Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

reverse light blinking

This is a discussion on reverse light blinking within the Grizzly Tech Tips forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; I have a 07 grizzly 450 4x4 sometimes when im warming it up in neutral or park the reverse light blinks. What does that mean ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Tech Tips

Grizzly Tech Tips Technical articles, tips, tricks and advice from the experts and your fellow Grizzly owners.

jmann is on a distinguished road
10-05-2009, 08:14 PM
reverse light blinking

I have a 07 grizzly 450 4x4 sometimes when im warming it up in neutral or park the reverse light blinks. What does that mean is it some kind of code? thanx
jmann is offlineReport Post
CRASH STUNT MEMBER

Thanked 1,709 Times in 1,181 Posts
desertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmann View Post
I have a 07 grizzly 450 4x4 sometimes when im warming it up in neutral or park the reverse light blinks. What does that mean is it some kind of code? thanx
Check to see if your shifter might be a grizzly hair out of alignment?
OG/GROC Member #1
Thought of joining the Original Grizzly Roll Over Club? (OG/ GROC)
PM me and I'll tell you whats required to join.
All Grizzly's welcome!
desertdweller is offlineReport Post

10-05-2009, 08:25 PM
It doesn't seem to be, it goes in every other gear fine. The light blinks continuously until u shift into another gear.
CRASH STUNT MEMBER

desertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Quote:
It doesn't seem to be, it goes in every other gear fine. The light blinks continuously until u shift into another gear.
I don't know buddy Will it come on in Revers?
OG/GROC Member #1
All Grizzly's welcome!

10-05-2009, 08:44 PM
yes it is continually light while bike is in reverse
CRASH STUNT MEMBER

10-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Quote:
yes it is continually light while bike is in reverse
Well buddy It works when it's in Revers and blinks in Park and Nutral both of witch are on either side of Revers. Sure sounds like alignement!
Hey I'm not much of a mechanic but it's a thought!
Welcome to the GC jmann incase I hadn't told you yet.
Good luck on all the great stuff your going to get into here!
OG/GROC Member #1
All Grizzly's welcome!
The Following User Says Thank You to desertdweller For This Useful Post:
jmann (10-05-2009)

10-05-2009, 08:55 PM
thanx for advice ill look into it

warj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to allwarj1990 is a name known to all
10-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Warming it up? Idle or hitting the gas?

The ECU knows what gear the bike is in and it may be a reminder, rev. limit to prevent from blowing the motor.

I read it somewhere - but have to look it up again to be sure.
warj1990 is offlineReport Post

rob350 has a brilliant futurerob350 has a brilliant futurerob350 has a brilliant futurerob350 has a brilliant futurerob350 has a brilliant futurerob350 has a brilliant futurerob350 has a brilliant futurerob350 has a brilliant futurerob350 has a brilliant futurerob350 has a brilliant futurerob350 has a brilliant future

10-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Anytime i give my bike some decent throttle in neutral or reverse my reverse light usually start blinking.

IDK, has always seemed common/not going to cause future problems.
HL Temp Gauge - Hand/Thumb Warmers
Amsoil 10W-40 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil
rob350 is offlineReport Post

pv110 is on a distinguished road
11-08-2009, 10:04 PM
I think it sounds like the problem many people have had including me. You need to change the reverse sensor. I have an 07 700 and it's currently doing so. I've done lots of research and the solution is to have that sucker replaced part # 3GB-82540-01-00 and 90430-10148-00.
pv110 is offlineReport Post

vernonredneck is a name known to allvernonredneck is a name known to allvernonredneck is a name known to allvernonredneck is a name known to allvernonredneck is a name known to allvernonredneck is a name known to all

