelers

knock off atv

knock off atv brands
knockoff atv
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.