Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

New Grizzly Owner

2K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  Aleroux 
#1 ·
well i have been a honda guy since i was 12 years old however it is so hard to stay with them when they don't evolve. i have raced and ridden dirt bikes and atvs since i was 5. always owned hondas. but somehow i find myself with a raptor 700 and a new 2016 grizzly in the garage. so here i am, brand new to the yamaha world. the biggest reason for switching it up was the want for a big bore machine for hunting and trails (raptor is the dune machine) and all my inlays and family have polaris. don't want to offend anybody but those machines are horrible. yes they have good power......when they are not in the shop. i asked multiple mechanics what the best ate on the market was today and they almost all said grizzly. i have never wanted a belt driven machine, thought they were about as reliable as the polaris. so this will be my first chance on a big bore. so far i will say i like the ride, still breaking it in so i can't say a whole lot on the power yet. i put a quad boss rear seat on for my wife. i will say that i am not sure how i like the short wheel base. when she is not he back i have very little grip turning on dirt. i just went up 2 settings on the rear suspension so we will see if that helps. i am also wanting to put a winch in on, so maybe that will help with weight on the front.

we will see how this new venture works out. hope the hype is worth it!

#2 ·
Welcome aboard. You will not be disappointed with your purchase.

#4 ·
Hey...Chenoweth122..Welcome to GC from Wisconsin.

Riding 2up on a Grizz is no fun. Jacking up the rear shocks helps. Maybe some extra weight on the front rack might help.

Best answer that I came up with is "My Queen if you want to ride you have to have your own machine I'm not riding 2up". That comment was and continues to be very hard on the cash. My Queen loves her own machine and is a pretty skilled rider. So when I need to rip it up I'm not getting that bitchin in my ear or fist in the ribs. If I hit the cabbage I'm not risking hurting anyone but myself.

Reactions: it400
#6 ·
Welcome 2 GC, congrats on the toys.

#7 ·
Welcome to GC. You won't be disapointed in the Griz or the raptor (from what I hear). I was a Honda guy as well and didn't know about the Yamaha cvt. I have since learned that it is as reliable a system as they come. It's also easy to service and mod for lower end power when you put some heavier meats under that beast. Pics are good.

#8 ·
Welcome from Tennessee!!

#10 ·
X2 on what Reogem said, I ride an 05 660 S.E. and my better half ridea an 07 450 S.E. both machines have been faultless. Welcome G.C. from Arizona. Ride safe and enjoy! P.S. let her pick her own machine when the time comes.

#11 ·
Welcome to GC from Missouri.

#12 ·
Thanks all. trust me i tried the 2nd machine for a long time. When i was on my 07 Rubicon i actually purchased another one for her. granite its not the grizzly by any means but in her words, "she likes cuddling with me on the back"..... so i will limit that 2 up riding for sure. we ride the dunes a lot on the coast. i am on the raptor and she can put around with the kids on the griz.

#13 ·
Hi Everyone, I am new to this group and recently purchased a 2008 Grizzly 700EPS. I have had it for a couple of months now. I have put 300 miles on it and now it has 1200 miles. It just started pulling to the left the other day while I was out hunting. It pulls really hard to the left. It will do it for awile then all of a sudden it quits. It does it in 2WD and 4WD. I am no mechanic and wondered if anyone else ever had this happen to their machine.

#14 ·
Welcome to GC. Start up a new threat under the appropriate heading and ask your question there. We're happy to help you but don't want to crash this thread with unrelated content.

#15 ·
Welcome from Colorado. x-2

#16 ·
:gcrules: Welcome aboard!

#18 ·
I had a Honda and many other brands too. The only 2 quads that can compare is an outty 1000 or a brute. They are more peppy and geared more toward trails. THATS IT!! A Grizz (in my opinion) has them all beat in every other aspect! I used to like my Brute, but I had NOT ridden a Grizz so I just dismissed Yammy. BIG MISTAKE you will LOVE your Grizz as I do!

Good luck and Welcome to the Yammy family!! If you need any info or advise just post here in the appropriate Forum here, these people are great and will help!

Again WELCOME!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.