Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Thank you Yamaha!

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Hebs 
#1 ·
So im ridin with my freind today, me on my 700 Grizz and him on his 700 Special Edition, so we enter this stream, its about 2.5-3ft deep, me freind in front and ne following, he goes up and out, i go to follow, i go up... but over, the nose comes right up and as the quad falls back i see the check engine light and the quad dies, SPLASH, i hit the water, then the quad lands on me, pinning me under the water, and know, i have no clue how i did it, but i flipped the quad off of me by myself, i was able to push it up onto its side, then onto it's wheels, now, its 25 degrees out, im soaking wet, and the grizzly's engine is full of water... nooo good, tried cranking once, then stopped trying, hooked up to my freinds grizz, and the 4 mile tow began, by the time we reached the truck, i was told i was starting to go into hypothermic shock, i couldnt move my feet or the bottom of my legs, so i sat in the truck with the heat blaring to warm up, but now i am ok, my grizzly, i drained 7.5 qts of oil/water out, pulled the plug, cranked a few times, put the drain plug back in then put oil in it, cranked with the plug out, then put the plug back in, fired right up and idled normally. I drove it around and it seems fine, but its starting to hit me know that... what if i wasnt able to get the quad off of me, what if it pinned my arms, i could be dead right now, i definately took having fun on these things for granted, i forgot how hurt you can get.

#3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (04ep3hatch @ February 17, 2008, 6:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i go to follow, i go up... but over, the nose comes right up and as the quad falls back i see the check engine light and the quad dies, SPLASH, i hit the water, then the quad lands on me, pinning me under the water, and know, i have no clue how i did it, but i flipped the quad off of me by myself, i was able to push it up onto its side, then onto it's wheels, now, its 25 degrees out, im soaking wet, and the grizzly's engine is full of water...[/b]

'04ep3hatch', did you hit something for the GRIZZ to flip over......??? that sounds really strange that the nose would come right up................ happy to hear to your safe..................

#7 ·
Wow that will suck the skivvies right up into the cheeks. glad you are OK. Something to think about. Ride your machine a little, enough to get it warm and drop the oil again and replace the filter. Look at the oil to make sure that it is not milky. Oil and filter are cheap compared to engine rebuild / replacement. Change the oil and filter again about half as soon as you normally would.

#8 ·
Wow crazy story. Glad your ok. Ive been riding quads and dirtbikes all my life, im talking sence i was 3. Sence around 7 years old i could only count up to a handfull of times when a week went by without me riding and still till this day i get suprised with my machines. Stuff beneath water and stuff under snow can be very unperdictable. I got bucked right off my quad yesterday going real slow over a bunch of logs covered in snow. I went right over the right part of the front rack. Crazy stuff well good luck with youre grizz.

#9 ·
Glad to hear your OK, I know how strong you can get when things go bad, I got pinned in a water hole under my old Yami 3 wheeler years ago, pushed it off so hard my buddy said it almost cleared the road and went down the bank. It was all the two of us could do to get it back on the trail. Bad things seem to happen REAL fast. Ride safe, it only takes a split second to get bitten.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.