Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Spider Webs

5K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  reogem 
#1 ·
OK
I cant be the only one that's tired of getting spider webs in the face this summer. They have really been active this summer in the woods that i ride and unless the sun is right, you don't see them until you are plastered. I tried putting an old CB antenna on the front rack and it helped some. Any other ideas?

#3 ·
I've seen a guy with the antenna. It is the best option because anything any bigger or wider and it could obstruct your view or be a distraction...

#13 ·
we call that the webmaster 2000

#4 ·
Ummmmm dont ride hahahah helmet or windshield like mentioned above

#5 ·
X3 on helmet. In addition to spider web protection, they have this nifty side benefit of keeping you from scrambling your brain in the event of a crash. lol

Sent from my Grizzly Central mobile communication device.

#8 ·
Propane flame thrower

I agree on the helmet I should start wearing one myself.

#9 ·
Let the other guy lead.

#10 ·
I just zip tie a sapling to my bumper.

#11 ·
Cheap fix.

Find a branch or small tree with a bunch of offshoots. Pull all the leaves off and stick it in your front rack/bumper/etc. Instant spider web catcher. It's worked well for me.

#12 ·
Yep like they said get a small branch and zip tie it to the bumper/rack. They've been horrible here in the woods too. It's been dusty lately so u can eat the spider webs or let someone else lead and eat the dust lol.

#14 ·
If this thread gets to the PoPo sight, there will be PoPos on the trail, with Dish receivers zip tied to the front rack.

Reactions: okbear
#15 ·
Then they can watch a show while waiting for a grizzly to come by and hook up a strap.

Sorry, can't help it

#16 ·
Move to Nevada, we don't have those here! :rofl:

#17 ·
When a spider gets on me, you will see a funky chicken break dance occur, trail side.

#19 ·
While looking around I found overhills old thread about spider webs on the trails. Never had the problem here but when riding the HM this fall hammerhead was breaking a trail of spider webs.
Here is his helmet covered with webs.

(Plus I wanted to try out the new drag and drop feature)

Attachments

Reactions: okbear
#20 ·
That's insane, now I know why I wear a full faced helmet.

#22 ·
I understand that Halloween is a big deal in Man WV. We were there in September and the local folks were already decorating for the occasion.
I can't remember which trail had the spidey's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.