11-09-2009, 12:10 AM
I would change it now because when it starts to come on when driveing down the trail it turns on the reverse rev limmiter witch is a pain in the a$$ when you are climming or in the mud when the engeine cuts out
Green 07 griz 700 eps 2 brothers pipe, skid plates, winch,27itp589s,black112s,hand/thumb warmers,gun racks,fender flairs,and custom tow strap rack. Wifs quad cammo 07 griz 700 eps skid plates,winch,27in swamp lights on itp whls,rear cargo box,custom tow strap racks,andhand/thumb warmers.
vernonredneck is offlineReport Post

UpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond reputeUpstateNYGrizz has a reputation beyond repute

11-09-2009, 09:00 AM
I got the same thing happening on my 2004 660. I was told that it is another warning mechanism to tell you that you are not in a drive gear. Mine doesn't start until I rev the engine while warming it up.
UpstateNYGrizz is offlineReport Post

buckyfastdraw will become famous soon enoughbuckyfastdraw will become famous soon enough

11-09-2009, 11:33 PM
2x UpstateNYGrizz. Mine is an 07 450 and when I am running it when it is in park and I give it sustained throttle where it uses the bigger jets, the R light flashes to tell me I am not in a gear yet. It always stops when the Grizz is put into gear. If you are just running it in your garage, just stand up and shake the quad forward and back like you might if you are checking out the shocks and the flashing will usually go off. Yamaha thinks that when the engine revs at a driving speed, the danged grizz ought to be in a driving gear. I have never done anything about this on my bike, it happens all the time in winter when I am just trying to give the engine a little run time and I am not going anywhere. So, put that grizz in gear soon and have fun. By the way, welcome to the site.
buckyfastdraw is offlineReport Post

sstroh90 is on a distinguished road

06-03-2010, 08:40 PM
this is not a problem it is telling you that you are needlessly revving it and it will stop when you put it in gear, it freaked me out the first time it did it on mine too,
sstroh90 is offlineReport Post

Marcopolo is on a distinguished road
08-11-2011, 04:28 AM
Sorry to bump an old thread, but have the same make and year ATV as the OP.

My reverse light blinks pretty much constantly. 10 seconds after starting, the light flashes regardless of whether or not I am reving. I have adjusted the idling to the point that it dies if I am not on the gas to see if that could be the cause, so can't see it being an idling/reving issue.
It doesn't matter what gear I am in. The light doesn't go off when I change gear. The only thing that does turn the blinking off is to turn the engine off. I turn it back on again and the light starts flashing after 10 seconds.

The bike runs great and top speed it 48mph (everything is as standard) which is more than enough for me. It starts first time, every time. I can do 100 miles to a tank. I can tow a trailer with nealry 2 ton load without any issues at all - I barely notice I am towing!
There is no damage to the bike at all, no rust, no cracks, no leaks, everything is good. There doesn't appear to be any negative affects to this warning light. But this blinking light is doing my head in!!! It has done it since I got it about a month ago. Don't know how long it has been going on before that though.

I have had a look at replacing the nuetral switch and gasket, but I have heard that doesn't always cure the problem. How would I find out exactly what the problem was? I don't want to spend money of a fix, only to find out I replaced a part that wasn't faulty, then have to pay out for another fix, to find that part was ok as well... That could go on forever. Or should I just stick some black insulation tape over the 'R' light and call it a day???
Marcopolo is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Tech Tips

Search tags for this page
07 big bear 400 reverse light flashing
2003 yamaha grizzly 660 reverse light flashing
2007 yamaha grizzly 350 reverse light flashing
350 kodiak reverse light blinking
flashing reverse 2007 yamaha grizzly
grizzly 350 reverse light flashing
reverse light blinking on 2004 yamaha grizzly
reverse light flashes on my yamaha 4wheeler
reverse light flashing on yamaha grizzly

reverse light flashing yamaha grizzly

yamaha atv flashing reverse light
yamaha grizzly 350 reverse light flashing
yamaha grizzly 660 blinking reverse light
yamaha grizzly reverse light flashes

yamaha grizzly reverse light flashing

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.