Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Winch rocker switch and wireing

This is a discussion on Winch rocker switch and wireing within the Grizzly Tech Tips forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; HEy all, I am having an issue with my winch wireing. The previous owner has an automotive blade style fuse wired in between the winch ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Tech Tips

Grizzly Tech Tips Technical articles, tips, tricks and advice from the experts and your fellow Grizzly owners.

John Hockbein is on a distinguished road
11-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Winch rocker switch and wireing

HEy all,

I am having an issue with my winch wireing. The previous owner has an automotive blade style fuse wired in between the winch and the battery. There is no selinoid. the fuse is a 30 amp fuse and I have an A200 warn winch. the wheeler can't pull it's self up a ramp onto the bed of a truck without blowing the 30 am fuse. I was wonderig if I can just remove the fuse portion and wire it directly to the battery? I was also wondering if I can use a larger fuse without causing any issues and also wondering what everyone uses for rocker switches. Should I be thinking about replacing all the wireing with some sort of after market switch?

Thanks.
John
ice fishing work horse
John Hockbein is offlineReport Post

jake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond repute
11-15-2010, 08:57 PM
you need to get a solenoid, how is going to go in and out.
jake72 is online nowReport Post
CRASH STUNT MEMBER

Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,184 Posts
desertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond reputedesertdweller has a reputation beyond repute

11-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Better yet why can't you just ride the Grizzly up into the truck with a ramp?
If you use a bigger fuse them the wire can handel it may fry your wire rather then blow the fuse.
A solenoid will help out a lot.
Good Luck
OG/GROC Member #1
Thought of joining the Original Grizzly Roll Over Club? (OG/ GROC)
PM me and I'll tell you whats required to join.
All Grizzly's welcome!
desertdweller is offlineReport Post
DJ

Thanked 1,856 Times in 1,467 Posts
AZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond repute

11-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Google "warn A2000" for solenoid info. There was a recall involved. This winch has been discontinued but updates are avail for the A2000. Contact warn for proper wiring info ect.
08 Camo 700EPS, 26" BH OGs on Blk 108's, 1" frnt whl spcrs, Elka Stg 2, RDC 2" lift , Rhino axels, EHS Bullet Box & lid mod w/K&N, Dyna FS, HMF Swamp Exh, Coop45 sheave, greaseless wts, purple spring, Yami US HD frt bumper, Bison Hunter rear bumper, ViperMax 3500 w/syn line, ATVrocks skids & Rock Sliders, Rox risers & Solex tapered quad bars, Roto Pax, PIAA Intense White H4's, Plano 1510 rear box.
AZ08Grizz is online nowReport Post

JNelson is a splendid one to beholdJNelson is a splendid one to beholdJNelson is a splendid one to beholdJNelson is a splendid one to beholdJNelson is a splendid one to beholdJNelson is a splendid one to beholdJNelson is a splendid one to behold

11-16-2010, 11:56 AM
I think your winch will pull 50 - 150 amps under regular use. Much higher when put under full load. It doesn't surprise me that you would blow a 30 amp fuse.

I looked at the wiring instructions at Warn dot com for your model and didn't see any inline fuses.

Jeff
B-Line Control Suspension, Penland Exhaust, Power Commander III Fuel Optimizer, Dynatek CDI Controller, EPI Clutch kit, Rath Racing Front Sway Bar, EHS Air Box Mod, Thumb/Grip/Seat Warmers, Horn, Bottle holder, Grip Donuts, Warn 3k with remote and synthetic wire, Moose Hand Guards, Mud lights/ATR's/Outlaw Tires, ITP Rims, Tamarack Trunk, Fuel Pak, ATV Rocks Skid Plates, 2r Foot Pegs and Rails.

Red = Provided above and beyond support
JNelson is offlineReport Post

jake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond reputejake72 has a reputation beyond repute
11-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNelson View Post
I think your winch will pull 50 - 150 amps under regular use. Much higher when put under full load. It doesn't surprise me that you would blow a 30 amp fuse.

I looked at the wiring instructions at Warn dot com for your model and didn't see any inline fuses.

Jeff
there is no inline fuse they had older style solenoid which you need. only other option would be to run jumper cables straight from battery, then you could reverse cables on winch for in out operation and diconnect them easy.

11-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hockbein View Post
HEy all,

I am having an issue with my winch wireing. The previous owner has an automotive blade style fuse wired in between the winch and the battery. There is no selinoid. the fuse is a 30 amp fuse and I have an A200 warn winch. the wheeler can't pull it's self up a ramp onto the bed of a truck without blowing the 30 am fuse. I was wonderig if I can just remove the fuse portion and wire it directly to the battery? I was also wondering if I can use a larger fuse without causing any issues and also wondering what everyone uses for rocker switches. Should I be thinking about replacing all the wireing with some sort of after market switch?

Thanks.
John
google warn replacement solenoid warn a2000 winch. cheap cycle has them for 37.14

John Hockbein is on a distinguished road
11-16-2010, 02:03 PM
thanks for all the great info guys. I can let the winch out and pull it back in, with the 30amp fuse when using the plow, but if you tax the winch at all it will blow the fuse. I figured it needed a selinoid of some sort rather than a fuse. I will look into one. I really appreciate all the great info.

John
ice fishing work horse
John Hockbein is offlineReport Post

lesn8r has a spectacular aura aboutlesn8r has a spectacular aura about

11-16-2010, 04:35 PM
also, be aware that Warn calls their solenoid a "Contactor" for some reason.

Cheers,
Leslie

If you can't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
lesn8r is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Tech Tips

Search tags for this page

how to hook a warn a2000 winch up to my grizzly four wheeler

how to wire a four wheeler einch

how to wire a kfi winch switch

how to wire a toggle switch for a winch

how to wire a winch with a toggle switch

kfi winch why no inline fuse
switch for 4 wheeler winch

warn a2000 atv winch wiring diagram

warn a2000 complete wiring diagram where does the green wire go from solonoid

warn a2000 wiring diagram

warn atv winch

warn atv winch wiring diagram

warn winch rocker switch wiring

wiring diagram for a atv plow rocker switch

wiring kit for warn a2000 winch

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.