Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Grizz 660 vent hose

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Dustyroy25 
#1 ·
Ok fellas I had gas coming out of my vent hose that is now up on the handle bars due to snorkeling. I unloaded it off trailer. But never seen this before. Do y'all have any ideas why this happened and is it gonna hurt my grizz

#3 ·
I'm not exactly sure cuz I havent been home yet to check it my brother called and told me but if I had to guess without looking at it. It's probably the vent line to the carb

#4 ·
First off you NEVER trailer these 660s without turning off the petcock. Especially with snorkles. Air pressure will will lift the needle out off the seat and gas will either drain or fill the carb and then the engine and airbox.
I assume you didn't run the bowl drainline up the handlebars and are talking about a carb ventline. Turn it off EVERYTIME you trailer it, Common OPERATOR ERROR:icon_ goofy:

#9 ·
I will check the petcock for leak when I get off work and oil but the airbox is clean (no gas) and yeah he said it spit gas on his hand

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.