Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Fuel Gauge

This is a discussion on Fuel Gauge within the Grizzly Tech Tips forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; Last night I removed some old gas out of the tank. Sadly I haven't been able to ride much and that's the reason for the ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Tech Tips

Grizzly Tech Tips Technical articles, tips, tricks and advice from the experts and your fellow Grizzly owners.

Norseman is on a distinguished road

07-23-2009, 07:36 AM
Fuel Gauge

Last night I removed some old gas out of the tank. Sadly I haven't been able to ride much and that's the reason for the old gas. After I pumped most of the old gas out, I put in one gallon of new gas. My question is, at what point should the gas gauge register fuel in the tank. After putting in 1 gallon, I had no bars and it was blinking. Any thoughts? I guess I would be a bit surprised that it would blink when there is still a gallon in the tank. I can't imagine that I would have damaged anything with the syphon hose in the tank. It's a very light duty, plyable hose that just dangled in the tank. I don't think this is the fuel gauge issue that everyone else has talked about. The gauge has been working properly since day one. Just curious if it truly shows empty even with 1 gallon in the tank. Any thoughts? Thanks.
DJ

Thanked 1,851 Times in 1,463 Posts
AZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond repute

07-23-2009, 11:42 AM
That's correct. You only get a blinking lite with the last gal. or so of fuel. My fuel guage seems to be very accurate. Each bar = one gal. and the blinking lite is the last gal. Total gals. tank holds = 5.25
AZ08Grizz is offlineReport Post

Norseman is on a distinguished road

07-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that was the case. Now I can sleep. HA

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Tech Tips

Search tags for this page

2001 yamaha big bear 400 gas gauge

2001 yamaha grizzly 600 fuel gauge

2008yamaha grizzly 400 gas guage
big bear fuel guage
fuel guage for yamaha big bear 400
gas gage for 2000 yamaha big bear 400
grizzly 600 gas gauge
how much is a yamaha big bear gas guage
how to replace fuel guage on yamaha 4 wheeler
how to replace fuel meter on 2007 450 yamaha grizzly
taking fuel meter out of grizzly 600 fuel tank

yamaha 600 grizzly gas tank gage

yamaha bear fuel gauge

yamaha grizzly 600 fuel gauge

yamaha grizzly 600 gas gauge

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.