Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Problems with 09 grizzly 700

This is a discussion on Problems with 09 grizzly 700 within the Grizzly Tech Tips forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; I have a new 09 700 grizzly with only 24 hrs and around 250 miles. Recently the bike is very hard to keep idoling, it ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Tech Tips

Grizzly Tech Tips Technical articles, tips, tricks and advice from the experts and your fellow Grizzly owners.

D Boy is on a distinguished road
08-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Problems with 09 grizzly 700

I have a new 09 700 grizzly with only 24 hrs and around 250 miles. Recently the bike is very hard to keep idoling, it always dies on me at idol or when going very slow and sometimes just die out when I floor it. Now if I can get it going and ride hard and fast it will stay running but start back firing when I slow down. Generally after ridding it for about an hour fighting with it, then everything goes away and it runs fine. I'm guessing something is wrong with the injectors. I have checked the plug, changed the gas, ran higher octane gas, cleaned the filter, and just recently replaced the filter with a k&n. If anything seems like its getting worse. Just looking for some quick advice before I bring it back to the shop. I'm sure it will sit in there shop awhile before they can even look at it.

Thanks again in advance.
D Boy is offlineReport Post

Trailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to beholdTrailhunter is a splendid one to behold
08-18-2009, 12:33 PM
sounds like you should be covered under warrenty..........take it in. Or adjust your idol screw
Trailhunter is offlineReport Post

robyn0604 is on a distinguished road
02-25-2010, 03:35 AM
Grizzly 700cc 2009 problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Boy View Post
I have a new 09 700 grizzly with only 24 hrs and around 250 miles. Recently the bike is very hard to keep idoling, it always dies on me at idol or when going very slow and sometimes just die out when I floor it. Now if I can get it going and ride hard and fast it will stay running but start back firing when I slow down. Generally after ridding it for about an hour fighting with it, then everything goes away and it runs fine. I'm guessing something is wrong with the injectors. I have checked the plug, changed the gas, ran higher octane gas, cleaned the filter, and just recently replaced the filter with a k&n. If anything seems like its getting worse. Just looking for some quick advice before I bring it back to the shop. I'm sure it will sit in there shop awhile before they can even look at it.

Thanks again in advance.
Hi

I was wondering if you had this problem fixed? I have a 2009 700cc Grizzly and I am experiencing the same problem, it has been with the dealer for over a month now and they dont know what is wrong with it any advice would be much appreciated.
robyn0604 is offlineReport Post
RIP Mike Mayho

Mad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMad Mike has a reputation beyond repute

02-25-2010, 05:59 AM
thats 1 of the problems around here or any fourm some people come ask for a fix for their problem. but never say what the actual fix was.

Mike road a mean...
07 770 Green Grizzly: EHS/Barker Port/Polish w/1mm o/s valves,Trinity 734 BBK, Barker +4mm Stroker Crank, Stage 2 Raptor Hot Cam, Barker true dual exhaust, PC5 w/Auto Tune, EHS Airbox Setup, 2mm o/s Throttle Body by KDS, 25.5" Pit Bull Growlers, Owner of Mike`s Powerhouse Mods #2 and #3 (formerly coop45 mods).

GOD BLESS MIKE'S SOUL. HE WAS A GREAT FRIEND AND ASSET TO THIS SITE. SEE YOU WHEN I GET THERE BUDDY! JAMEY (AKA GEARSLAYER).
Mad Mike is offlineReport Post

MikeT' is a jewel in the roughMikeT' is a jewel in the roughMikeT' is a jewel in the rough

02-25-2010, 09:46 AM
I had the same problem with my bike. They changed throttle position sensor, this is a know issue with the EFI Grizzly's. My bike is running right, but it still pops back every now and then, i am not sure if this is just due to cold weather(glass pack effect). Let me know what you guys find, I would like to know any other problems to look for if this happens in the future.
Powercommander III
K&N Air filter/Snorkeled
Dynatech coil
1mm shim/White EPI spring
Warn RT25 winch w/synthetic cable
Aluminum Products A-Arm guards
Sony marine head unit
MB Quart 180 W marine amp
2x8" and 2x6.5" Memphis marine speakers
Tamarack Titan rear seat with 6x9 Memphis marine speakers
5 20w red led neon strips in fender wells/body/frame
and a set of cast iron nuts............

Last edited by MikeT'; 02-25-2010 at 09:49 AM..
MikeT' is offlineReport Post

D Boy is on a distinguished road
02-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Actually, after bringing it to the dealership, it ended up being just the spark plug. I checked the plug before I brought it in, but I didnt observe it very close enough I guess. I was getting a spark but it was getting a white spark (not blue). The mechanic said hes only seen it happen a couple of times. He shopped me with the old plug. After changing it every thing runs great. So now I keep an extra plug with me just incase.
D Boy is offlineReport Post
Hold my beer watch this..

AKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond repute

02-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Thanks for posting the update!!!
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, Hunterworks Tri-Fire Plus CDI, Hunterworks Aluminum top, Uni filter, Ebay exhaust tip, Hunterworks full windshield, 26" Terracross tires on Series 7s, EPI Clutch Kit, 450 roller weights, Hunterworks Machined Sheave

Visit My Garage

Friends don't let friends moderate drunk!
AKMuddy is offlineReport Post

Downeaster has a spectacular aura aboutDowneaster has a spectacular aura aboutDowneaster has a spectacular aura about

03-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Mine is a 2007 which I picked up in August of 2006. It
has the orig plug in it and still runs great. I use it all
the time. If a griz is new and under warranty, it is
foolish to adjust setting for efi on your own. That could void the warranty.
Downeaster is offlineReport Post

eric will become famous soon enough

03-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Iridium plug will fix any plug issues; they just don't foul. I have had great luck with them and have never fouled a single plug. I still change them at 1000 miles; necessary or not, I think $8. is cheap insurance.

2006 Foreman 500ES
w/some stuff......
eric is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Tech Tips

Search tags for this page
09 grizzly 700
09 grizzly 700 problems
09 yamaha grizzly 700 problems
2009 grizzly 700 problems
2009 yamaha grizzly 700
2009 yamaha grizzly 700 problems
2009 yamaha grizzly problems
2010 yamaha grizzly 700 problems
700 grizzly problems
700 yamaha grizzly problems
grizzly 700 problem

grizzly 700 problems

yamaha 700 grizzly problems

yamaha grizzly 700 problems

yamaha grizzly problems
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.